suspension conversion kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't mind my askin, how much are they charging you to have the parts anodized? I didn't find any shops where I live, so sending them out is my only option. LMK

Also, on a side question, for the gurus out there, what would be better for durability, anodizing or powder coating? Not tryin to jack your thread gofast, but didn't want to waste site space by starting another thread since you've already got this started.

i was wondering the same thing about powder-coating

back when i actually had communication with him it sounded like everything but really small items like washers and such...seems like a good deal...i got my suspension kit and 17mm hubs all boxed up with no where to go! I am hoping he is just on vacation or something

Found out anything else yet. I sent them an email on Friday or Saturday asking for a price to do the RSC and a motor mount and i got a response back the same day or the next. The total he gave was $30 including shipping. If you haven't paid or shipped them out yet, you might wanna try contacting them again. I think the prices they have listed on their site are based off of a full car/truck anodizing, like, chassis, shocks, braces, and all alum. parts for a whole/complete car and not just a few parts from a kit. Like I said, you might wanna double check. Just a heads up.

weird i guess he got tired of me emailing him. I still haven't got a response. last time he responded he said the website was having trouble with paypal. how are you going to pay?

weird i guess he got tired of me emailing him. I still haven't got a response. last time he responded he said the website was having trouble with paypal. how are you going to pay?

Paypal is how I was gonna pay. It won't be until Monday or next Friday that I'll be able to do it. I still have to mod the steering knuckles first before I send it out. Plus, I've still got a few more parts I need to add in. I'm gonna recontact him this weekend with a full list of what parts I want done along with a pic so I can get an acurate price to have it done. I'll keep you posted.

gofast, are you still gonna have the RSC re-anodized? If so, like I said, try contacting him again and try to send a pic of what all you want done. I sent him an email this morning w/ a pic showing everything I want done and the price he gave me was $30 +$10 for return shipping= $40 total. I'm having the RSC (steering knuckles, knuckle carriers, rear hubs, upper arm braces, all the RSC spacers, Nova motor mount, and 3 TVP cross braces done. I think it's a pretty good price. And he said the color I'm having done, he uses that color all the time so it'll be a real quick turn around time. I'll keep you posted and you keep me posted on what your doin and we'll compare work quality.

don't know how I can be any nicer in email. wish they had a phone #

I hope you didn't take it the wrong way when I said about talking nice in the email. I know some people tend to word things the wrong way and it's actually not a bad letter or what ever. I'm sure with them being a business they have a number. You might be able to look the number up in the yellow pages or something using their address. i'll give it a try and see what happens. LMK

I gave up and started my install last night...ha took me two hours to do the back! I am disappointed it didnt work out i really wanted something different than purple. But no way am i going to take off and reinstall to do it! I am a little ****ed i bought all the other anodized parts to send ( i didnt want to be without flux while I waited) I also wouldnt have bought red tvps! Oh well best of luck to you. I still have no idea why he didnt want to deal with me....and no offense was taken btw

I gave up and started my install last night...ha took me two hours to do the back! I am disappointed it didnt work out i really wanted something different than purple. But no way am i going to take off and reinstall to do it! I am a little ****ed i bought all the other anodized parts to send ( i didnt want to be without flux while I waited) I also wouldnt have bought red tvps! Oh well best of luck to you. I still have no idea why he didnt want to deal with me....and no offense was taken btw

I don't know either, he seemed like a nice guy the couple times he responded. I can understand the feeling about not wanting to be without your savvy while waiting for the parts to be done. I've been without a driveable savvy for the past6-7 months. Hopefully I'll be done with the rebuild soon since it's starting to get warm out again. I'll keep you posted.

any updates? I FINALLY got mine installed yesterday...15 minutes later i broke bulk and something in the diff! I was too frustrated to look. I still am going to shave some off because the turning radius sucks big time! I think I have the old rsc. tracks straight as an arrow though

any updates? I FINALLY got mine installed yesterday...15 minutes later i broke bulk and something in the diff! I was too frustrated to look. I still am going to shave some off because the turning radius sucks big time! I think I have the old rsc. tracks straight as an arrow though

The old RSC has two holes in the steering knuckle where you mount the tie-rod. The newer version only has one. Seeing as how you said your turning radius sux, you probably have the new one. I modded mine this past friday night and posted pics in my buils thread. Here's a link...

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14216

pics are on the last page if you don't feel like looking at the rest of the pics for the parts I'm using. Hope this helps.

i got two holes and it turns like a stretch limo or a school bus...u get your parts sent off for anodizing yet?

Yeah you've got the old version/ first version. Your best bet with help with that one is to hit up Bankrupter for help. Either send him a PM or look for him in the shoutbox. I'll hopefully be sending them out on Friday to get anodized. If not, it'll be first thing Sat. morning. I'll post pics in my thread when the parts get back. I'll also let you know when I get them back too.

xtreme- you arent gonna believe this but i found emails that they sent me about the andoizing! he emailed me back every time!!!! for some crazy reason it was going into a saved file instead of my regular inbox...also got a better quote $40 shipped! Now I just have to tear it all back apart ....grrrrr

any one know the part number for the Hub "pins" and clips for the RSC kit? the stock HPI black flange pins are to long....

xtreme- you arent gonna believe this but i found emails that they sent me about the andoizing! he emailed me back every time!!!! for some crazy reason it was going into a saved file instead of my regular inbox...also got a better quote $40 shipped! Now I just have to tear it all back apart ....grrrrr

That's funny. I did think it was kinda odd that you weren't getting any responses from him. Now you know. Didn't get a chance to send it out today, but will tom. morning.

yeah me too i feel like a moron....he even called me but I probobly didnt answer because out of area...and i don't have voice mail set up...hate it! i just hate the idea of tearing it all apart and putting it back together...but I cracked the bulk anyway so i had to take some off anyway...i just need to grind on them some this weekend and hopefully improve the steering before i send them off.

gofast. I finally got my parts in the mail today. They should be there by Mon., Tues. at the latest. After I got back home, I realized I forgot to get another part out of my work bench and send too. I emailed him and told him and asked what the price difference would be and he said no charge, just send it. Seems like a real nice guy to do business with. Now i can't wait until I get them back.

Members online

Back