Well, well, well, what the FLUX do we have here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a Few thins in the mail today. Prc lcg towers, hellfire body mounts, and the rc8t extended hexes and nuts.

IMAG0087.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

Size comparison of the stock towers and the prc lcg towers. Plenty of shock mounting options with the prc.

IMAG0089.jpg

Sealed up the edges of the towers with some zap a gap.

IMAG0091.jpg

Got everything together so far.

IMAG0096.jpg

IMAG0097.jpg

IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

Tomorrow I should be getting my d8t shocks and springs. Also should be getting my new body, wing, and hellfire wing mount.

Ok. So here are my new extended hexes I'm gonna try out. First things first, the blue has gotta go!

IMAG0092.jpg

After a short soak in some easy off.

IMAG0093.jpg

And after a little bit of mothers aluminum polish. Looking to Get some things anodized black soon, but this will do for now.

IMAG0094.jpg

These are the stock pins for the hexes on the left and the rc8t hexes on the right. The rc8t pins are not only longer, but a little thicker also. The pins go all the way through the rc8t hexes and there is a small retaining ring to hold them in place. I'm probably gonna put a piece of shrink tube on there also as some added insurance.

IMAG0090.jpg

Dropped the xl axles off at a machine shop today and should have them back in a day or two. The holes have to be perfect, so I decided against testing my skills with the dewalt.

love the look of the carbon shock towers!!! can wait to see how well this handles!!!

No messing around with the wheel hexs!
How long did you leave them in the easy off for?
and did you just polish them by hand after? or use a dremel or anything?
And roughly how long did you spend per corner polishing? as i heard it can take a while

Nice job!!!
Also how much are the machine shop charging you for drilling the axles? i really wanted to do this but don't trust my self to ruin my xl axles either

Sorry about the questions
THANKS

love the look of the carbon shock towers!!! can wait to see how well this handles!!!

No messing around with the wheel hexs!
How long did you leave them in the easy off for?
and did you just polish them by hand after? or use a dremel or anything?
And roughly how long did you spend per corner polishing? as i heard it can take a while

Nice job!!!
Also how much are the machine shop charging you for drilling the axles? i really wanted to do this but don't trust my self to ruin my xl axles either

Sorry about the questions
THANKS

I put the hexes in a zip lock bag and sprayed it with enough easy off to completely cover them. Then every couple minutes I would rub them. It took less than ten minutes. I only spent about 5 minutes apiece to polish them by hand. As far as the axles, I brought them to my father in laws shop and told him what exactly I needed. After telling him that if he messed them up, he would have to buy me a new set, lol, he told me he had a place that he would have them do it right.

Please show pics of your axles after they are drilled.

Not a problem. There is also a link to where I got the idea and even a short vid of the mod. I think its on the previous page.

I think ive seen it, but it doesnt have to much specifics on the new hole for the axle.

I think ive seen it, but it doesnt have to much specifics on the new hole for the axle.

I will definately post pics once I get them back. Basically what you want to do is put the xl axles in and slide the rc8t hexes over the xl axles. Then you will see where the pin will need to go, and the new hole. What I did was put the xl axles on, then I put on the thinnest shim I had, then the rc8t hex. I was barely able to thread the stock nut on the end and tightened slightly. The axle was somewhat snug and wouldnt spin freely. Then I took a 7/64 drill bit through the hole on the rc8t hex to mark where it needs to be. I did that with all 4 and dropped them off. With the shim off, once I install the hexes, there should be little to no play. Hope that explained better what needs to be done, but I'm sure the pics will help also. Ill get some when I get the axles back.

Done!!!!!

Got the rest of my parts in today!!! D8T rear shocks, D8T 76mm orange springs, and black threaded spring retainers. Also got my body wing and hellfire wing mount.

IMAG0102.jpg

The hellfire wing mount had to be modded a little to work. The little nubs just had to be cut off. Nothing major, quick work for the exacto.

IMAG0101.jpg

Got everything done and together. I ended up dyeing the orange springs black. Its hard to tell from the pics, but they almost look really dark brown, but at least they're not orange. I filled the shocks with 35 wt oil. Everything went together without any trouble. Only modding I had to do was with the wing mount and I also had to drill 2 extra holes in the rear tower to mount the wing mount. No big deal.

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

And here is another one of my custom, all black bodies, lol.
I have yet to mess up on one of the all black bodies. I tried one time to do a 2 tone, and the paint started to bleed pretty bad where I masked it off with 3m masking tape. I ended up stripping the paint before it fully dried with some nitro,lol. Worked like a charm. So I decided to stick to what I'm good at and do another solid black body. The body is a proline shift for the mbx6t. I wasnt sure if it would fit, so just in case, I could use it on my mbx6t. Its a little shorter than I would've liked, but it works.

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

So now I just am waiting on my xl axles to come back. Should be any day. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. Just dying to try it out now. Comments, opinions or suggestions welcome.

when the weather breaks a little, we will get together and bash. I could bring the truggy out and la the smack down on the flux, lol.

when the weather breaks a little, we will get together and bash. I could bring the truggy out and la the smack down on the flux, lol.

LOL!!!! Sounds good. And I'll bring the mini revo and lay the smack down on your ss, lol. Cant wait for the weather to break, and dry up a little.

Man that is one sweet lookin flux triplesix!!! rockout

sick looking flux triple6 . I'm gonna have to say thats nicer then freds.

lol, mike i thought by now you at least know a LITTLE about savages when you looked at them. part for part we got the same truck. thats ok tho, if you got any questions, you just ask one of us & we'll try to explain in terms even you can understand :hardlaugh:

nice work 6. what body is that you ended up going with? also, what shock oil you end up going with? & Damn, thats quite a stack of hyperions you got going on there. looking forward to the wheel hub mod completion.

+ rep

ps. what are your thoughts on the prc vs. the flm?

i love the prc & once you own it i don't think there is any turning back. i just flipped back to the first post on your thread and i like the flm too.

+ REP!

one sexy truck!
I definitely want to build something like this at some point! Maybe an EXTENDED version rather than xl...

What still shocks me is how much angle you get at full lock with the integy hubs! Almost if not the same as the RSC kit!

our group that meets up once a month although love the savage, all run buggys and truggys... we are starting more track racing... so i need a weapon just like this on my savage side... a realy track specific savage!

lol, mike i thought by now you at least know a LITTLE about savages when you looked at them. part for part we got the same truck. thats ok tho, if you got any questions, you just ask one of us & we'll try to explain in terms even you can understand :hardlaugh:

nice work 6. what body is that you ended up going with? also, what shock oil you end up going with? & Damn, thats quite a stack of hyperions you got going on there. looking forward to the wheel hub mod completion.

+ rep

Lol, they are very similar with a few small differences. But I got alot of ideas and info from frddy and his build.
The body is a proline shift for a mbx6t. I wish it was a little longer, but it works. I used 35 wt oil. I'll see how it works and go from there. I got the orange 76mm springs which were the longest and stiffest I found for the d8t's.
Hyperion FTW!!!!!

ps. what are your thoughts on the prc vs. the flm?

i love the prc & once you own it i don't think there is any turning back. i just flipped back to the first post on your thread and i like the flm too.

The flm is definately nice stuff. I still have all flm on the nitro. After seeing yours and banks c/f flux's, I had to build my own. I even tried to get bank to sell me his flux, lol. Not a huge weight difference between the two, but the difference in looks is huge.

+ REP!

one sexy truck!
I definitely want to build something like this at some point! Maybe an EXTENDED version rather than xl...

What still shocks me is how much angle you get at full lock with the integy hubs! Almost if not the same as the RSC kit!

our group that meets up once a month although love the savage, all run buggys and truggys... we are starting more track racing... so i need a weapon just like this on my savage side... a realy track specific savage!

Thanks

It does have quite a bit of throw with the integy, but not without the help of the dremel. I thought about going with the rsc but, all that purple really forced me to look for other options. I didnt want to have to deanodize everything and polish it all. Plus for the price of the prc, I got the integy carriers for both the flux and nitro on all four corners, and still came out about half of the prc. I haven't been able to run this yet, but I'm not sure how it would compare to the mbx6t. I'm sure the truggy would handle better, but the flux has to handle 100 times better than the nitro.

The flm is definately nice stuff. I still have all flm on the nitro. After seeing yours and banks c/f flux's, I had to build my own. I even tried to get bank to sell me his flux, lol. Not a huge weight difference between the two, but the difference in looks is huge.

i agree and ive also found that the lack of flex in the c/f over alloy keeps gear mesh accurate and saves parts.

now we need to upgrade the battery-box mounts to GCM. bit of an investment, but the upgrade is needed.

Loving the images!!! Thanks for that!!! I really want to make a carbon flux now!

Seeing frddy's and bank's c/f flux's really made me want one bad.

how you liking the HB shocks?

haven't had a chance to run it yet. Still got about 18" of snow on the ground and the high today is 7 deg. We got hit pretty hard with the snow last week, and whatever isnt covered in snow is covered in salt, and I'm not really big on running it in either one.

+ rep

lmao fred no i like the all black body better .

Latest posts

Members online

Back