What did you do to your HPI Savage today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just receive my sway bar kit for my Savage X 4.6. Took me about 45 mins just to figure what goes where and studying the instruction. Took me another 1 hr just to how to get it install just on one side!!! When I finally done rear I worked on the front end and took me just 20 min to install. Looks like I’m getting used to my truck. Also install mid skid plate. Can’t wait to bring it out on Saturday.:woot:

I placed a huge order worth 1000 euros to get my car running. I ordered from integy, GPM Racing, Modelsport, Wheelspin models, Alza racing

Y'all will soon see a build thread

^^^ definetley, today I'm catching a plane to Mallorca on my own because I'm going to a tennis academy and when I get back in 3 months all my parts will be here hopefully.

Finally got to do a little bashing with the Ravaged Savage (yeah, I know its corny but I'm in that kind of mood, LOL!) Just as I was about to setup my iphone to get some super slow-mo footage, I rolled it and it died. I wasn't able to get it started again. I suspect the glow plug has had it and/or the carbs are not adjusted right. Ah well.... maybe next time.

Took the twin and flux out yesterday, real close tune and sync on the 25's but took more than a half tank to get 3rd gear on a brand new stock 3sp #4 in this rig. The 4s flux wont standing bf but I flip my helis and drive my vehicles. I let 2 neighbors drive fluxed up in the cut grass common ground accross the street. 1 is already a hobbyist and the other soon will be. My work and play is done for now. Didn't drive my x32 but the season is early. Have you lubed your savage lately?

I almost left out the part about unvulcanizing a trx talon tire with the flux

Last edited:
Well fitted battery meter,new servos,new fibreglass brakes placed order for new shell, purple integy alloy flywheel with new shoes and integy fuel tank guard now going to look for sway bars

I continued breaking in my new LRP .28 and I forgot how much pull starts suck on a new engine :-(IMG_20160416_241000906[1].jpg IMG_20160415_170941609[1].jpg

Ordered a different carb for the LRP28 that is in it... figured I'd give a losi 454 carb a try. IF that doesn't work, I'll be installing and breaking in a picco 28 I've had NIB for 4 years waiting for one of my LRP's to die. Although, from what I've read, it's not the easiest thing to break in and tends to have a air sucking carb once heated up. Might just get another LRP on order and use this one for parts since I have one in 2 other vehicles that run great.

Took the horrible paint job off my old Ferrari body. Think I may leave it clear, I like to see all the goodies inside

Agree 100%. All of my current bodies are unpainted except for the bodies that were bought painted.

Agree 100%. All of my current bodies are unpainted except for the bodies that were bought painted.
Ya I like the look, it's just a bashin body anyway. Fits right tight to the roll bar so it doesn't flex a lot during roof slides, it's lasted longer than any truck body I've had

Aluminum bodies showed up for my big bores today. I could only find one black set, and one purple set.
image.jpeg
Since I've been on a de-purpleizing mission lately, I just couldn't put them on my truck like this
image.jpeg
Much better
image.jpeg

You will LOVE those shocks..... I especially like that they come with spring sets too :D
Ya they seem awesome, I've always liked threaded bodies. And three different sets of springs is great. Not easy to find though, out of stock every where. Last 2 pairs Integy had

Are they not making those bodies any more? I just recently got a full silver set (looks just like your deanodized ones) frome some guy on eBay.

Not sure if they're not making them anymore, or just every one is sold out. I searched for a while and couldn't find a matching set anywhere

Not sure if they're not making them anymore, or just every one is sold out. I searched for a while and couldn't find a matching set anywhere

Well, they sure look nice. If I hadn't won the LST shock kit on here, I would have given those a try. As it is, I need to order a set of LST shocks for my X. Just trying to get it running right before I sink more $ into it.

My Losi 454 9.5mm carb showed up today, so I installed it and RTV'd it. Will take it out and run it tomorrow probably to see if it helped my LRP at all.

Got new shocks mounted and finally took it out for a test, first run since I installed the mid tank. Ran fantastic, amazing throttle response with the new linkage compared to the stock setup. Shocks handled amazing, really pleased with the big bore upgrade from the 8 shocks.
I'm not getting any traction at all on my hard pack gravel/dirt road though. Proline mashers and 47/17 just light up the tires, fishtails everywhere. Gunna try 47/19 tommorow, need to tone it down a bit.
All in all good times though, feels great to smell the nitro burning again after all the wrenching I've done lately
image.jpeg

Just ordered an LRP ZR30 for my savage x to replace the LRP28 that has fought with me since I bought it.

YAY! Time for break-in blisters!

Took my x out yesterday after the rain stopped to test wot sputter problem. All new o rings and a good seal job did not fix the problem. This old Collari 32 may have burped it's last tank and won a spot on the shelf. I've been chasing the problem for a while and ran out of faults. On a brighter note my neighbor with the shiny loud Harley walked over with a Walmart bag and asked if I had need for any of these parts. It was a mini revo vxl broken in half. Transmitter, rpm arms, 2 nmh and 2 LiPo packs, manuals, and some spares. I offered him money, he declined and said he had no use for it. It was a good day. Looks like $25 will fix the little basher.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back