My New Savage X SS 5.9 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
didnt even notice that on the break cam.. gmmmm first time ive seen that .. has no reason to be there though . but hmmmm... maybe it was supposed to be on something else n the new guy at hpi was just slapping parts on?lol inspector # 3492.. your FIRED!!!!!! lol

dude i haven't even seen this thread till now ???? lol... nice job on it .. your using same knuckle and eliminators as i use love them never had issues with them in 2 years ...i seee the parma fasflourescent yellow paint .. its high lighter yellow isnt it huh? love that color.lol nice n bright .. is it what color your going with? or you going to throw down sime sick looking paint? cant wait to see it .. its coming along awesome...good job..

I am going to do a a flames scheme on the side of the turck. The flame tips will be Flourecent green faded to the flourecent yellow faded to white all the way in front of the truck. The back of the truck is going to be Faspearl Black. I am debating on doing a Monster "M" logo on the hood or not. It shoudl look sharp when finished.

I will be doing a FLM mid tank mod here in the future. I am waiting to see if I win the contest.

I am waiting on my all aluminum bead locks to come in. If I don't win the contest I will purchase the FLM parts and do a mid tank. I will have all the parts sent out for Dark Grey anodizing. I am not sure if I should send out all the purple parts also. I think the contrast will look fine, but who knows.

More to come when my engine is finsihed.

Bob

I have been reading about how the 5.9 is a pig. So I decided to port it.

Stock
833065-0-7416.jpg

Modified

833065-1-3785.jpg

833065-2-1226.jpg

He was refered to me from a person at my LHS, can't beat the $80. He is in Alabama and also has an add on RC universe.

I am going to do a a flames scheme on the side of the turck. The flame tips will be Flourecent green faded to the flourecent yellow faded to white all the way in front of the truck. The back of the truck is going to be Faspearl Black. I am debating on doing a Monster "M" logo on the hood or not. It shoudl look sharp when finished.

nice .... have you used the fas pearl black yet? you seen what it comes out yet? it has a gold color to it .. just was wondering so you know what to expect incase you haven't actually seen it yet .. my iron maiden dumptruck bed is pearl black,..i wish i woulda done it regular black or gun metal gray instead of the pearl.. .. just wanted to give you a heads up on the color incase it wasnt what you was hopeing for.. looks dirty to me ..lol but thats m.o lol

nice .... have you used the fas pearl black yet? you seen what it comes out yet? it has a gold color to it .. just was wondering so you know what to expect incase you haven't actually seen it yet .. my iron maiden dumptruck bed is pearl black,..i wish i woulda done it regular black or gun metal gray instead of the pearl.. .. just wanted to give you a heads up on the color incase it wasnt what you was hopeing for.. looks dirty to me ..lol but thats m.o lol

This is my first time airbrushing al together. Thanks for the heads up, what if you back it withe regular black? I wonder if you do a few light coats of the FASPERAL BLACK then back it with regular black.

ohhh... no once the pearl is on its there the black backer wont change the black pearl... it has a dirty rootbeer look to it .. kinda gold green mixed over black.. hard to explain .. but you might like it but it just wasnt right for me i kicked myself after doing it instead of black... need any hints or tips hit me up ..ive done a few lids and tried alot of different tricks to get effects out of the paint .. when you going to do it? if theres time ill airbrush a scrap pieve of lexan the black pearl n send it to you so you got an exact idea of what it looks like ..
let me know .. n pm me your addy..
if you want that is..

made you a fast sample of the pearl black.. against regular black backing . hard to take good pictures of brand new shiney lexan , but you get the idea... the skulls are the black pearl .. no tricks to it just flat out black pearl . and backed with fas black...
utf-8BSU1HMDA1ODEtMjAxMTAxMjMtMTIzNC5qcGc-1.jpg

made you a fast sample of the pearl black.. against regular black backing . hard to take good pictures of brand new shiney lexan , but you get the idea... the skulls are the black pearl .. no tricks to it just flat out black pearl . and backed with fas black...
utf-8BSU1HMDA1ODEtMjAxMTAxMjMtMTIzNC5qcGc-1.jpg

It looks good, but it doesn't look like what I'm going for. I will shoot some on some lexan and see. If I'm not digging it, I will get a black of different shade.

Bob

It looks good, but it doesn't look like what I'm going for. I will shoot some on some lexan and see. If I'm not digging it, I will get a black of different shade.

Bob
yeah it looks a lil on the gold side imo... theres a pearl charcole i haven't used it yet but I'm thinking of getting some to see what it actually looks like .. its the parma fascolor ..

I have to head back to my LHS on Tuesday when they get their paint supplies in. They were sold out of alot colors the other day. Either people have purchased new lids or cars over the holidays that need paint. It is unusual for them to be almost sold out of everything.

this is just me mocking up my servo and battery box for the FLM build that will take place in a week.

I wanted to add the battery and the rx in the same location to keep wires from going all over.

OFNA Part number 40541

IMG_1540.jpg

Full steering to the left and it doesn't touch.
IMG_1542.jpg

quick video

Did you order the flm, or waiting on the drawing? What tank you gonna run?

The tank is going to be an OFNA 250cc tank. Part number: Ofna 1/7 Fuel Tank OFN19504

I broke down today and order the FLM parts that I want. Ordered the XL FLM's. I want to squeeze the steering servo next to the 250cc tank. I will wait till I have everything before I start cutting and mocking everything up.

The mill isn't finished yet, should be done next week.

Thats a pretty big tank. You didnt want to mount the steerin servo on the tvps? I went with the smaller d8 clunk tank and was able to fit the tank and reciever box on the servo plate, mounted the servo to the tvps, and mounted the rx batt on the bottom of the servo plate. Its a snug fit, but everything is nice and tucked inside the tvps.

how many cc's is the DB tank? do you have a build thread on it?

Its 125. Half of the ofna. But the best part is the clunk. You don't have to run for your life everytime it ends up on its lid. I have a build thread, lemme try and find it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back