Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah tell me about it those were suppose to be "bullet proof" and Super Heavy duty bones might have to find some titanium ones, lol oh well brakes happen just wish i could get through a set of batteries before it happens.

Hey Shark, is that an actual Flux, or a conversion? Are you using the Flux bulks? (HPI #102272) If you're using the bulks that came with the X or XL, they look the same, but they don't use the stronger composite plastic that the Flux uses. The composite Flux bulks are more resistant to flexing, which may be what killed your BP gear.

I did the same thing with my FR axle twisted and snapped a the ball. For the longest time I was wondering with it pulled to the right when I was hard on the throttle HAHA

Just goes to show how long it's been since I've ran the savvy and it's taken a beating. Anyways, here's a link to a more full description of what happened.

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14216&page=12 Read post #113

Here's the short version. Tank basically runnin on fumes, took off and torque steered to the right (or spun out in loose dirt/leaves) and ended up under the front right tire of a VW Jetta. The car was actually sittin on top of the savvy. Only damaged part that actually needs replaced is the tank. And one of the shocks cap popped off and that's just a matter of cleanin off the dirt and refilling. Damage wasn't to bad considering a car was drove onto and sat on the savvy. IRC products are tough, I have proof now. Anyways, enough of the blabbin, onto the pics.

Tank
106_1195.JPG

Here you can see where the tank mount broke.
106_1196.JPG

Just a pic of the shock. I already took the main part of the shock off to drain the shock oil and haven't removed the cap yet.
106_1197.JPG

Enjoy....And the only other down side is that I now have to redo all the other shocks cuz I can't remember what wt shock oil I used. :Mr.confused::cussing:

Broke a pullstart spring last weekend which ended the night. What sux even more is that I was only able to get 1 tank in. Already got a replacement on the way. Also, when the savvy got ran over/parked on last year in May resulting in a broken tank and popped shock top, 1 of the front rims got smashed and ovaled out. The rim also had small splits where it bent. Already got new tires and rims on. I had a pair of replacement rims, just had to find a online shop that still had the Pro-line 3.2" Badlands in stock, which I got lucky and found one.

I was runnin the XS one day last week at work while on lunch. Within 5 min of startin to run, I blew out the front right tire. And, I was only runnin it on 2s. Already got new ones on the way.

106_1236.JPG

Enjoy!!!

Ran the XS again yest. My buddy came over yest afternoon to run his Cen GST 7.7 since we/I just finished up gettin a BB .28 (Picco P3) custom mounted. After he was done testin out his GST, I ran the XS. Did a few speed runs up and down the street and on the last one, something didn't sounds right. So I brought the truck back to me and the closer it got to me the slower it moved. Me first thought was the slipper some how came loose. While lookin at the trans and bumpin the throttle, I could see the outdrives tryin to turn and heard the motor just free spinnin. Low and behold, completely stripped the pinion gear. Here's the pics.

Pic of inside the trans case of all the metal shavings.
106_1275.JPG

Side view of pinion gear.
106_1276.JPG

Front 3/4 angle view.
106_1277.JPG

Ok lets see some carnage
this thing has only 4 packs ran through it lol
DSCN0288_zps6af7f000.jpg

DSCN0291_zps452f3225.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Intentionally destroying a new RC, sounds like money well spent........money man:pannedout:

Didn't notice there was a thread for this. lol

Broke my flux shortly after I got it last year, busted battery tray mount and ripped a ball end apart in the upper a-arm link:
2017-0807-SavageFlux01.jpg

After that, snapped a diff case in half:
2017-0811-SavageFlux-CrackedDiffCase01.jpg

I knew I lost a screw somewhere... shows you how tough the BP diffs are:
2017-0811-SavageFlux-CrackedDiffCase-Screw01.jpg

Not long after, snapped an LST shock cap on it:
2017-0812-SavageFlux-BrokenLSTShock.jpg

Pinion got noisy, replaced with RRP:
2017-0818-SavageFlux-WornPinion.jpg

Ended up ditching the LST shocks, but kept busting shock ends here:
2017-0916-SavageFlux-ShockEndBreakSpot.jpg

Broke 3 ends in one day...
2017-0820-SavageFlux-BrokenShockEnd02.jpg

2017-0820-SavageFlux-BrokenShockEnd03.jpg

2017-0820-SavageFlux-BrokenShockEnd.jpg

The next weekend, hit a steel pole in mid-flight and bent a super HD bone:
2017-0826-SavageFlux-BentSHDBone.jpg

Hard landing on pavement... didn't think I was on power, but I guess I was:
2017-0917-SavageFluxBrokenPinion.jpg

Landed from about 12 feet up right on a curb on my center skid, kind of buckled it and jammed it up in between the TVP's a bit:
2018-0313-SavageFlux-BuckledCenterSkid02.jpg

Tried modifying a tie-rod end... really wish I had a drill press as it ended up crooked. I think I'm still running with it though:
2018-0310-SavageFlux-TierodEndRight-ShockEndsLeft.jpg

Tierod end on the left, normal shock end on the right:
2018-0310-SavageFlux-TierodEndLeft-ShockEndRight.jpg

Also snapped an XL axle end off at the threads on an off kilter landing, ended up modifying some awful 30mm extension/17mm hubs that came with the truck to use instead of the standard HPI 17mm hubs and flanged wheel nuts:
2018-0402-SavageFlux-Hubs-OnTruckEnd.jpg

I know I also split the front bumper in twain as well as the front lower hinge pin support and snapped a hinge pin. Also snapped an LST shock shaft.

That's 8 months in the life of my Flux. I'm sure I missed a few things... This year should hopefully be less eventfull as I've lighted up my shock oil some, added rubber grommets behind my front bumper to absorb lawn dart landings better as well as installed a rear t-bone skid/wheelie bar. I also got rid of the "performance handling kit" and went back to stock X upper arms/hinge pin braces.

Last edited:
Olds97, Nice list of damages. If your interested in still runnin the LST shocks, I've got a full set with optional springs that I'm not usin. Only used a few times with minimal jumps.

Olds97, Nice list of damages. If your interested in still runnin the LST shocks, I've got a full set with optional springs that I'm not usin. Only used a few times with minimal jumps.
I have fixed my shocks and put them in a drawer with RC Raven springs on them and I think lighter oil. I think if I try and run them again, I'll get the X arms and install the IRC conversion kit I won on here or RCNT a few years back. My flux currently has RPM arms on it as that's what it came with. I've since replaced the upper arms and carriers that came on it (the 'performance' suspension kit) with normal integy ones on the rear, stock arms on the top and stock carriers/hubs on the front. So now, it's just a matter of getting 4 lower stock arms and installing the kit.

Will see how summer goes with the setup I have now. If I continue to have issues, then I'll go through the effort of doing it right. Before, I was just trying to use extensions and spacers I had to put the LST shocks on the RPM arms. With as far as they need to stick out on the bottom, I don't know how you can get away with 3mm bolts holding them on, which means I'd have to drill out the pillow balls for 4mm and the arms as well. Or see how the IRC X kit mounts up as I don't want my next issue being snapping bolts off every time I run it. I had that issue enough when I had an LST and went to 4mm on it on top, but the bottoms weren't spaced out like you need to on the savage.

Broke my flux shortly after I got it last year, busted battery tray mount and ripped a ball end apart in the upper a-arm link:
2017-0807-SavageFlux01.jpg

After that, snapped a diff case in half:
2017-0811-SavageFlux-CrackedDiffCase01.jpg

I knew I lost a screw somewhere... shows you how tough the BP diffs are:
2017-0811-SavageFlux-CrackedDiffCase-Screw01.jpg

Not long after, snapped an LST shock cap on it:
2017-0812-SavageFlux-BrokenLSTShock.jpg

Pinion got noisy, replaced with RRP:
2017-0818-SavageFlux-WornPinion.jpg

Ended up ditching the LST shocks, but kept busting shock ends here:
2017-0916-SavageFlux-ShockEndBreakSpot.jpg

Broke 3 ends in one day...
2017-0820-SavageFlux-BrokenShockEnd02.jpg

2017-0820-SavageFlux-BrokenShockEnd03.jpg

2017-0820-SavageFlux-BrokenShockEnd.jpg

The next weekend, hit a steel pole in mid-flight and bent a super HD bone:
2017-0826-SavageFlux-BentSHDBone.jpg

Hard landing on pavement... didn't think I was on power, but I guess I was:
2017-0917-SavageFluxBrokenPinion.jpg

Landed from about 12 feet up right on a curb on my center skid, kind of buckled it and jammed it up in between the TVP's a bit:
2018-0313-SavageFlux-BuckledCenterSkid02.jpg

Tried modifying a tie-rod end... really wish I had a drill press as it ended up crooked. I think I'm still running with it though:
2018-0310-SavageFlux-TierodEndRight-ShockEndsLeft.jpg

Tierod end on the left, normal shock end on the right:
2018-0310-SavageFlux-TierodEndLeft-ShockEndRight.jpg

Also snapped an XL axle end off at the threads on an off kilter landing, ended up modifying some awful 30mm extension/17mm hubs that came with the truck to use instead of the standard HPI 17mm hubs and flanged wheel nuts:
2018-0402-SavageFlux-Hubs-OnTruckEnd.jpg

I know I also split the front bumper in twain as well as the front lower hinge pin support and snapped a hinge pin. Also snapped an LST shock shaft.

That's 8 months in the life of my Flux. I'm sure I missed a few things... This year should hopefully be less eventfull as I've lighted up my shock oil some, added rubber grommets behind my front bumper to absorb lawn dart landings better as well as installed a rear t-bone skid/wheelie bar. I also got rid of the "performance handling kit" and went back to stock X upper arms/hinge pin braces.[/QUOTE]

Eight Months of Carnage WOW ,

Latest posts

Members online

Back