What did you do to your HPI Savage today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fitted a set of wide axles for my Flux HP and re-programmed the ESC to make it much more usable whilst not losing the ability to do a standing 360 jump!!

Also ordered a new body for it:

$_57.JPG

managed to find another Savage XS on eBay that I didn't really want or need so I offered a ludicrously low price that I was sure the seller would reject but it was accepted!! Comes with a pile of spares so it will be put away for when my son breaks something on my basher XS as it will be a useful source of spares!!

This is the only one he made in copper, so don't really want to run it but may have to.

Got my 25 a little brother today. He comes from the Amazon orphanage on Saturday. Got a flux xs. Pics to come when it gets here. Put a purple tuned pipe on the 25 too. Brake job likely this weekend as I got the fiberglass discs. Got 3 new bodies from ebay for $30 too.

Attachments

• 20160714_205109.jpg
    20160714_205109.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20160708_201700.jpg
    20160708_201700.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 6
"The Amazon Orphanage" that's funny stuff. I plan on getting my X out this weekend. Finally did the bellcrank upgrade last weekend with Tekno bearings and the HPI HD spring.

image.jpeg I haven't done it yet TODAY, but I plan too!

About to install a new steering servo on my 4.6.
I've already done the steering bearing upgrade. I've also upgraded to the silver steering saver spring.
I've also upgraded to a hump pack.
Next, installing this servo.

ive never done this before so I'm looking for tips and things to pay attention for. I plan to use the aluminum horn that came with the servo.
The stock servo is 25t spline and the Hitec is 24t.

Thanks for help in advance!

Only tip I have is turn your radio and truck on, and center your steering trim before hooking up the linkages. It's irritating to have your truck driver in circles when it's supposed to go straight. ;)

I got everything on!
But the servo won't go back to center after turning all the way to right and left.
It will come half way back and then stop.
I also noticed when it does that I loose all power, I don't have brake or throttle. And then after about a second and it center it self back up.

Took my flux out to have some fun:
image.jpeg
Had a great time then it stopped moving:

Batteries charged - yup
Motor running - yup
Wheels moving - nope

Better strip it down then...........

image.jpeg

Whoops!! Better go shopping

I replaced my Spur Gear, bell gear(went a little smaller) with Robinson Racing setup and the aluminum clutch. Was driving my Savage SS on the beach(OBX) and trashed the gears. I guess the engine slides when you roll the truck several times at high speed and screws up the meshing of the gears. Go figure!

@Derekpike tuck that antenna! Kidding not kidding :offtopic:
Looks like a blast! I still want one. Lol

I was going to @Rooky due to rollover and it being 2.4ghz, but I didn't because I was in a hurry to play with my new toy. It survived many rollovers on pavement though. I'm going to have to pick up some spare bodies soon. Hard to keep it on all fours. Brake control is harder than throttle control actually.

This thing is super fast just on 2s. I want 3s, but will be a while as I don't want to break it just yet.

Lol! I know the feeling. I'm glad you finally got one that gives you zero issues! It's nice to have one that goes when you get aggravated with the good stuff. :wacky:

Lol! I know the feeling. I'm glad you finally got one that gives you zero issues! It's nice to have one that goes when you get aggravated with the good stuff. :wacky:

Yeah it's weird having one running at all times. Hoping to do the brakes on the 25 tonight. Wife at work and daughter at Dad's. Haven't even looked to see what I'm getting myself into yet.

I replaced my Spur Gear, bell gear(went a little smaller) with Robinson Racing setup and the aluminum clutch. Was driving my Savage SS on the beach(OBX) and trashed the gears. I guess the engine slides when you roll the truck several times at high speed and screws up the meshing of the gears. Go figure!

That is weird, check the engine plate for cracks. And check the engine mount.
Rolling shouldn't screw up your mesh. I guess there is some other problem.
Also check if the center gearbox are loose..

Checked my spares stash and found a brand new drive gear for my flux to replace the one that I accidentally stripped!!

Sold the first Savage I ever bought :( (it was a 25 with an Ansmann 28 engine and was sitting in a bag unused & unloved but the buyer saw it running, gave me some money & left with a big smile on his face :) so that made me happy).

Cheered myself up by going on eBay, finding some painted warlock wheels & tyres that were ending in 2 mins so had to have them. 1 bid & £15 later they arrived in the post I am very impressed as they seem to have had very little use and look pretty nice with the red body I have installed.
IMG_0112.JPG

Rigged up an extension of my roll cage to fit my ext-TVP'simage.jpegused a high body mount upside down, aluminum plate cut to fit, drilled 4 holes and a bunch of R clips.image.jpegnice and solid. Drilled 2 new holes in the only body I had that fitimage.jpegonce my drive shaft shows up I can try out these new boots and TVP's.

Just bought MMX combo kit so excited to get it installed one I get my Kershaw conversion. So many more improvements to come. Will post pics as I get the operation started.

Went smaller on the wheels and bigger on the frame.

jzu6oUIl.jpg

Going from the eight skinny shocks to the Big Bores was a huge improvement in handling, and this new setup has been another big jump in handling. It's also a lot more stable over jumps now. The Trencher X tires looked awesome, but the ballooning was a big problem. The Badlands keep their cool at all speeds now.

Latest posts

Members online

Back