What did you do to your HPI Savage today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what gave it away lol......

yeah its home for the moment

j

Moda Mall ;)

Back on topic:

Replaced clutch bell on my 4.6 because of bent engine mount braces.

Attachments

• IMG_0190.JPG
    IMG_0190.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 9
IMG_20160220_164535350_HDR[1].jpg Installed a FLM extended LCG chassis and painted a new body then took it out and broke a shock end :(. But that's what spares are for lol

Took my Octane to the park, ran it and ran it some more until I ran out of fuel. It ran fine, it changed gear and it didn't break so I must have been doing something wrong!!!

I got home, change the stripped spur gear on my sons Rush and sorted out the clutch on my x4.6 so I could get it running properly (one of the springs for the shoes would not seat properly causing the shoe to move up slightly meaning the clutch would not disengage!).

All in all a fantastic day. I used some fuel, got dirty and it reminded me why I love the :ercm: sounds and smell of nitro so much :):)

Today when I was bashing my Savage X 4.6. The engine kept shutting off. It turns out the air filter fell off some how and a 2 inch stick was sticking from the hole. I removed it and it ran fine after that, but my question is: Should I be worried about something small inside the carb?

Today when I was bashing my Savage X 4.6. The engine kept shutting off. It turns out the air filter fell off some how and a 2 inch stick was sticking from the hole. I removed it and it ran fine after that, but my question is: Should I be worried about something small inside the carb?

Wow....that's a hole in one......haha.

Anytime the filter comes off I would be concerned that something went into the engine, you have actual proof that something did. Now the question is if that something is enough to damage it.

Scarring on the cylinder walls or piston, or any damage to bearings or case, any number of things can cause real headaches inside.....

I put in the new tranny and changed from super swampers to badlands. I like the look. I took out some shock preload to let is settle a bit.
I am interested to see what the 49/18 gearing does with 2 sppeds in the tranny again and smaller tires.

After cleaning my 4.6 :ercm:, tuned it and had a blast!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 4
I haven't been on in a while but I just upgraded the robinson racing spur gear to the gen 3 one , replaced differentials , got a camel pack , new clutch bell , bearings for clutch bell , spacers , extra mount screws and screw period. I have some cool videos on my youtube channel jared spotts but after a good year . I 've spent 120$ just on fuel (on gallon #4) and maybe 100$ on parts. The fun though is PRICELESS !!!

Took my 4.6 out for a run. Jumped it, rolled it, got it dirty, filled it with fuel, jumped it some more, rolled it some more and got it even dirtier. Stripped the spur gear, brought it home and put it away until I can be bothered to fix it :):):)

I cannot think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon:ercm::ercm::ercm:

And now it is fixed!!!

Note to myself, next time I take the engine out I must set the mesh properly or the spur gear will be destroyed :DOH:

Last edited:
Reactions: X
It's more what my savages did to me today, the octane front right wheel took off on its own during a speed run, the hex-shape in the rim completely gone so the wheel just unscrewed itself I guess. I suppose that explaines why the octane wouldn't do any wheelies at all today, it made its first few yesterday. Then afterwards I noticed one of the two screws holding the exhaust was completely gone, and out of the threaded hole in the exhaust pipe was a thin piece of metal, and when I pulled it, it kept coming, the thread coming out as a thin thin piece of metal thread. (Funny, never thought of that before thread and thread are the same words in english, as thread in a threaded bolt and thread as in sewing thread, now I can figure why :( ;) )
And then my flux made some somersaults ending with a broken rear RPM A-arm (didn't think RPM's A-arms could break...), turned out the axle tying the a-arm to the wheel hub had snapped straight off, so the wheel was hanging in just one of the two fingers of the a-arm, no wonder it broke. Didn't realise the drive axle had dropped off in the process, until back home, aarrghh.

Had an argument with mine took the skin off me knuckles on the cylinder head

Just swapped my drive gears from my 2 speed into my 3 speed tranny. Thanks to an amazing thread I read here. Great idea, something I would never have thought to do on my own. Love doing upgrades with parts I already have!
Got a link for what that does?

I just ordered a wing mount... next, to figure out how/where to attach it so I don't tear up bodies next season. The t-bonez skid/wheelie bar I put on it at the end of last year will help significantly, but a wing will protect it even more.

Stupid wheelies!

Only those who cannot handle their Savages thinks wheelies are stupid, the rest of us thinks wheelies are what makes life worth living ;)
I love me some wheelies. Just hate that the body gets seriously tore up when in the grass even with the HPI wheelie bar. Spending $40 on a body 3-4 times a year seems stupid for a basher like me.

Installed JP DS8911 stering servo........ 25 kg torque !!!!!!!

Deflector installed .... no more messy Savage.

I have a bash date tomorrow Savage vs Desert

I bashed my Octane into a football goal yesterday. Another RPM A-Arm went, and the diff-housing and one of those damn ice-cream soft alu-bars that one would expect be the one to prevent the diff-housing from breaking. And one of the "spikes" on the drive axle :argh:
And it wasn't even a hard hit. Not like when I drove the Flux full speed straight into my car trailer making a horrible sound, a tuft of grass fly +10m and the trailer support wheel all crooked, under which the flux got stuck. A few things loosend on the flux, but amazingly enough nothing broke :wideeyed:

I have to fix some kind of bumper up front on those cars.

I love me some wheelies. Just hate that the body gets seriously tore up when in the grass even with the HPI wheelie bar. Spending $40 on a body 3-4 times a year seems stupid for a basher like me.

I agree. So when you are bashing simply put on a cheap body that you don't care about. Seems silly to not drive your Savage how you want to because you're worried about cosmetic damage.

Took my savage out for a little run today to try out new bowties and velocity wheels I found at a swap meet. What a big difference over the stock tires and wheels!0312161646.jpg 0312161646a.jpg

finally the Atv body completed..... Found in my local hobby store. masking tape issues are no more. FROG TPAE done the business.

fist image shows deflector ''DU-BRO '' is the brand.

took her out for a spin........... running terrible i found the following issues.

lost 4 screws that attach engine plate to the TVP.......... wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow not good.
purple rubber to attach the exhaust was ripped.

checked spur and clutch bell no damage ........

8 days I'm in london Already ordered from Mick charles

new exhaust rubber with a spare :)
new clutch set ''spare''
spur gear ''spare''
clutch bell ''spare''
road tires and rims '' phaltline ''
new brakes ..... stainless are terrible. ''Fiber glass brake conversion''
one more shell not sure what one yet..... painting skills are improving
maybe new radio gear.......... we shall see .... currently running 3PRKA FUTABA

third gear cancelled
swaybar set cancelled
suspension conversion cancelled

other then that she is off the road until i can replace these screws.

NOTE TO SELF..... after session of 10ft jumps cheack all screws

DSC_0166.JPG DSC_0172.JPG DSC_0170.JPG DSC_0168.JPG DSC_0167.JPG DSC_0169.JPG

Cleaned my k5.9 motor. oiled it with after run oil, did a few turns on the motor.

Also inspected the diffs as I heard a grinding noise coming from it. thought it was the transmission but it sounded like the flux tranny and not the 3 speed so I inspected it and there were 4 gears broken from the pinion! ARGHHH Another 35 pounds spent on diff maintanence. Does it ever stahp?!?!

Hey Rooky, the RPM A arms are hard to find but the part numbers are;

RPM82012

RPM82002

Latest posts

Members online

Back