Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nearly ripped the front left arm off this weekend. Landed in soft dirt from about 6 feet up. Instead of bouncing off the ground and continuing forward, it dug in like a lawn dart.

Bent hinge pin, split bumper, destroyed diff case, snapped front hinge pin brace, bent rear and a bent shock shaft. No busted shock end! WOO HOO!!! LOL!
2018-0422-SavageFlux-Damage03.jpg

2018-0422-SavageFlux-Damage02.jpg

2018-0422-SavageFlux-Damage01.jpg

See the crash here @47 seconds:
Savage Crash

Nice damage. Just came to mind. Since you have RPM arms, do keep an eye on them. I used to run them until I went through a couple that would get bad twists in them after some bad landings and curb hits. Just suggesting to keep an eye on them.

Nice damage. Just came to mind. Since you have RPM arms, do keep an eye on them. I used to run them until I went through a couple that would get bad twists in them after some bad landings and curb hits. Just suggesting to keep an eye on them.
It came with those. I have RPM on every rig I own except my savage-x. Never needed them. All my others are traxxas trucks... they need RPM. I think RPM arms are partly to blame for my shock end busting problems on my Flux. They twist too much on a hard landing which tries to fold the shock end over and it snaps off instead. So far, lighter oil seems to have helped that. But if I start having the issue again this year with the lighter oil, I'll replace them with stock X arms I have in a drawer. I bought a full set on ebay to replace the upper arms when I removed the HPI suspension conversion.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back