What did you do to your HPI Savage today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
knocked the dust off it, turned the engine over a few times, not had the time to play lately

I got it a friend
IMG_6100.jpg

Had a little fun today. The exhaust is finally getting that copper look!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 20
Tore down,inspected,rebuilt and reinstalled diffs.trying to beat the alignment into submission. Ordered 2 more 3s Lipos. That's all for the day. Time to bash

Looked at it lying on the workbench.
Is in pieces for winter maintenance but can't work on it because of my shattered elbow and shoulder..
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Got a brandnew LRP Z.32 spec2 waiting next to it...

It warmed up some today so I took the Octane out for a bit. It took a little adjusting but started up rather easily. I was a little surprised! It hadn't been started in over a month.

Did tank 4 of break in and fitted my Spektrum DX6 receiver and paired it up to controller. Waiting on charger coming for hump pack battery.

bought a good looking used Savage Flux HP with XL conversion. (Still waiting for delivery....) but I'm researching in the mean time, so I can hit the ground running once I round up some LiPos. I'm learning a lot of great info on here!

Fitted another spur, adjusted idle as recommended by HPI but haven't ran it properly. I'm buggered if I can see anything wrong with the mesh. Have adjusted it using strip of paper.

I bought a second hand (I've caught the bug) savage X 4.6 off of eBay and I see it has a metal spur. Haven't had it going yet but hope to at weekend and I'll post some photos of it

Just swapped my drive gears from my 2 speed into my 3 speed tranny. Thanks to an amazing thread I read here. Great idea, something I would never have thought to do on my own. Love doing upgrades with parts I already have!

New F100 body painted and installed. ( had to remove roll cage to get this to fit properly.
Integy Wheel spacers installed. ( I know i know integy ....... all i can get out here )

Seems where i am has extensive land reclamations... 3 mins from my house i have an area of 10 football pitches ready for bashing.

On my second gallon of VP fuel.
engine seems to be getting faster and faster.

looking for some road tires at the moment, got some nice empty carparks at the F1 circuit :)

IMG-20160221-WA0009.jpg IMG-20160221-WA0009.jpg IMG-20160221-WA0010.jpg IMG-20160221-WA0020.jpg

Last edited:
New F100 body painted and installed. ( had to remove roll cage to get this to fit properly.
Integy Wheel spacers installed. ( I know i know integy ....... all i can get out here )

Seems where i am has extensive land reclamations... 3 mins from my house i have an area of 10 football pitches ready for bashing.

On my second gallon of VP fuel.
engine seems to be getting faster and faster.

looking for some road tires at the moment, got some nice empty carparks at the F1 circuit :)

View attachment 1695 View attachment 1695 View attachment 1696 View attachment 1697

wow, so you're in Bahrain huh! :D

Latest posts

Members online

Back