My New Savage X SS 5.9 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the clunk .. is a weight that is inside the tank on a rubber pick up tube so when the trucks upside down it still gets fuel cause the weight flops twords the ground no matter what way the trucks layibng ... its a race thing ... but is great for bashing these flip happy trucks ..lol

IMAG0062.jpg

Thats the clunk. Its on a small piece of fuel line inside the tank, so if you end up on your lid, the clunk drops and still gets fuel.

Its full of what looks to be tiny copper balls, which I would guess also acts as a filter.

I not sure. You would need a nipple on the inside to attach the piece of fuel line to. Even if there is, its probably gonna be pretty tricky to get it on there.

I not sure. You would need a nipple on the inside to attach the piece of fuel line to. Even if there is, its probably gonna be pretty tricky to get it on there.

yeah its not going to go in the 250 tank .. the tank has the pick up tube recesd slightly in a hole in the tank and its a hard tube. not flexible so its built to the top of the tank. i believe ..

UPDATE:

I should have the motor back by mid week and the savage will be finished except for paint.

I have also baught parts for a mid tank build coming soon.

OK started masking my savage, getting it ready for paint! How does it look?

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

My color choice is still in the air. I will be attempting a carbon fiber look on the rear deck lid. I will be using this color shifting black, white, highliter yellow and highlighter green.

Be carefull with the 3m masking tape. The one and only time I tryed to do a basic 2 tone paint job with it, the paint blead on the edges. Not super bad, but was not a sharp line like I hoped. Ended up being another single color lid. Maybe wanna look into some liquid mask. Just don't want you wasting your time with all the nice masking. On the other hand, I used rattle cans. The airbrush may work much better.

Your project is looking good.:rock1: I usually wait to cut the body after painting but you'll be fine. I see the CEN radio box.

I use a blow dryer to make sure the masking is completly seated, especially in the crease and indentions. The paint seems to creap in those area if the masking in not placed firmly.

Looks good so far is there any other diffrences between the 4.6 and 5.9 other than motor?

Do you mean differences between the 2 kits?

the answer is yes, the 5.9 also comes with the bullet proof diffs and 3 speed, steel spur gear, and aluminum clutch setup.

Well, kind of ####ed with the masking tape. Looks like i pressed to hard and ended up scratching the lid.

The way i found out was, I noticed some of the tape lifting and saw the damage.

What should I do? will you notice the scatches on the outside once painted?

Go different pain scheme?

Scratched how, from what? From trimming your mask? I'm no expert by far, but I would think that if its not scratched super deep, once painted, you wont be able to tell.

I'd remask it with the same pattern, I think I remember maximusraylius saying that he does this for the paint to sink into.
Maybe pm him, he had alot of experiance

I ordered liquid masking today and should have it here in a few days. I might just change the layout al ittle.

I will do the same thing on the opposite side so it is etched in. I will probsbly shoot it with a color shifting clear and then shoot it with the black i have. It will look like ghost flames then I hope.

Latest posts

Members online

Back