Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well maybe the roll was worse then it looked cause it wasn't violante or anything, but thats true stuff just breaks sometimes hard to explain why thats why you upgrade when you can so hopefully it doesn't happen again.

where you get the rims and whats the name

Took my Flux out on Monday to a local BMX track...I got about ten minutes of play before I overshot a jump and landed badly...

Hit right on the rear shock tower and smashed it, breaking the right upper shock bolt and tearing the nylon of the mount, and bending the right shock shaft. The left sock shaft broke just above the lower ball joint. The whole tower took on a permanent 10* bend towards the front... pretty nasty.

0329010259.jpg

nice carnage. i'm gonna go out on a limb and rep you for this damage because all the expensive stuff is in tact. wish i was at the bash :10:

seems like the flux is to powerful and not very durable. everytime i take it out something breaks even if I'm not being hard on it.

its kind of depressing haha

It's plenty durable, you just have to get used to all that oomph. I beat the SNOT out of mine, and the the only thing that I consistently break is rear knuckles, where the tie-rod ball is. But I just installed Integy hub carriers so no more worries there. Aside from that, I replace an arm every couple of weeks,and that's about it. Oh, and shock shafts....oi...

I keep snapping axles, and my rear differential. I went through 2 axles and 2 rear differentials today. seems like everytime my truck lands a little sideways the axle snaps and causes binding in my diff.

Looks like the dog bone is slamming into the diff cup and pushing it upwards and putting it out of round, within 5 minutes of being out of round it starts chewing up the internals of the diff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something is NOT right with that. You shouldn't be breaking Flux axles at all. Maybe bending one in a really hideous wreck, but not breaking them. As to the diffs, are you using the BulletProof diffs and Flux bulks?

Is your truck an actual Flux, or a conversion?

started off as an XL so i'm using the XL axles.

the diffs are the flux diffs, I do believe the xl also uses the same ones.

Only thing i can think of is my tires are to big and heavy.

I'm gonna order some badlands with 1/2" offset wheels and see if that helps any.

running the trenchers with zero offset wheels and they are just causing problems. they did work nice when it was an XL tho

Already replaced with stock.

Basher, you need to get the BulletProof diffs from HPI, they're much tougher than what came in the XL or the first run of the Flux. They're the new standard equipment on the Flux, in fact. You also should order the bulks that come with the Flux. They LOOK the same as the X/XL bulks, but they use a stiffer, stronger composite than the regular bulks.

The XL already uses the same axle shafts and cups, so you're good there, once you get the bulks and diffs taken care of.

I think you're still in the throttle when you land, honestly. The tires could have something to do it, since they'll increase the torque hitting the diffs when you land in the throttle, but I'd bet just watching your finger will reduce your breakage.

well i swapped the tires to some softer ones to help the impact and it worked. took it out today for about 2 hours and only thing i snapped was a shock.

well i decided to go out and jump my flux xl today and it started off good till i wanted to record some video thats when things went wrong first to break is an Super HD rear dog bone.

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0042.jpg

bent it as well no big deal just bought a spare set off ebay for like 17 bucks set of 4 so i put it in there ate some lunch went out again tried doing some recording and then this happend (this is a "Bullet Proof" gear mind you)

IMAG0043.jpg

man this sucks if its not the back its the front snapped off 3 teeth, broke a pin in the rear the other day in 3 pieces just not having any luck lol.

man the flux's torque is sure hard on the drivetrain isnt it? it seems it has almost to much power for the standard parts to withstand!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back