Well, well, well, what the FLUX do we have here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Bud!

Before i installed my centre diff... i would blow my tranny ever 5-8 runs!!! My HD Drive gear, and highspeed idler never caused me problems though!...

HPI released lightweight gears, but they are rubbish too as they do not offer much contact surface area... it was easier and cheaper to replace with the cast gears...

BUT I HAVE REQUESTED SOMETHING FROM A GUY WHO DEALS WITH TITANIUM!

he is making TI idler, and drive gears for all the gears in the tranny!

The tranny should then be BP!!! i will be using a Plastic spur, so just in case something goes wrong in the drive train, the spur will give way and wont damage anything else.... Also the spur will be cheap to and the fastest to replace...

Are you interested? They should be done in the next 3 weeks or so!

Hi Bud!

Before i installed my centre diff... i would blow my tranny ever 5-8 runs!!! My HD Drive gear, and highspeed idler never caused me problems though!...

HPI released lightweight gears, but they are rubbish too as they do not offer much contact surface area... it was easier and cheaper to replace with the cast gears...

The tranny should then be BP!!! i will be using a Plastic spur, so just in case something goes wrong in the drive train, the spur will give way and wont damage anything else.... Also the spur will be cheap to and the fastest to replace...

sorry to thread-jack guys. is your buddy making gears that will make it possible to run a 2-speed tranny in a flux?

Ive not blown out any stock tranny gears (have the hd gear) but the dream set up is a 4s (or5s) savage on 2 speed tranny.

Hi Bud!

Very interested!!! Let me know!!!!

Ok slight thread jack.. .but i guess it will benefit all...

At the moment, he is starting with making a few parts that are in dire need for flux uses... Stuff that often bend, break etc due to the stress of brushless.

These are being made initially
86084 - DRIVE GEAR 32 TOOTH (standard to start)
86098 - IDLER GEAR 29 TOOTH (standard to start)
100950 - SHOCK SHAFT 3.5x90mm
86248 - SUPER HEAVY DUTY DIFF SHAFT
86928 - SUPER HEAVY DUTY AXLE
Drive Shaft - 11x123mm

but he will eventually be supplying all tranny gears for nitro and brushless in Titanium.

Can you tell me what sort of pricing you would be prepared to pay for high quality TI parts listed below... and maybe if you have any other ideas of what you feel should be made then put your 2 cents forward as i wil be putting his tranny parts to the test in the XXL Chassis to see how they hold up.... Remember how i was going through tranny gears every 5 runs or so... i believe i will definitely be able to put them to the test!

I have asked him to make some pinions as well! what do you think about that!

Cant wait to hear your results after testing. If these parts hold up to your BEAST, I should never habe any more issues! Keep us posted!!!!

UH Oh VERY BAD NEWS GUYS!

i spoke to him yesterday... He has decided that he is only makinig

TI Axles
TI Shock Shafts
TI Drive Shafts

He is not making the gears any more because it just wouldnt be worthwhile... He said in order to make any sort of profit on them, he would need to charge $150 for :
86084 - DRIVE GEAR 32 TOOTH (standard to start)
86098 - IDLER GEAR 29 TOOTH (standard to start)

I cannot see anyone really paying that... They will eventually wear anyway so it is a lot of money to fork out...

Quite upset about this because i really thought these were a couple of gears that were really necessary and would have sold well even if they were $30 or so Each... Imagine the hassle and time saved not have to remove the tvps to access these gears!!!

How much would you guys be prepared to pay for TI shock shafts, drive shafts, and axle cups?

Well that sucks. So back to my original question, does anybody make hd gears for the flux tranny, or do I just have to have a couple of stock spares available?

Well what i used to do if i was out on a whole day of running, i would carry a spare identical tranny setup... So worst comes to worse, i would just pull off the tvp and swap the tranny out...

Otherwise i always had 4 of each gear at home just in case... I never really knew when a gear would fail no matter how well shimmed the tranny was... My HD drive gear Never failed... Never had to change it! my 39t high speed idler Never failed either, and still looks new...
it was just the two other crappy gears... i also did try the light weight idler gears but they were narrow and didnt offer great contact surface area..They didnt last much longer than the cast gears, so were not worth the extra money IMO...

But my setup may differ to yours on how much strain the gears go through???

It is just always a good idea to keep extras of these fast wearing parts...

Little update. My poor flux has been neglected since I got my mbx6t and more recently erevo. Finally decided to show it some love. Today I ordered prc lcg shock towers, d8t shocks, 76mm orange springs, black threaded spring retainers (not a big fan of the hpi purple lol), and hellfire body mounts. Build and pics to follow once stuff starts arriving.

Well, I finally recieved the first of my few litttle things I have coming. Got this 5955 for 50shipped. Its replacing a 5645. Much better. I took the plug off the end and put a piece of shrink tube. A little extra protection, and mostly because its BLACK.

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0084.jpg

I am getting bored waiting on things to arrive so in the mean time, I shortened the wires coming off the motor, eliminated the on/off switch and also shrink wrapped the wires for the esc. I also finally mouned the esc with the traxxas mount thats been sitting for months.
IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

I previously cut about an inch off the prc roll bar. I have a truggy body coming and want it to sit as low as possible. May have to take it down a little more. Just waiting for my body to check the fit.
IMAG0085.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

And thats how it sits now. Waiting on your friendly neighborhood usps, ups, and fed ex. Still waiting on prc lcg towers, d8t shocks, springs, black spring retainers, 35wt oil, hellfire body mounts, hellfire wing mount, and a new wing and body. I also have a set of hexes coming that I am going to try something I saw elsewhere that I liked. More to come when, more comes.

I LOVE THIS BUILD!!!

i remember you buying the PRC Bulk plates... how are you finding them? I am always bending the stock purple alloy bulk plates and it is annoying! The carbon should definitely hold up better! But as they don't have the natural bend in them, do you find them hard to get them to fit or anything???

sweet build you got going on. the prc is the way to go. i also like the integy carrier on all 4, they have the strength that a flux demands.

I'm interested in the hex mod your talking about, can you pm me a link?

so when we gonna bite the bullet and drop $70 on alloy battery box mounts? hate to do it, but gonna need it.

Yep! Alloy box mounts are def needed!

if our current group eventually join a track, i think i will need a 3rd track carbon savage/truggy... this just looks too awesome!

The bulk plates are sweet. I just screw them to the aluminum tvp braces first and start working my way out. The c/f bulk plates are only 2mm, so the will bend in place fairly easily.

Thanks for that info 666

I was very tempted to try the XL Axle modification... but I'm happy with teh way my stock 17mm hexs work...
I am worried though.. when i go 9 or 10s that my current SPI rims will be too small to put any power down, so i would need 24mm Baja hexs and baja rims me thinks...

9 or 10s? That is going to be insane!!!! I never even tried running more than 5s and that was already pretty sick. Obviously you are running a different motor and esc. But holy poop 10s!!!!

Yea it is going to be mental...

I really want to run the new MMMXL but i thought everyone will be running 8s... (plus it seems castle hasn't got all the problems ironed out with the MMMXL yet) so i want to run at least 9s and 10s on occasion.
I know the the new MMMHV will still cost a fortune when it is released and most probably have the same problems as the MMM V1 when it was first released...

So I'm working out mechanical brakes on my current custom centre diff and have the Ive HV 160Amp ordered which is good for 12s!!! So at least ill be running it conservatively haha

sweet build you got going on. the prc is the way to go. i also like the integy carrier on all 4, they have the strength that poa flux demands.

I'm interested in the hex mod your talking about, can you pm me a link?

so when we gonna bite the bullet and drop $70 on alloy battery box mounts? hate to do it, but gonna need it.

So far the integy carriers have held up great. Running the same setup on the nitro also. Also running the integy motor mounts ont the flux because I had to bore out the stockers when I was running the tekin setup. As far as alloy battery box mounts, I haven't had any issues yet. But as soon as I do, I will go with alloy. What mounts are you guys running?

The ICE is for boats and planes i think... no motor brakes or reverse... but i can do without the reverse and mech brakes suit me better.

We use the GCM alloy battery box mounts... expensive, but very nice!

The ICE is for boats and planes i think... no motor brakes or reverse... but i can do without the reverse and mech brakes suit me better.

We use the GCM alloy battery box mounts... expensive, but very nice!

I been thinking about the mechanical brakes also. But at the same time, I like having the reverse. I will look into the gcm mounts. What kind of motor you running? Maybe when I'm finished with this, I will build another flux and get ridiculous, lol. Ive got a few ideas ive been tossing around in my silly little head.

What is the ice hv for? Planes?

Yes, its for air. I have one for my Outrage 550e.

you will notice it doesnt have a fan built into it because it relies on the constant/large volume of airflow passing over it that a plane or heli will receive in order to function properly/not overheat..

Yes, its for air. I have one for my Outrage 550e.

you will notice it doesnt have a fan built into it because it relies on the constant/large volume of airflow passing over it that a plane or heli will receive in order to function properly/not overheat..

Cant imagine it would be too hard to mount a fan on it. Thats not something that would happen to soon anyway.

i know a couple of guys that run it with no fan even and they run cool when geared conservatively...

I have come up with a way of mounting two MMM Fans above it considering it is double in length of the MMM...

i know a couple of guys that run it with no fan even and they run cool when geared conservatively...

I have come up with a way of mounting two MMM Fans above it considering it is double in length of the MMM...

What motor you running?

The Castle 1520... I have 3 of them from the castle sale...

I also have a few rebuild kits considering ill be running the motor on and just over the limit whether I'm running 9 or 10s so i know the motor will need to be rebuilt every now and then... if one goes pop, i have another.. i just really want to see how far you can push these motors as there are a few people running 10s already through the 1520...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back