Premium members don't see ads. Clickhereto upgrade.

What did you do to your HPI Savage today?

Chris Down

We have this as a sticky on my S-10 forum...Jus thought it would be cool to have a thread here and see where it goes since we are constantly makin mods,bashing and racing daily.

Today I:
Installed Venom fail-safe
Batt level indicator
New shock oil
Fuel filter
RPM wheels
Took the engine out ready for a Robinson Racing clutch bell to match the RR slipper clutch already fitted. It seems silly not to do both as a matching pair!

Biddie_fiddler

Took the big rig out after replacing the bent shock and broken sway bar mounts. Manged to rip a tyre, never done that before!! These haven't even started wearing out yet! The rubber is very thin on these so I might have to look into a better tyre setup. 🤔😥

20191203_181025.jpg

Biddie_fiddler

Yea I'm not gonna lie, I was a bit disappointed with their performance. Was a bit slippery on the dirt jumps but at the same time grippy? if that makes any sense at all 😂

When I brake, they're awesome, when I give it gas they suck. Seem to do well in the corners so long as I'm not on throttle 😛

Skye Kaptain

I took out the converted Savage x,found a lot of the weak spots runnning on3,4, 6s burn up my first motor, so far it drives and handles better than the XL I have.

mess1ah1

Put a tank (300cc) of fuel through it just doing easy, nothing over half throttle driving. It makes me wonder why I ever put these trucks away for so long.