What did you do to your HPI Savage today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First thing is to pull the transmission from the chassis, best accomplished by removing one of the tvp plates, then you will have access to the brake system to do repairs, either way you go you need 2 rotors and pads for them.....

I went with the stainless rotors because they seem to work best..... i would invest in a center skid plate from RPM to keep crap out of the brakes.....
Jam I have a skid plate on it.. I was enjoying my rig.. and suddenly happens... I don't know how, but this is part on the hobby .. repair , repair and repair :D

Jam I have a skid plate on it.. I was enjoying my rig.. and suddenly happens... I don't know how, but this is part on the hobby .. repair , repair and repair :D
I feel a lot less frustrated by that aspect since I've gotten another monster truck. That way I have to break two trucks in a row before my fun is over!

I feel a lot less frustrated by that aspect since I've gotten another monster truck. That way I have to break two trucks in a row before my fun is over!
I am working to get my second Savage. I have a trophy 4.6 but that was the worst mistake to buy it. i have only problems with that thing. But I enjoy my Savage a lot. I agree whit you to have at lease two rigs.

My current stable is 7. Savage X, 2 2wd Stampedes, a Duratrax Evader EXT2, Mini Revo, Revo 3.3, and a CEN Matrix Arena TR that's Castle powered. oh and most of another Revo 3.3 in a box

well my addiction will stay on 2 Savages thats for sure.. if nit I will have serious problem with my wife ...
And you know .. wife happy ... life happy

I would hate to tell you how many r/c cars trucks etc that I have.... suffice to say is in the 40 some range....
Nitro by far are my faves.... but I have many electrics also....

First loves are my ClodBusters, I have 2 heavy on the mods... 1 Tamiya Terra Crusher heavily modded
1 XTM MMT with an OFNA .32
1 Savage X with a .32 axial, (just got it a couple years back) 1 T Maxx 2.5 also heavily modded
1 XTM 1/8 buggy My Old Kyosho USA1 Nitro Crusher An RC 10 GT with a trx 2.5 an IRC 1/18 nitro Buggy caz it was too cool looking, an E MAXX that has many mods on it, thats it for most of my favorites that get run alot....
My wife says I am addicted to them, guess she is correct... :lmao:

Not exactly all done today, but I installed a flm servo plate, and servo mounts to relocate the servo and batteries on my flux xl, I removed the factory body mounts, cut foam for the new mounts and replaced the front wheel axles and dog bones after a nut stripped.

Since you guys mentioned rc stables, I have way to many for only being 25. Savage flux xl, sc10gt, ntc3 v2, tc4, Xray t3, 2 scx10s, 2 losi mini Sct, a super rs4, and a wr8 flux. Also just added a proline pro2 sc that I may convert to mt. I may be forgetting some

As far as a stable, I only have 2.....for now. I would have to heavily agree that you should have at least 2. I have a Savage 25 that a lot of you know hasn't run just yet, and I have a Cen Matrix Arena TR. Both are pretty much stock....for now. For right now I'm just fixing things that are broken. I do have my eye on some new pipes and of course a new LRP, but as someone else said I'm not sure I can justify that expense to the wife right now. I should get my new rims and tires in today for the Savage 25 and some new axle ends to get rid of half of them having reverse threads. I recently swapped out the carbs as the one that came on it was locked up and wouldn't "balloon". Previously I had to reverse my steering servo as it was mounted backward when I bought it, replace a receiver humpback battery, put a servo horn (saver) and a steering link to attach to my bell crank, and replace the receiver and radio with a FlySky gt-3b. I also had to install a dogbone in the front left side as it was missing when I bought the truck as well. I think that's about all I've swapped out to this point. With all that being said I've gotten the engine started, but it didn't go anywhere as the carb was locked tight. Hoping to have time this weekend to see if I can get it out and run it.

I have a "mongrel" 4.6 (started life as a 25), a 4.6X, an Octane, an e-Savage, a 21 & X that I have broken for spares plus enough spares to build another savage. I will not add the 6 nitro Rush's I have for my son to use.......

Perhaps us "addicts" should form a sub group. I will start.......

"Hello, my name is Paul and I am an HPI Savage addict......."

Hello. I'm Mike, everyone calls me Rooky. I do not, I repeat DO NOT have an RC problem. Admitting you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery, and that's a road I have no intention of setting foot on. :ercm::guitarplay:

Hello. I'm Mike, everyone calls me Rooky. I do not, I repeat DO NOT have an RC problem. Admitting you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery, and that's a road I have no intention of setting foot on. :ercm::guitarplay:

Too bad you can only rate that with one rating. I wanted to label it funny, agree, and so on.

Wow.. one of my breaks disk "break" in two parts... I need to find out how to repair it. Suddenly my rig won`t stop. And i find out one of the disk break in two half. Any of you have the same experience?
Here some pics...

Any instruction how to replace the disks? i never did it before!!!

RPM center skid will protect them. I busted one of those on my old savage and when I got the X, the RPM center skid was one of the first things I did to it.

I've had the single disk, metal disk and the 2 pink disks. I like the 2 pink ones the best. Good bite, but not overly harsh. The metal ones liked to bind after they got some wear on them.

Does anyone have any ideas or mods for hill climbing?
I love climbing big hills buy if I'm not going real slow the front wheels pop up and it rolls backwards. It easily has the power, just not the weight balance.

Now that I think about it my x is running low CG tips. Not sure who made them but they are out there. I thought I wanted to race it but the weight penalty racing anything but another savage canned that idea.

Put on a different tank and was finally able to get it to run well.
2016-0603-SavageX-OFNA19076Tank.jpg

I finally have enough strength in my arm after shattering my elbow in November..
So I am rebuilding my Savage. FLM extended lcg, IRC super strength dogbone, and a super 5SC center diff in my nitro savage.
Modded LRP Z. 32 spec 2.

Latest posts

Members online

Back