Well, well, well, what the FLUX do we have here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks great jeff... can't wait to smoke it with some good ol' fashion nitro!!!

Where did they find this guy, lol

Just heard back about the axles today. Apparently the pins are metric, so they are ordering bits. 7/64 was too small and 1/8 was too big and it would have slop, sothey ordered some metric bits. Gonna be a few more days, but at least itll be done right.

One of the sharpest flux's I've seen for sure..thing looks like a beast..good job triple...interested in how much$ the axle mod is gonna cost..let us know when u get it all done please..I'm just gonna go with offset tires for now..what's the biggest offset out there,and where is a good place to find them?

Thanks. I'll have to go back and look how much for the parts. It was about 20 for the xl axles and around 25 for the hexes and nuts. There is the standard 0 and 1/2 offset wheels. Maximizer has a set of x75 beadlocks that are 3/4 offset, but are only 14mm hexes. I think rpm has a set of 3/4 offset stablemaxx, but Ive heard of issues with rpm wheels. I used to have a set of spi racing aluminum wheels that were full offset.

Will definately post and get pics up of the axle mod when I get them back, hopefully early next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought about putting up a parts and price list for everything like frddy did, but Id probably puke before I finished it, lol.

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0136.jpg

IMAG0137.jpg

So it turns out that the shocks are a little short. I have an extra set of shock ends from some aluminum big bores that are a little longer. Gonna see how it works with these. Need to shave a little off the end so that the spring retainer fits. If this doesnt work, I will have to try something else. I noticed that the tie rod ends would probably work also, they are just not gonna be strong enough I don't think. Suggestions? Ideas?

IMAG0138.jpg

Well the big bore shock ends arent gonna work for me. Still too short. Time for plan b. I will let you know when I figure out what plan b is.

K. Plan b is cen racing gs232. Thanks again frddy. Pics to follow with the changes.

i can tell you triple six that when you buy the whole d8t kit there are optional shock ends that are much longer then the short ones you have. tomorrow ill find them and take a pic of the difference for you.

Thanks mickey. I bought the shocks new, but didnt come with any extra anything. I already ordered the cen shock ends, but would like to see what else is available.

just noticed your a new member so welcome!! you should post a hello in the "new members" section so everyone gets a chance to welcome u!!

just noticed your a new member so welcome!! you should post a hello in the "new members" section so everyone gets a chance to welcome u!!

lol, if you want to call me that. Ive been around since 2008, but always been a lurker.:crazy:

Ok, so I got my shocks and everything setup and something wasn't right. I had no droop. So after more questions, found out I needed longer shock ends. Ended up using cen shock ends and balls

Pics of original setup, no droop.
IMAG0156.jpg

Flange needed to be dremeled off cen ball.
IMAG0157.jpg

D8T shock end vs. cen.
IMAG0158.jpg

Size comparison after assembled.
IMAG0159.jpg

Mounted with droop vs stock with none!!!
IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

Gotta give frddy credit, without his help and pics, never woulda figured my problem.

Also got my xl axles back today!!!! Gonna tear it down and install those tonight.

Finally got the xl axles back!!!!

So here is where the new hole is drilled compared to the stock.

IMAG0162.jpg

Extended hub installed on the right.
IMAG0163.jpg

Extended
IMAG0164.jpg

Stock
IMAG0165.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0167.jpg

IMAG0168.jpg

IMAG0169.jpg

IMAG0170.jpg

Fully extended
IMAG0171.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

I will end up cutting the threads off the xl axles, since there is no use for them now. Just wanted to get them installed.

I will update once I get a chance to run it. Wiating on a new 7955. Stole the 5955 for the nitro, lol.

holy roof skid plate batman lol. looks good jeff.so let me get this straight with the axle mod all that holds your wheel on is the cross pin?

holy roof skid plate batman lol. looks good jeff.so let me get this straight with the axle mod all that holds your wheel on is the cross pin?

Yes. The only thing holding the hubs on is the pin. It is longer and thicker than the stock. Only time will tell if it will hold up. Works on the truggys, we will see how it stands up to the flux!!! Still have the stock flux axles on standby, lol.

Need a serious roof skid when you spend as much time sliding down the street as I do, lol. Stock lid had a hole in it by the end of the first packs, lol.

wow that is low! What are you wanting to do? speed runs?

Latest posts

Members online

Back