What did you do to your HPI Savage today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I you want I could take one out at a time and work them. Just drive them around nicley to keep everything good.
:bad driver:

I feel you on not having enought time to play. No play makes dan a mad boy. lol

Just too many hobbies (of mine) and the activities for my kids.

I do keep the hump packs charged... just in case...

Thanks for the offer... I'll keep it in mind...

this lol

blackmagic003.jpg

wow thats bad ### ..... what sizes fuel tank u using ?

Haven't been on in awhile and seen this, so thought I'd post up. Seen it sittin on the tool box collectin sheetrock dust while half the garage is gettin finished and ready for the work bench to be built. Aslo, waitin to order a new carb for the motor.

so far i have only successfully taken the my savage apart even further to sell pieces off of it. to pay for its new pieces though :)
tonight ill take it apart even more lol had to go to work got cut short

i took my savy out and got it all muddy just so i had a reason to tear it down and clean it up lol
IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0143.jpg

IMAG0144.jpg

"nitro makes my heart beat faster"

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently mounted my pipe using the Savage XL aluminum exhaust mount and retainer set. The spring was a bit long, so it involved bending and cutting. Looks better than using the piece of wire that ERCM include with the pipe.

ovqh.jpg

gx6w.jpg

filled the tank ready for a run, half way through lost a pin and had to come home. Tip... always take plenty of spares!
Yes of course you do :confused: so do I :)

I recently mounted my pipe using the Savage XL aluminum exhaust mount and retainer set. The spring was a bit long, so it involved bending and cutting. Looks better than using the piece of wire that ERCM include with the pipe.

ovqh.jpg

gx6w.jpg
Nice pipe, what is it & where from ;-)

Just replaced clutch bell and spur gear in my Savage 25 last night, experimenting with different gear ratios. Cant wait to get off of work to try it out. What gears are you guys running in your Savages? I currently have a Losi 454 in mine and I am trying out a 17t clutch and 47t spur, I did have the 15T clutch with a 49T in it but wanted to try something else. I currently have the 47t, 49t, and the 52t spur gears and the 14t, 15t, 17t and 19t clutch bells to play with, want to see what one works best with what I have.

Stripped two gear boxes, why? because they were sitting there looking at me and wanted to get my hands dirty ;)

Just replaced clutch bell and spur gear in my Savage 25 last night, experimenting with different gear ratios. Cant wait to get off of work to try it out. What gears are you guys running in your Savages? I currently have a Losi 454 in mine and I am trying out a 17t clutch and 47t spur, I did have the 15T clutch with a 49T in it but wanted to try something else. I currently have the 47t, 49t, and the 52t spur gears and the 14t, 15t, 17t and 19t clutch bells to play with, want to see what one works best with what I have.

Let me know how you get on, I was thinking of changing the ratio on mine but so far haven't touched it.

Not on my personal Savage, But I repaired the slipper and cleaned my sons savage for him......
I am such a nice father aint I :D

Let me know how you get on, I was thinking of changing the ratio on mine but so far haven't touched it.
I ended up going with a 15t clutch bell and a 50t spur in my Savage 25. I tried a lot of different combos but with my engine, tires and the terrain I run, I found this to be the best performing combo for my truck.

Well, I looked at it a few times. Longingly, wanting to drive it.......alas, I am so damned busy!!!!

Added some more tube to my roll bar. Not my best work but not to bad for a half hour's worth of work. Hoop is a little off but It's just going to get bent anyways. :D
Ran out of steel before i was done. So need to get more and put in some more brace's and finish the X on top.

Reactions: cse
Are you using tubing or solid rod on that cage you built.... Looking really good from what the pics show...

Solid rod. And thanks! If I had more time could have turned out better. But like I was saying not that worried because I know It's just going to get bent up anyway.

And I didn't build the full cage just added some extra support to the one that was on it.
What it liked before

After

Latest posts

Members online

Back