What did you do to your HPI Savage today?

Went out and broke in the new engine I installed. I've already run half a gallon through and so far everything is well, and also noticed it to be considerably alot easier to start and easier to rotate the flywheel to BDC. I used to have to loosen the plug a bit :)
I'm just basically taking my time.

olds97_lss

Went out and broke in the new engine I installed. I've already run half a gallon through and so far everything is well, and also noticed it to be considerably alot easier to start and easier to rotate the flywheel to BDC. I used to have to loosen the plug a bit :)
I'm just basically taking my time.
What engine are you going with?

ELWOOD

Looks like he has a Dynamite Mach 2 Big Red in his profile pic Olds.
That's got to be it cuz its to clean.

Last edited:

Savage 6768

Was given two sct bodies ( for free ) so cut in half and reduced the over all width of the body by 50mm to fit my XL. Basher bodies only these are not shelf queen bodies LOL :D Total cost $ 10 bucks for glue, drywall tape and rivets :cigar:

IMG_2714.JPG IMG_2724.JPG IMG_2725.JPG IMG_2726.JPG

olds97_lss

Replaced a front hinge pin retainer for the 4th time. This time I went with FLM's machined ones vs the stock stamped one. I only put one on the front of the front diff case. That's the one I keep ripping half. Sucks to have to keep replacing the entire diff case and hinge pins. Much easier if just an arm or axle carrier broke.

Will see how it holds up:

Last edited:

ELWOOD

Replaced a front hinge pin retainer for the 4th time. This time I went with FLM's machined ones vs the stock stamped one. I only put one on the front of the front diff case. That's the one I keep ripping half. Sucks to have to keep replacing the entire diff case and hinge pins. Much easier if just an arm or axle carrier broke.
Will see how it holds up:

Olds ,
Maybe if you could keep those pesky TREES from jumping out in front of you they might last longer :beaver::beaver::beaver: LOL .
I wonder if an Aluminum diff case would hold up better and sacrifice the suspension arm instead.

PS you are the Master of Disaster

Last edited:

olds97_lss

Olds ,
Maybe if you could keep those pesky TREES from jumping out in front of you they might last longer :beaver::beaver::beaver: LOL .
I wonder if an Aluminum diff case would hold up better and sacrifice the suspension arm instead.

PS you are the Master of Disaster
What's odd is that I break them from landing jumps and hitting the ground a bit nose heavy. Been a long time since I hit an inanimate object when driving. I learned a long time ago that I have zero depth perception, so I drive to/away from me most of the time, rarely do I go left/right of me.

ELWOOD

I used my Servo tester to find that the Throttle / Brake servo wouldn't go full throw so I had very weak brakes on SAVY 25 .
Replaced servo , Good to go . Had to back off end point so 25 doesn't do endow .