What did you do to your HPI Savage today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
turn off your caps lock
your hurting my ears and giving me a massive headache.
its hard to read a post that is all capital letters!

I have a LRP.32 in one of my trucks again( removed a Picco P3 barely broke-in). I been working on breaking it in for a couple years now...lol. I recon i have at most, a couple gals through it now and the pinch is still pretty tight. I have been doing a really moderate rolling-type breakin

I THINK THE ZR32 IS GOING TO BE WAY TOO MUCH FOR THIS TRUCK.ANY THOUGHTS OUT THERE?

Remove the caps lock when you are typing? ;)

As for the engine, the LRP is no where near too much for the Savage. For me, that's still under-powered. If you want to see overpowering a Savage take a look at a brushless truck running 8s. :D

cant even compare electric to nitro. 2 totally different beasts
Check out LLcoolskillets utube videos of a savage going 110+. i do believe he does his speed runs on 12s

I'm 50, my speeddemon days are long gone right along with my pocketbook.bashing and thrashing is my gig. i like breaking poop, tho, I would rather soak money into my Harley's nowadays. i seem to get more enjoyment from those

Major half tank lean problems with the lrp motors in the savy, I sold my lrp because of that, bought a picco boost .28 turbo, much better engine and no half tank lean problem, but of a ofna tank 125cc seems to solve the lean issue they say

i am so upset!!i went to the local indoor race track to see if the hobby shop in there had a new aluminum tuned pipe for my new build..the owner informed me that when he first opend the race track it was back when the nitro monster truck racing era was huge!!and he has a pile of brand new savage x and savage xls in original manufacting boxes they are just missing a few parts here and there because when racers would break a part he would just grab a brand new savage off the shelf and sell the parts off it like a ebay chop shop. so he brought me out a brand spanking new savage in the box with the diffs,engine,and wheels missing.the rest is there!!its the older style with dual shock set up and am radio system. even has the roto start and all paperwork the whole nine yards!!! so he sold it to me for $100!!if i wouldve known this 2 weeks ago it wouldve saved me a crap load!!i spend over $100 on just my shocks,bumpers and roll cage!!this one is totally complete!!and he said he has a ton of the savage xls at his house in his garage!!I'm excited i pipcked up a brand new savage roller but i wished i wouldve gotten it 2 weeks ago. lol

oh and plus he sold me a brand new hpi aluminum pipe off a savage xl 5.9. anyone know if thoes pipes are any better than the plastic stock one? does the engine produce any more power output? thanks as always guys

I have found that with the half round exhaust header from the 5.9 xl it is an awesome cheap upgrade, I have teied 100.00 pipe and headers but nothing performed better than that set up!!!!!

oh and plus he sold me a brand new hpi aluminum pipe off a savage xl 5.9. anyone know if thoes pipes are any better than the plastic stock one? does the engine produce any more power output? thanks as always guys
You might want to start up your own thread, will be easier for people to follow and help.

I put a LRP30 in my savage X last year and really like it. I was running 17/47 gearing and it was still overly wheelie happy. I had a 3-speed trans many years ago and it was more of a pain than it was worth. Had to take it half apart to adjust one of the shift points.

YEAH I BROKE IN THE LRP 32 YESTERDAY. WAY WAY TO MUCH ENGINE FOR THE SAVAGE.OR FOR ANY TRUCK! DURING BREAKIN..WITH THROTTLE BARLY ABOVE IDLE WHEN IT SHIFTED INTO SECOND GEAR THE FRONT WHEELS WENT IN THE AIR..UNBLEIVABLE!! FROM WHAT I CAN SEE DURING BREAKIN THIS ENGINE WILL BE WAY STRONGER THAN MY MGT 8.0

THAANKS FOR THE WELCOME..SO YOUR SAYING IF I USE THE HEADER PIPE OFF THE 5.9 IT WILL PRODUCE MORE POWER? WOW I don't THINK IT NEEDS ANYMORE BUT GOOD TO KNOW.BY THE WAY THE PIPE IS SHAPED YOUR CERTAIN IT WILL FIT IN THE X FRAME? NOT AS MUCH ROOM INBETWEEN ENGINE AND SHOCK TOWER LIKE THERE IS IN THE XL

You have to go to the big bore shock set up, yes I have that set up on my x it will make it lighter and less breakage with 4 less shocks

You have to go to the big bore shock set up, yes I have that set up on my x it will make it lighter and less breakage with 4 less shocks
I HAVE THE 4 SHOCK SET UP ON MY SAVAGE. I JUST SO HAPPEN TO HAVE A BRAND NEW NEVER USED 5.9 HEADER PIPE. SO I MIGHT AS WELL THROW IT ON THERE AS LONG AS ITS NOT GOING TO LOOK TOO SHAGGY OR INTERFERE WITH ANYTHING

QUESTION FOR YA...DO YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE HPI PITCHFORK
TIRES? LOOKING AT THE SPEC THEY SEEM TO BE A LITTLE TALLER AND WIDER THAN THE FACTORY GT2 TIRS CORRECT? I WONDER HOW THEY WOULD LOOK AND PERFORM ON A SET OF WARLOCK RIMS? I HAVE A SET OF BRAND NEW 40 SERIES PROLINE TRENCERS NEVER MOUNTED AND A SET OF MASHER 1/2IN OFFSETS USED FOR ABOUT 10MINUTES ON MY ASSOCISTED MGT. I THINK THE TRENCHERS LOOK KINDA SILLY ON THE SAVAGE, THE MASHERS LOOK AMAZING BUT I THINK ITS TOO MUCH BITE AND MAY RUIN MY DRIVETRAIN!! PLUS THERE HEAVY. SO ID LIKE TO STICK WITH THE MORE OFA STOCK SIZED WHEEL/TIRE SET UP..NOT TO MENTION I HAVE THE HOTRACING WHEEL/HUB ADAPTORS WITH THE SPECIAL WARLOCK INSERTS TO SUPPORT THE WHEEL HEX. ANY THOUGHTS?

I HAVE THE 4 SHOCK SET UP ON MY SAVAGE. I JUST SO HAPPEN TO HAVE A BRAND NEW NEVER USED 5.9 HEADER PIPE. SO I MIGHT AS WELL THROW IT ON THERE AS LONG AS ITS NOT GOING TO LOOK TOO SHAGGY OR INTERFERE WITH ANYTHING

Can you please LOSE the all capital letters, hollering on the forum does get kind of OLD in a hurry

Can you please LOSE the all capital letters, hollering on the forum does get kind of OLD in a hurry
i didnt realize i was typing in caps all the time. sorry i offended you so easily.I'm at work and the computer program i use all day have to have the caps on.

The problem with oversized tires, stresses all the moving components as far as breakage, kills power and fuel, I stick with around same size tires as fsctory,,,,, learned my lesson, but just my opinion.

i didnt realize i was typing in caps all the time. sorry i offended you so easily.I'm at work and the computer program i use all day have to have the caps on.
For me, when it's the entire post like that, it's just hard to read. YELLING in a post is sometimes warranted though. :)

You might want to look into some 40 series wheels/tires. The pitchfork's are like HPI's savage XL tires. A lot of sidewall, which will get extra sketchy once your at top speed. Running a set of 40's usually gives you less sidewall while giving you a bit more circumference for easier rolling over things. Since your running an LRP32... your going to end up geared for quite a bit of speed. I run an LRP30 with 47/18 on mine at the moment, and I run traxxas 3.8" geode wheels with 3.8" chevron tires. They are a bit narrower than traditional 40's, but I like them for what I do. Regardless, even at my gearing, it gets sketchy at top speed. I intend on going to 47/19 to try and tame down the wheelies some more, which will make my top speed runs even more exciting. lol

For me, when it's the entire post like that, it's just hard to read. YELLING in a post is sometimes warranted though. :)

You might want to look into some 40 series wheels/tires. The pitchfork's are like HPI's savage XL tires. A lot of sidewall, which will get extra sketchy once your at top speed. Running a set of 40's usually gives you less sidewall while giving you a bit more circumference for easier rolling over things. Since your running an LRP32... your going to end up geared for quite a bit of speed. I run an LRP30 with 47/18 on mine at the moment, and I run traxxas 3.8" geode wheels with 3.8" chevron tires. They are a bit narrower than traditional 40's, but I like them for what I do. Regardless, even at my gearing, it gets sketchy at top speed. I intend on going to 47/19 to try and tame down the wheelies some more, which will make my top speed runs even more exciting. lol
yeah i hear ya..and i get what you mean by sidewall.my mgt has same issue.you really have to watch how fast you take a turn because it will flip on its side lol. i have a set of proline masher40s with the 1/2 inch offset. (they don't concider them 40s but 3.8 or something) but yeah you know which ones I'm talking about right? similar to the trencher x wheels/tires.do you think thoes mashers will get too much bit and ruin drivetrain gears? also how fast you thinking your savage will top out at with that zr30 engine?

f 4.6, with xl pipe and header, and only 3 shims under head button, yes its a monster, flips over non stop, and friends with their savages cant run with it, course I don't tell my tips to them, some things are better not told

mine came stock with the 43/13 diffs however mine has the 29/9 gears in them also. don't know the diffrence other than ive read there a whole lot stronger.also seems they are a touch higher ratio? i ordered the robinson racing gen 3 slipper/spur gear and the RR bell gear.but i already have the HPI race duty vented bells so idont think i need the RR one? also i ordered them in 47/17t.i think thats stock.that should be okay with the lrp32 engine ya think?

oh I have a new just broke in picco boost .28 turbo motor, just waiting for the right time to run it when it gets warmer, I love it better than my l. yes ,expect crazy speed, with that set up I knocked mine down to 15/52. I also have the new 29/9 set up. gears have a lot deeper mesh also. deeper grooves

do you thi
oh I have a new just broke in picco boost .28 turbo motor, just waiting for the right time to run it when it gets warmer, I love it better than my l. yes ,expect crazy speed, with that set up I knocked mine down to 15/52. I also have the new 29/9 set up. gears have a lot deeper mesh also. deeper grooves
do you think i should cut out a small hole with rounded corners in my windsheild for engine cooling? plus lets the engine breath in fresh outside air and lets the head flow through the body? with my mgt i had to cut a hole in the front windsheild for ventalation. whats your opinion in ventelation on the savage x?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back