What did you do to your HPI Savage today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took mine down off the shelf it sits on and looked it over, hope I get to bash soon....

I finally put the front end of my 5.9 back together now just got to hook up the steering that will probably take a month now that deer season is upon us.

^^^usually, I hate roll cages. but that looks cool

Thanks! It's built more for function over looks but It's good it looks good lol.

Today I ran my savage x with the .28axial v1 and once I had it tuned mint she shredded the clutch bell and the spur . My mesh was great cause I checked before running but I could tell they both needed replacing soon . Like they say . Run it till dies ! I ran it until it ceased to move . Now I'm cleaning all the steel shavings from everywhere on this bad boy !

Well I just bought my savage a new set of boots

Also some Dynamite shoes and mugen 1.0 springs for when my stock ones die.

New shock tower and upper arms as well. Towers were only 5 bucks from gpm racing and the upper arms too. So I figured I would try them towers... lol

Screenshot_2015-04-20-16-13-22_zpsdv9hn5ds.png

Screenshot_2015-04-20-16-13-38_zpseqfxme0t.png

Nice new shoes. be careful if you intend on really bashing with those towers mounted.... they look sweet, but do not flex at all

New Flywheel, alloy shoes on the Axial .32 in the savage....

Looked at my truck to see if there was anything else lose or broken! Then go ahead n order those parts n get them here! I'm waiting for a package with a f 4.1 motor a new rotary start n radio a receiver ect can't wait to put everything together!! I've been looking at how to tune a f4.1 and I think that might be my weakest!!

Just finished up my htl mod after replacing the clutch bell bearings, clutch bell to a vented one and a purple hpi tuned pipe. Time to go rip and run!

Cleaned it up n thinking about what mods to do on my savage 25! My goal is to be able to run a lrp .28 with out stuff breaking when I say that I mean plastic stuff I didn't replaced on it that I should had!!

Nice Pix, but you should try hosting them at Photobucket, it is free and if you use IMG copy then they will show up full size right here on the forum.....

This is my first time posting on here..I got my savage xl5.9 5 days ago and got it broken in and learned the hard way not to use a drill to start it..(ruined the one way bearing in it).. And today got it completely tuned up (I think) ...every now and then it dies when I come to a hard stop..so I think I still have some fine tuning to do...but I love it this is my first rc since my rc10t when I was 14..having a blast!!!

i deanodized some purple parts. cleaned the front section of my truck for installation on the black tvps. tomorrow will be more interesting, planning on getting the truck back together for some pictures
.. I have a purple andized aluminum trans case. I ordered it plain aluminum.. got screwed on that deal.. How can I get it back to silver aluminum.

View attachment 1439 View attachment 1440 I got the losi front and rear skip plates that attach to the bumbers.. Installed them. Seems I had to Push away the front and rear bumbers to get them to line up correctly. I'm seriously looking forward to have the first " shelf Queen" that gets bashed up and full of mud and junk.. and bash it as regular as possible..

Attachments

• 10687143_10152777257614344_8329315490633047676_n.jpg
    10687143_10152777257614344_8329315490633047676_n.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 15

Members online

Back