$8 PVC Savage Stand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bird, nice job like the screw tray

o`ya

I noticed in the third pic, you have very small hands.........................

Bird, I used those same rounded caps. the only small problem with them is that top of the cap hits the bottom of the fuel tank. Not a big problem, just wanted to let you know.

Bird, I used those same rounded caps. the only small problem with them is that top of the cap hits the bottom of the fuel tank. Not a big problem, just wanted to let you know.

Yep, mine fits better without them. Doesn't look as cool, but gives more room to test steering while on the stand.

finally made mine today. complete with paint and stickers to make it official.
i made the 8" lengths into 10" to accommodate the XL tvp.

DSCN0750.jpg

DSCN0753.jpg

Great Post! I came across this thread yesterday at work and went to the local lowes after work and picked up the stuff the only thing different is I used the rounded end caps to give a slightly cleaner look. total in parts $7.78 I also bought the cutter @ 10.96 so total $18.74. I'm probably gonna build it tonight...grab some paint after work and have at it!

cool!!! you should post some pics of it when its done!!!

I'm definitely going too. I'm going to take pics of my savage build up too whenever I get all the parts I need

SAVAGE stand

I have made something similar from lexan. But when it comes to working on my SAVAGES, the stands Dan Bright makes are the best. Check out Pro Stands by Dan. He builds the baddest monster trucks in the world.

So I finally built the Savage pvc stand tonight since I was too lazy to do it last night and we had a power outage last night as well.. The pics and materials needed were a big help reminded me of legos when putting everything together lol. Took me about 45min from start to finish all the while talking to my gf on the phone :p anyways here are the pics

PIC-0195.jpg

parts before assembly used two 5' sections of pvc had plenty left over

PIC-0196.jpg

finished before the paint

PIC-0197.jpg

PIC-0198.jpg

with my Mac tools magnetic screw tray in place/ perfect fit.

PIC-0199.jpg

how my Savage currently looks lol :p I want to get a few more chassis pieces such as FLM lcg tvp's midtank conv, etc

thats it for now

well just went to the d'pot and bought all i need to make the stand. Spent a whopping 5.93 with tax... don't think I could ever get a stand any cheaper. thanks for the tips. ill get mine put together and take some pics. and post this weekend.....

Just out of curiosity can you start your savage on the stand? just for trouble shooting or checking replaced parts before running?

I'm in Illinois I got a 10' legth of pipe it was only 1.29 the rest was the fittings. I already had the primer and glue so didnt need that.

I got the 10' too. with no primer or glue either and it was still $10.52
I think I got my pants pulled down...

I would think so cuz, I've done it before. I don't see it hurting anything. It's sitting on the TVPs. Just make sure you're in a ventilated area :)

I would think so cuz, I've done it before. I don't see it hurting anything. It's sitting on the TVPs. Just make sure you're in a ventilated area :)

Did you get the standard sized PVC. The smaller stuff is more expensive.

ya don't start it in the garage with the doors closed like my buddy did, man i thought i was going to choke to death.. the fumes are nasty!!

yea, that's what i used. I wasn't sure. I had to look at my left over PVC. I don't know maybe that home depot is just marks everything up? wouldn't surprise me. It's out in the middle of no where just like this town

well i see your in CA I'm sure that puts atleast a 30% mark up right there from IL lol... i know if it was 1/4 it is almost double just for the piece of pipe here by me. so thats probably the diff.

Here's another pvc stand project. Buy in bulk!
1/2 300psi pvc pipe 10' ( had the guy @ lowes cut in half) $1.37
1/2 elbow contractor pack (10 pcs) $2.24
1/2 tee contractor pack (10 pcs) 2x $2.24
1/2 elbow I got 2 pcs for $.59
That's $8.68 and enough to build this stand and a shorter version I use with my losi. I did have to use a 4 ' piece scrap I had already. Thanks for this great idea!!

:duh:Oh!! By the way that Savage is Anna's new ride.I will list her on the Welcome page later. Sorry, Just a little touchy about the color and yes that is PINK!
Thanks for understanding.

Latest posts

Members online

Back