Dad's dedication to Joseph Paul "Angel"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
US Custom Cages EXT FLM Length

6d7ee935.jpg

dd24b537.jpg

f296814a.jpg

f3c412aa.jpg

9f073272.jpg

Man i likes the looks of that Joe!!!rockout

I check all the bolts every run. The RSC is scratched and some of the chassis but all surface.

I KNOW!!! my rear RSC uprights are no longer purple on the front side from so many stone chips etc... And the sides towards the rear of my tvps have developed a worse case of spots than a teenager!

I think in a few months once i have bashed the hell out of the truck, i will get all the metals anodized the same colour including the tvps. Will just freshen the look of the truck so it looks new again.

Man i likes the looks of that Joe!!!rockout

Thanks Scott.

Will just freshen the look of the truck so it looks new again.

Josh, so you want a fresh look.

Here is my race setup. I installed the sway bar, GH Steering Bell Crank, Proline Calibers, Down Force Wing, and stickers and purple paint scheme to make me go faster. :lmao4: For the racers, I did track runs today and I did 48-54 sec lap times. Yes I suck, at least I did not come in last against truggies. LOL

a1b437c5.jpg

49eabb05.jpg

bea09ef8.jpg

b6a4f787.jpg

13734e90.jpg

You never cease to amaze me!!! Your truck is like a transformer, from model truck to racer haha....

I was considering getting some LPR rims for my truck but it would just look so wierd considering the length of mine. Plus i don't race so there is no point. Maybe when i have some spare cash, but Centre diff and steering is my priority...

Which brings me onto my next question regarding yoru GH steering assembly....

How is it?
How is fitment?
Does it allow full throw of the RSC without modding unlike the stock steering assembly? (i had probs getting mine to turn right completly so i shaved some parts off the steering system and the plastic bar connecting the steering posts ripped in half!)

Could you take some close up pics of the steering assembly for me please? Thanks Joe

Truck looks awesome

Joe its getting sicker and sicker! i will also be racing my truck when it is done! cant wait! Rep+

You never cease to amaze me!!! Your truck is like a transformer, from model truck to racer haha....

I was considering getting some LPR rims for my truck but it would just look so wierd considering the length of mine. Plus i don't race so there is no point. Maybe when i have some spare cash, but Centre diff and steering is my priority...

Which brings me onto my next question regarding yoru GH steering assembly....

How is it?
How is fitment?
Does it allow full throw of the RSC without modding unlike the stock steering assembly? (i had probs getting mine to turn right completly so i shaved some parts off the steering system and the plastic bar connecting the steering posts ripped in half!)

Could you take some close up pics of the steering assembly for me please? Thanks Joe

Truck looks awesome

The GH steering is great, no modifications. Purchase and install it, trust me it is easy and the turning is smoother and faster. I recommend getting sway bars to keep you from flipping to much. I did not take any pictures so sorry. Your turning radius is dictated by the amount of trimming you do on the knuckles. If you do not trim the aluminum nuckles (rsc) the stock plastics have better turning radius. You do not want to trim to much without using CVD's, because your dog bones will fall out. 1. it is hard to locate on a track or field 2. They are pricey.

Joe its getting sicker and sicker! i will also be racing my truck when it is done! cant wait! Rep+

Even with my set up I was 6 seconds behind and that is compaired to the average lap times. If it weren't for marshalls I would have probably be way behind or not even finished. Hint hint. I landed on the body more times than I wanted. So practice practice practice. Oh yah and just because engines have so much power does not mean you have to try and clear all the hills. I am having to learn quick. :bigsmilie:

Lookin' good man!

Thanks. I am trying to finish the TopKick now.

Video time

[YOUTUBE]vQI9d6AfOZQ[/YOUTUBE]

Weather can really mess with the tune. Two hours before this it was perfect, but it still has smoke through out the passes.
[YOUTUBE]l1eBNSDh-g0[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe!!! it says the vids are private!!! I need accessssss! could you suscribe to my vids so i can do the same...

Josh you can not view straight from the thread.

It says, "This video is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept this users friend request".

On youtube is says "this video is private"

Josh you can not view straight from the thread.

Even when i go on YouTube it says it's private..
Check the settings of the video, Joe --> Go to "MY VIDEOS" then go to those two videos and hit "EDIT" go down to privacy and hit "PUBLIC" ..

see with this helps and re-post the videos we want to see some ACTION !!

Even when i go on YouTube it says it's private..
Check the settings of the video, Joe --> Go to "MY VIDEOS" then go to those two videos and hit "EDIT" go down to privacy and hit "PUBLIC" ..

see with this helps and re-post the videos we want to see some ACTION !!

If you can see it through the tread I am not concern about advertising it to the world. We checked earlier and Hop was able to view it in the thread. Let me know if it still a problem viewing.

Looks like it is performing nicely!!!
What wheels and tires were you using there joe???

You were using badlands on the road!!!???
I have had to buy some new ones after 4minutes. I shred the nubs completely off!!! Literally!!! And the fronts got destroyed when braking but they were sort of salvageable...

You were using badlands on the road!!!???
I have had to buy some new ones after 4minutes. I shred the nubs completely off!!! Literally!!! And the fronts got destroyed when braking but they were sort of salvageable...

I got my diffs set up where it doesn't unload to shred the tires. You have to set your end point on the brake so where you can still push the truck manually when fully applied. If not you will end up on your body or destroying your tire threads.

Here is the TopKick

The Topkick Body with the ext FLM chassis is a tight fit. If you are looking to purchasing this body and have a shorter length than that of the ext FLM chassis, you will have to cut the body's front and rear bumpers. This paint scheme depending the angle can make the truck look all black.

eca452a9.jpg

826025f0.jpg

8da2079d.jpg

3da44ef8.jpg

73af5c7c.jpg

Nice fender flares

4b6a55d7.jpg

e5152d74.jpg

My diffs have 30k all around... I'm not talking about unloading power... its just the immidiate torque of brushless will shred the tires if i do half throttle starts. Plus a bonus of having the long chassis is that when i brake hard the truck doesnt flip over :) So braking is good.

I just decided to save the badlands for grass and off road and i am thinking of getting baja road wheels and tires for when i go 9s. I heard these tires do not balloon compared to phaltlines and other road tires as they are really thick... I hope this is the case!

My diffs have 30k all around... I'm not talking about unloading power... its just the immidiate torque of brushless will shred the tires if i do half throttle starts. Plus a bonus of having the long chassis is that when i brake hard the truck doesnt flip over :) So braking is good.

I just decided to save the badlands for grass and off road and i am thinking of getting baja road wheels and tires for when i go 9s. I heard these tires do not balloon compared to phaltlines and other road tires as they are really thick... I hope this is the case!

Humm, I have MMM 2200 brushless with MAXXAMP 6s 40C with 60C short burts. My tires are fine even when punching it. It took me almost 2 months before I had to replace the tires doing on road runs. In your case change your settings on the ESC. I change my settings for better control and applications. My Phaltlines ballon less than my badlands.

Boca bearings are on its way. #20-220C-YS with additional (2) SMR688C-2YS NB2(8x16x5)MM to complete the truck since it has the BP Diffs.

Members online

No members online now.
Back