What did you do to your HPI Savage today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motorsaver filter showed up today. image.jpegSwapped my rr lower a-arm to replace the broken lf. Sadly had to put an aluminum arm on the rear till my rpm set arrives. Got to do what I got to do to keep her rippin!

Introduced my savage to his new big brother. :woot:.

IMG_20160625_161915577.jpg IMG_20160625_172815375.jpg IMG_20160625_174032027.jpg
It has 3.8 trenchers with tech 5 wheels, mamba monster 2 esc, HD tranny gear, XL kit along with several other small things. Found it on Craigslist and couldn't pass it up. It was super clean and hardly scuffed up. It was supposedly only ran in the guys back yard and only 4s 90% of the time.

Last edited:
Thats a weird air filter on top!!!!! you need to replace it!!!! :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::wideeyed:

It's electric and that is not a filter......haha

Looks like just padding wrapped around the roll bar.

Lol yea it's just a old dirty roll bar filter, really need to get that changed.

He said it makes the body more ridged for rollovers, seems like it might work so I'm going to give it a try. This flux power is a little different than nitro, going to have this wheelie bar wore out lol.

Swapped front pinion to the rear (had lost 4 teeth) noticed that the front was missing a tooth as well. So machined pinion and diff are due when I get a bonus check in a Lil over a week and an Axial SCX10

Rpm arm set showed up today! Started disassembling, noticed both rear tires are peeling off the rims.image.jpeg Probably why she was a little loose today.
Also decided to compare weights on three different sets of upper/lower a-arms since I had them all out on the bench. image.jpeg
Left-stock x arms 1.788 oz
Middle-Integy arms 3.995 oz
Right-rpm arms 1.877 oz
Weights are for one corner, upper and lower combined.

First time in probably 7 years since I tore her down... This thing has some serious miles and many years of racing and rebuilding. Son is now 6 and is into the RC... Complete rebuild in process to bring her back to her former glory.

Attachments

• IMG_1246.JPG
    IMG_1246.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1252.JPG
    IMG_1252.JPG
    207.2 KB · Views: 10
Finally got some parts for the kids' trucks so I could have my servos back, upgraded to bearings in the bellcrank and it started raining. :banghead: Guess I have to work on the dryer and the 1:1 ride anyway. :DOH:

Yep.. Just HAVE to try it.

I wonder what it will do to handling. Put 300K oil in it yesterday.
Probably make it feel really slow since you can't gear it low enough to get good punch off the line or high enough to get good speed out of it without compromising one or the other quite a bit. I tried a center diff on my xtm mammoth due to the 2-speed having issues every time I ran it... really sucked after that.

Rpm arms mounted, tight tight tight. Had to take the dremel to a few spots just to get them to move freely. But over all I think they will endure more of my abuse than the x arms will, they seem tough as nails. image.jpeggot a notice from the post man today too. Looks like my FLM stuff has arrived! Pretty pumped to start assembling! More pics coming soon.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back