Well, well, well, what the FLUX do we have here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry man, didnt mean to leave you hanging. thought it said.

anyway, use ca. i used zap a gap. just put the edge of the part your sealing facing up, put a small (key word "small") drop on the edge. i unwound a paperclip and used that to spread it. it stays right along the edge.

sorry man, didnt mean to leave you hanging. thought it said.

anyway, use ca. i used zap a gap. just put the edge of the part your sealing facing up, put a small (key word "small") drop on the edge. i unwound a paperclip and used that to spread it. it stays right along the edge.

Thanks. Maybe use medium, to help prevent dripping?

Thanks. Maybe use medium, to help prevent dripping?

I'm sure any ca would work, just make sure not to get it on your fingers then touch the parts, you'll her ca all over your purdy cf.

its poetry easy to do with zero drops, the ca magicallyruns along the edge

one of the nicest lids ive seen on a savage you have to modify it much?

one of the nicest lids ive seen on a savage you have to modify it much?
Only mod I did was to put an extra piece of lexan on the top of it to serve as kind of a skid. My stock lid had holes in it after just a couple of runs. This has helped out ALOT.

Well my prc should be here any day now. Looking for new hardware and can only seem to find stainless, which i don't want. If Ibuy it piece by piece from my lhs, itll coat more than my prc! Any suggestions?

Well I ordered and paid for my PRC on 10/1/10 and still waiting.:dmt: In the meantime I got some new wheels and tires. Tires are obviously dirtbonz and the wheels are J Concepts rulux half ups 1/2 offset. Wheels were yellow, nothing a little rit cant fix! Plus you can find really good deals on the yellow wheels on ebay. So now just trying to wait patiently on my PRC. Hopefully it wont be much longer!

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

very nice build! VERY nice build!

I have the same ProLine lid here to go onto my trans-forward BL flux - I love the low-slung look. Are you using the XL extended outer axles?

Bob

very nice build! VERY nice build!

I have the same ProLine lid here to go onto my trans-forward BL flux - I love the low-slung look. Are you using the XL extended outer axles?

Bob

Thanks! Yes I WAS using the xl axles, but I will be switching back to the stock flux axles. My xl axles bent pretty quickly. Well 3 out of the 4 did.

i like how you reinforced the roof on your lid. i lined the inside of mine with sheet-metal/shoe goo but i need something up top on the outside caz it ends up sliding 600' down the street on the lid o_O

i like how you reinforced the roof on your lid. i lined the inside of mine with sheet-metal/shoe goo but i need something up top on the outside caz it ends up sliding 600' down the street on the lid o_O

Yea, by the time I was done running the first set of packs when I first got the flux I already had a hole on the top of the lid! For the roof skid I used a piece of face shield that we use at work. Pretty heavy duty. On my stock lid I used a piece of lexan from a proline body.

Well my C/F finally came yesterday!!! This is some nice looking stuff!!! Time to get to work!!!

100_0943.jpg

100_0944.jpg

Sanded all the edges with some 600 grit sand paper and sealed it all with some Zap A Gap. Makes a big difference. Gives it more of a finished look, and supposed to help prevent delamination.

100_0948.jpg

100_0949.jpg

Everything fit together very nicely. Only grinding I had to do was a tiny bit on the tvp for the motor plate. Overall I am very happy with the results. Now just got to figure out what to do next!!!

100_0957.jpg

100_0956.jpg

100_0955.jpg

100_0958.jpg

100_0954.jpg

100_0953.jpg

100_0959.jpg

100_0961.jpg

Thanks!!! RX box is a traxxas 2608, from a nitro rustler i believe. The knuckles are all from integy. So far they are holding up just fine. Got the same knuckles on my nitro too and no problems there either. Probably would have gone with the rsc, but that purple really forced me to look for alternatives. Didnt want the hassle of easy off and polishing everything. Now just deciding if I want D8T shocks or just go with hellfire shafts, and PRC C/F shock towers.

cool. I'm liking the box. mine is off of a traxxas summit but the wires go in the other side.

yeah I'm sold on the integy stuff. its tough!

Mo3
maybe a select few things may be ok, but the brand in general is horrible.:stressed:

Ive heard a lot of bad stories about integy, but have to say ive had pretty good luck so far with the few items I have of theirs, but I wont be pushing my luck with too much of their stuff.

Mo3

Ive heard a lot of bad stories about integy, but have to say ive had pretty good luck so far with the few items I have of theirs, but I wont be pushing my luck with too much of their stuff.

I'm with ya on that, the rear tie rod eliminators are a great upgrade for any truck, and i actually ran the front knuckles up until i upgraded to an RSC with no issues with them at all. i just didnt want people to read freds post and go on to ebay and start buying up all the integy they can.:beer:

awesome job!!! Looks great! Another Carbon build ! Making me reallll jealous!

UH OH... frddy that isnt entirely true is it ;) at least 88 got in there quickly and corrected your statement.

Frddy i have noticed that a lot of your advice is taken, noted and acted upon very quickly! inc myself when i was just re familiarising myself with the savage. So fast and loose with, "I'm sold with integy" may have just temporarily increased integys sales haha...

All the integy products i have bought inc many other people for ex shocks, alloy arms, bumpers etc all went in the bin immediately after my first roll over...

But without a doubt certain products for certain jobs work really well and for a good price.

I just ordered some rear tie rod eliminators for my basher... may get the knuckles and uprights too? or stick with the stock...?

the cf flux looks good tripsix. as for integy they have some good pieces, rear tie rod eliminaters, uprights, castor blocks and there clutch shoes have all done me good

interesting mickey i never woulda thought about the clutch shoes. the uprights i ran for awhile and they were actually tough as nails. a lot more then i can say for my FLM ones.

Just grenaded my tranny today! Just wondering if they make any other hd gears other than the hd 18/23 drive gear that I already have? That and my high speed idler are the only survivors.

Latest posts

Members online

Back