suspension conversion kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give it til tom. then email him if they don't show up by then. It was roughly 5 days shipping time for mine to be delivered, not counting sunday. He sent mine out on weds. and I had it monday. I'd say wait until tom. afternoon, and then if it doesn't show up, email him.

D-day has arrived! Most of the parts look really good. Some of them do look a little rough...literally. Also a few spots I could see the red anodize that didnt get changed to black.
Overall aside from the wait time I AM happy. Would I consider the parts to look o.e.m.? NO. But I aint building a shelf queen so I am pretty sure this is gonna look sick on the bmx track or the street or yard or wherever. If you must have perfection then look elsewhere. But for the $ and a basher I say go for it! They have a flat black finish. Also not sure but I did have some new parts mixed in that hadnt been installed that seemed (may just be imagination) to turn out a little better. ie the 17 mm hubs. I got a few of the stock parts done that I wont be using...so if anyone would like me to mail them one to inspect I will gladly do so.
DSCN1221.jpg

DSCN1222.jpg

DSCN1223.jpg

DSCN1229.jpg

DSCN1230.jpg

Amazing... looks really good! Something i will eventually have to get done! Nice1

looks good!!! thanks for sharing...

ooo I'm going to have to send him an email with the parts i want done.

yea... i had to also shave a part of the a arm... The original mounting position for a second shock... Other than that... thats it... This is the reason why you cant run 4 shocks on the front with this mod...

It will work with LST as long as the shock is on the front of the a arm. don't see why it wouldnt work with the X mounts

What mods besides shaving the front knuckles are required for the RSC to do its job(V1)?

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=160361&postcount=21

Will it work with LST shocks and IRC X mounts?

Yes, trimming the steering stop on the front knuckles is the only mod that's needed to be done for it to work as intended, or, just like the first original version of the RSC with 2 tie-rod mounting holes. The only other mods that need to be done to use the RSC is what's mentioned in the instructions that come with the RSC. With a dremel and a steady hand, only takes a matter of minutes to trim what's needed on the bulks, towers, and lower a-arms. The steering knuckles take a bit more time so you get them to have an even throw and so you don't take too much off and run the risk of the dogbone popping out. As far as use with LST shocks and the IRC mounts, it should work. I'm gonna be usin the same, but haven't had a chance to get them mounted and test fitted yet. Hope this helps.

I am re installing rsc and have lost my instructions! If anyone can find a link (i cant) or has some they can scan for my I would greatly appreciate it.

So accusing my wife of throwing them away wasnt the best idea...but she did show me where they were....in MY chair!

there was a way to deanodize but i cant remember what it was?
like brake fluid, or something more corrosive? been awhile since i seen that how-to article?

there was a way to deanodize but i cant remember what it was?
like brake fluid, or something more corrosive? been awhile since i seen that how-to article?

Drain-O does this but like Bank stated in one of the very first post the Anodizing is kind of a hard sruface finnish. It also keeps the Aluminum from corroding and so on.

I think easy off oven cleaner de andodizes also.
Don't know exactly what I did wrong but I definitely did something wrong with the install...when I hook up the upper arm assembly and the steering rod on both sides it wont turn? IDK maybe I need to take it apart and start over. It is probably something simple, but I am getting irritated and everything looks right. Normally after the first time I install something and tear it apart I don't have any issues re-installing. Just had to walk away from it today. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions? It wasn't turning very sharp after the first install either but this is zero turn. The only other thing I have done was install bearings to replace the plastic bushings, so I can't imagine what I did there that would make any difference.

I think easy off oven cleaner de andodizes also.
Don't know exactly what I did wrong but I definitely did something wrong with the install...when I hook up the upper arm assembly and the steering rod on both sides it wont turn? IDK maybe I need to take it apart and start over. It is probably something simple, but I am getting irritated and everything looks right. Normally after the first time I install something and tear it apart I don't have any issues re-installing. Just had to walk away from it today. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions? It wasn't turning very sharp after the first install either but this is zero turn. The only other thing I have done was install bearings to replace the plastic bushings, so I can't imagine what I did there that would make any difference.

Pics for help would be a plus. But, check the screws that go into the top of the steering post. Sometimes if you tighten them to much, the steering won't move. Happened to me a couple times.

i will try to get some pics up. but the steering post turn fine when they arent attatched to the upper arm or steering link...or if just one is attatched. idk

i will try to get some pics up. but the steering post turn fine when they arent attatched to the upper arm or steering link...or if just one is attatched. idk

Are you using the plastic stock arms? If so you got the bolt to tight on the crank. Also to make the turn radius work with the RSC you have to modify the plastic crank coming off the servo saver. I have it posted the mod in #189 Joseph Paul build thread of how i did it.

Are you using the plastic stock arms? If so you got the bolt to tight on the crank. Also to make the turn radius work with the RSC you have to modify the plastic crank coming off the servo saver. I have it posted the mod in #189 Joseph Paul build thread of how i did it.

Looks like you may have found my solution! I didnt have time to work on it today being Mothers Day and all but my wife is out of town Tuesday night...so I have all night to work on it. Thanks for the info. Great build thread to btw.

Pics for help would be a plus. But, check the screws that go into the top of the steering post. Sometimes if you tighten them to much, the steering won't move. Happened to me a couple times.

Finally got a chance to work on this...this was the problem...but now I have a new one. The rear end is sagging? If I push down it just drops the rear almost to the point of dragging. I'm sure I am overlooking something just not seeing it. Maybe tomorrow I will have a fresh set of eyeballs on it.

take the shocks off the rear end.
check to make sure both arms move freely both up & down.

Make sure all x4 shocks move as they should.

Install shox back onto the truck.
Make sure again, Both arms in the rear move as they should.

If its still sagging.....Stiffer springs and/or preload spacers
If not....Problem solved.

green/red hpisf

....i should probably post this in the "you might be a noob if..." I figured it was something ignorant and it was for sure. #1 I lost some preload spacers somehow. #2 (the kicker) After replacing the rear bulk I put the shock tower on wrong...I noticed something wasn't right but I was so tired I guess I just didn't see it! Too funny!

Well after spending a lot of time installing and tweaking on the RSC I don't like it...Ive invested so much time installing , reinstalling, anodizing, grinding etc. It still turns like a tank. On the BMX track it does OK. But I miss the turning radius I had when stock. I don't know if I should just put the stock back on front and leave the rear. Or just scrap it and sell it and go back to stock? On top of that I toasted my 3s today. I guess you do get what you pay for. Just glad I caught it. Truck seemed a little sluggish and I pulled first LiPo and it was cool but seemed a little puffy, second one was very hot and had a little stream of smoke comeing out of it. (FlightMax Zippy)

Latest posts

Members online

Back