What did you do to your HPI Savage today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went out and broke in the new engine I installed. I've already run half a gallon through and so far everything is well, and also noticed it to be considerably alot easier to start and easier to rotate the flywheel to BDC. I used to have to loosen the plug a bit :)
I'm just basically taking my time.

Went out and broke in the new engine I installed. I've already run half a gallon through and so far everything is well, and also noticed it to be considerably alot easier to start and easier to rotate the flywheel to BDC. I used to have to loosen the plug a bit :)
I'm just basically taking my time.
What engine are you going with?

Looks like he has a Dynamite Mach 2 Big Red in his profile pic Olds.
That's got to be it cuz its to clean.

Last edited:
I got the Integy Alloy gearbox for my XL. The gearbox runs smoother and with minimal resistance now. The brakes needed some adjusting but they work well.

Attachments

• F9C8FCD4-6896-4453-A75D-651D0FDBA933.jpeg
    F9C8FCD4-6896-4453-A75D-651D0FDBA933.jpeg
    265.5 KB · Views: 4
Was given two sct bodies ( for free ) so cut in half and reduced the over all width of the body by 50mm to fit my XL. Basher bodies only these are not shelf queen bodies LOL :D Total cost $ 10 bucks for glue, drywall tape and rivets :cigar:

IMG_2714.JPG IMG_2724.JPG IMG_2725.JPG IMG_2726.JPG

Was given two sct bodies ( for free ) so cut in half and reduced the over all width of the body by 50mm to fit my XL.

Cant beat that ,Looks good on the XL . I'd run on my Savage, would open up the bed for fuel and airflow.

Last edited:
Replaced a front hinge pin retainer for the 4th time. This time I went with FLM's machined ones vs the stock stamped one. I only put one on the front of the front diff case. That's the one I keep ripping half. Sucks to have to keep replacing the entire diff case and hinge pins. Much easier if just an arm or axle carrier broke.

Will see how it holds up:
2018-0723-SavageFlux-FLMHingePinRetainer01.jpg

Last edited:
Replaced a front hinge pin retainer for the 4th time. This time I went with FLM's machined ones vs the stock stamped one. I only put one on the front of the front diff case. That's the one I keep ripping half. Sucks to have to keep replacing the entire diff case and hinge pins. Much easier if just an arm or axle carrier broke.
Will see how it holds up:

Olds ,
Maybe if you could keep those pesky TREES from jumping out in front of you they might last longer :beaver::beaver::beaver: LOL .
I wonder if an Aluminum diff case would hold up better and sacrifice the suspension arm instead.

PS you are the Master of Disaster

Last edited:
I hope nitro makes a come back nothing like that smell haha got my car old savage out of retirement cleaned her up and started right up it had been sitting for a whileeee

Attachments

• D7BE7F7C-0C8E-4090-BBC3-ACF055C9356A.jpeg
    D7BE7F7C-0C8E-4090-BBC3-ACF055C9356A.jpeg
    289.9 KB · Views: 1
Olds ,
Maybe if you could keep those pesky TREES from jumping out in front of you they might last longer :beaver::beaver::beaver: LOL .
I wonder if an Aluminum diff case would hold up better and sacrifice the suspension arm instead.

PS you are the Master of Disaster
What's odd is that I break them from landing jumps and hitting the ground a bit nose heavy. Been a long time since I hit an inanimate object when driving. I learned a long time ago that I have zero depth perception, so I drive to/away from me most of the time, rarely do I go left/right of me.

I used my Servo tester to find that the Throttle / Brake servo wouldn't go full throw so I had very weak brakes on SAVY 25 .
Replaced servo , Good to go . Had to back off end point so 25 doesn't do endow .
s-l1600.jpg

Painted up new Savage XL body.

Attachments

• 20180820_201342.jpg
    20180820_201342.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20180820_201400.jpg
    20180820_201400.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 1
Ya i just traded some small stuff for it all, what are the things in the second pic for they don't seam to have any place to go ?

Any idea what brand that bulkhead/diff case is? I can't tell where it splits to put the diff in.

I bought an Octane roller to have spare parts. Couldn´t resist fitting the roll cage to my extended TVP Savage. 20180909_111445.jpg 20180908_190613.jpg 20180909_111531.jpg

Last edited:
Replaced the Batt / RX box on Sav-25 I acquired this summer ,Man I forgot what a pain the old style Batt / Rx box was as have upgrade on all my other Savages .

Attachments

• 20180923_092255[1].jpg
    20180923_092255[1].jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back