Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still amazing how the BP gears survived after the internals exploded like that!!!!

Well after a year and a half of some pretty hard running my flux came up limping and real noisy! Diffs are good but the trans had shredded metal everywhere. At first glace it looked ok(pic 1) But I knew better! Well pic 2 explains it all. Looks like I will have a spare soon!bad word

just got off the phone with LHS. It will be here friday. Wow they got a great price!! Thanks man!

well i was trying to finish up my mid-tank mod today and i noticed that the part of the servo saver (the part with the spring) was loose and wobbly so i took it apart and this was the result:

IMG_20100930_002932.jpg

I'm not sure as to how this happend but its weird and kind of irritating cause i just placed and order for stuff and now i have to wait for this to come, MAN its always something, lol.

well i was trying to finish up my mid-tank mod today and i noticed that the part of the servo saver (the part with the spring) was loose and wobbly so i took it apart and this was the result:

IMG_20100930_002932.jpg

I'm not sure as to how this happend but its weird and kind of irritating cause i just placed and order for stuff and now i have to wait for this to come, MAN its always something, lol.

Had the same thing happen to me, i kinda laughed when i seen it ..
There called steering posts BTW !

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDLG5&P=7

Take the tire off the rim and use CA glue to repair the tear in it. The repaired area will then be just as strong, if not stronger, then the rest of the tire.

When I break dog bones its usually from installing them (after a repair or maintenance) so they are being twisted the opposite direction then they are used to. I have 0 experience with 6S though so I might be way off.

As for the switch, I wonder why they even have one of those. I admit my LiPo experience so far has been limited to RC planes but in them a power switch is unheard of. Not only are they prone to damage or failure (like you discovered) but they are also a good way to cause a newb to leave his lipos attached to the truck and over discharge them. I will be disabling the power switch on my ESC first thing when I get it.

Yeah I'm going to order the "super HD" dog bones and the cups to go with them.

With the MMM they are the must. As far as the on/off they fail all on their own. So you may have only lost a week or two on that part ripping it up. You did what most do, on and done...

yeah i have the xl cups and bones now, but went back to nitro for a bit giving it a try again.

i just soldered the wires together after that now my on/off is plugging in/ unplugging my batteries.

thanks for the CA glue fix i will do that and fix them up.

bummer hopefully that luck willcome to ya :shocked:

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i have the xl cups and bones now, but went back to nitro for a bit giving it a try again.

i just soldered the wires together after that now my on/off is plugging in/ unplugging my batteries.

thanks for the CA glue fix i will do that and fix them up.

This is the way to make them perfect! Snap and upgrade. Your in good shape now.

that may be why you had the carnage because of the temps outside, things tend to break easier when there cold... Great vid!!!

P.S.. And i heard what you said when it slammed into your leg!! Naugthy boy!!! lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like cold damage to me. I did almost the exact same damage to mine the winter before last bashing at the gravel pit. I managed to snap the lower A arm pin in half too.

Great stuff! Aside from the tune being off a bit sounds/looks like a nice truck you have there.

just watched your vid again. truck rocks brandon.

Your LSN is too lean, the HSN sounds almost perfect. When the idle drops and then starts to climb it is the LSN that needs some tuning, your idle should come down a little when you richen it up as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Back