What did you do to your HPI Savage today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More treesimage.jpeg
Guess my servo saver spring could be backed off a bit more

I'm with you there!

Rainy crummy Indiana weather today, so I'm changing shock oil and front diff oil. Did the rear diff last week. Also while I was at that I installed my handy dandy charge jack in the radio box lid.

I'm with you there!

Rainy crummy Indiana weather today, so I'm changing shock oil and front diff oil. Did the rear diff last week. Also while I was at that I installed my handy dandy charge jack in the radio box lid.
I never used a charging jack till just recently. I'm finding it quite handy

I hear you in the Indiana weather(near Bloomington), I would use the charging port but 4 yr old step son would never leave the truck alone

Of course not. I'm not THAT smart. Actually save something useful. And of course, now that I'm looking for it I can't find it either. There's 2 small plates that are on the parts tree for the radio box. Your charge jack is sandwiched between them. Once you look at it, it's painfully simple. One of the plates is even keyed so your port only goes one way. :withstupid:

Of course not. I'm not THAT smart. Actually save something useful. And of course, now that I'm looking for it I can't find it either. There's 2 small plates that are on the parts tree for the radio box. Your charge jack is sandwiched between them. Once you look at it, it's painfully simple. One of the plates is even keyed so your port only goes one way. :withstupid:

That's why I created a OneNote (computer nerd) for Nitro @Rooky. I steal all of @olds97_lss reply's and keep them for later

Attachments

• onenote.PNG
    onenote.PNG
    188.9 KB · Views: 4
The charge jack is part of the newer style on off switch. The battery plugs into one black connector, one plugs into the receiver and the third is the charge jack.

Attachments

• 80579_80579_01p_800_600.jpg
    80579_80579_01p_800_600.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 4

Not sure if this is the thread you referenced, but it's a good instructional for it.

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/how-to-mount-charge-lead-in-x-battery-box.3188/

Huh? I didn't know HPI made such a port, or if I did, I didn't notice what it was for. I just bought generic charge receptical with a water plug and used the battery meter hole by making a small plate out of an old RPM t-maxx skidplate.
2012-1223-SavageChargeJack.jpg

I like doing stuff the hard way I guess. lol

After having the jack on my revos and jato, I hated having a dangling charge wire on my savage.

Wow.. one of my breaks disk "break" in two parts... I need to find out how to repair it. Suddenly my rig won`t stop. And i find out one of the disk break in two half. Any of you have the same experience?
Here some pics...

Any instruction how to replace the disks? i never did it before!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3764.JPG
    IMG_3764.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3766.JPG
    IMG_3766.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 4
First thing is to pull the transmission from the chassis, best accomplished by removing one of the tvp plates, then you will have access to the brake system to do repairs, either way you go you need 2 rotors and pads for them.....

I went with the stainless rotors because they seem to work best..... i would invest in a center skid plate from RPM to keep crap out of the brakes.....

Latest posts

Members online

Back