suspension conversion kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whats the word? i sent mine priority monday morning. asked the guy for email to lmk status when he got them and when he expected to return them and haven't got a response yet

I got email reply from him and he's been out of town with a family emergency. He's gonna get mine done tom and shipped out tues. I'll let you when I get them back.

just got same email...I'm gettin antsy I need it back together by the weekend

I hear ya. It may be even longer for me. I might have to get a new motor for mine. Have to take the motor apart and investicate it still. If i do, ERCM Picco comin, wife already said i can spend some of the tax return on it. woo hoo.

Yeah, we still have a couple grand left from the first time home buyers tax credit ($8,000). My wife said I can get the Picco if I really want it. I do, but I haven't decided yet, it all depends on how much it's gonna cost to get my laptop fixed or upgraded. Also, I got an email from Ryan (RT Race shop) about my parts. He said they came out really good and that I'm gonna be very pleased. He shipped them out on Wed. so hopefully I'll have them either today or tom. Monday at the latest. I'll post pics once I get them back. I'll post them here and in my build thread.

He told me sunday that he was gonna run mine monday and ship tuesday. they arent here yet. I am going to be really disappointed if they don't come sat. because this is my last weekend I will be able to bash for a few weeks!

bad news on my andoizing

just checked my email and had this in it-

How is it going. I ran your parts four times yesterday and could not get the aluminum (not sure of the type) to take the dye and look like a bright, vibrant Red. Our Red dye is very, very good and always turns out a bright clear color. For some reason on this aluminum type it turns to more of a maroon/red wine color. I left them alone and they are this color now, I can send it to you like this to see if you like it or I could try a different color. I have done these Revo's before but they have all been black and they turn out great. Actually just did one last week for a guy in Florida, looked very nice.

You tell me what you would like me to do and I will take care of you. If you want the parts back to look at, and decide you don't like it you can send them back and I will do them in a different color (of coarse at no charge), but to be honest I don't really like the color and doubt you will either. Your call bud, just let me know what you want me to do!

Later,
Ryan

Now I don't know what I should do. my tvps are a bright red....so I doubt this maroon will look decent. So what color should I go with. Black, Green ?

Is red your fav color? What color is the body you have? I would say either black or blue would look good with the red. Give me some ideas to work with and I'll help you out the best I can. And the guy he was talkin about with the black color choice and in Fl is me. LMK and I'll help the best I can.

Also, at least he being honest and workin with you about this. Some other places would probably just send it back to you as is and say " this is what you paid for and this is what you get" type of deal. It's nice to know that if he isn't satisfied with the color after it's done, he's gonna do his best to get it right. He treats his customers parts as if they were his own.

Thats pretty much what I told him...I still wanted to see a pic of the color but I trusted his judgement and if he didnt like it I am sure I wouldnt either. I guess I will be going black....just gonna have to order some black tvps now. kind of strange that the color wouldnt work with hpi aluminum.

Thats pretty much what I told him...I still wanted to see a pic of the color but I trusted his judgement and if he didnt like it I am sure I wouldnt either. I guess I will be going black....just gonna have to order some black tvps now. kind of strange that the color wouldnt work with hpi aluminum.

I'd say just leave the TVPs red as you have. Havin the RSC done in black would still look good with the red TVPs. Besides, you won't be able to see most of it anyways due to the fact that it'll be hidden by the rims/tires. Just my opinion, but it's your truck and your look that your goin for.

He maybe havin the color problem because it's already anodized purple. I'm not sure if he removes the purple before redoing the color or not. That might be the reason as to why it's not turnin out right. It's just a thought and maybe you could ask him. When he usually does red and it turns out right, it maybe because he's anodizing raw uncolored or polished alum. Just a thought.

Gofast, just got home and had nice little surprize box sittin in my mailbox. Got my parts back from RT Race Shop. Already looked at them and all I can say is wow. I'll post pics in a little bit or later on this afternoon or evening.

even though this is gofast's thread, he is allowing me to post pics of the parts that I had done by the same guy. So, here they are...

106_1027.jpg

106_1028.jpg

106_1029.jpg

yeah prob on the truck your right.. i think I'm gonna go for a matte finish if i do this.. I dunno looks kinda spray painted to me.

Yeah. It might have to be one of those things that you have to see in person.

I hope it turned out like xtreme wanted it to.

i think so...it prolly doesnt translate in a picture. Hope so. I am sure its not gonna be o.e.m. quality anytime you re anodize something as well. I don't know this is first time I ve had it done too. I will post my before and after pics as soon as mr. postman is kind enough to bring me my loot!

its not as nice as i thought it was gonna be.

Jr, the pictures really don't give it any justice. It's not as glossy as you think judging by the pics. Once they are wiped down, they have more a flat color finish to them.

yeah prob on the truck your right.. i think I'm gonna go for a matte finish if i do this.. I dunno looks kinda spray painted to me.

If they were spray painted, then when I dropped 2 of the braces from about 5ft. in the air and they bounced all around on the concrete floor of my garage, the paint would have chipped and scratched. But, they didn't, you couldn't even tell I dropped them.

Yeah. It might have to be one of those things that you have to see in person.

I hope it turned out like xtreme wanted it to.

gnar, you are right. It is one of those things you have to see in person.

Jr, the pictures really don't give it any justice. It's not as glossy as you think judging by the pics. Once they are wiped down, they have more a flat color finish to them.

If they were spray painted, then when I dropped 2 of the braces from about 5ft. in the air and they bounced all around on the concrete floor of my garage, the paint would have chipped and scratched. But, they didn't, you couldn't even tell I dropped them.

gnar, you are right. It is one of those things you have to see in person.

I'm sure man... can't wait to see them mounted.

hpisavageforum stickers have been clinically proven to make you faster also

Latest posts

Members online

Back