Show us your wrenchin' spot (pic please )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stage 2 is 95% complete. I need to go to Lowes (or Home Depot) and get a deeper mud ring for the elec. box on the left side of the bench top. I thought I had everything measured out right and got a 1/2" mud ring but I now need a 5/8" mud ring. As you can tell from the pics, the whole inside of the top is pegboard. And the top section has 4 doors that I need to put back on.

Right side angle shot.
106_1180.JPG

Left side angle shot.
106_1181.JPG

Stage 3 will consist of adding a shelf at the very bottom of the bench. Still need to do some measuring to see how tall it needs to be. Stay tuned.

Stage 2 complete. Not gonna post pics cuz they are the same as the ones before. Only difference is the fact that I installed the right mud ring on the plug box. Gonna start stage 3 tom.

My area

this is a dual purpose area. wife has a chair to read if she wants to watch what I do but minimal talking. SO, with that1st pic.
The rules.
3acb8c65-1.jpg

The entrance
4f350b58.jpg

Work area
a47e94fb.jpg

rest area
06758615.jpg

wife's hole
3210a17f.jpg

Baja's Home
74a22423.jpg

b7331fbb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice spot TS. Got started on Stage 3 today. Mainly just got all the boards cut for the bottom shelf under the bench. Just need to secure them to the wall, bench posts, and each other. Then I have to get some plywood or whatever I decide to use to lay over the 2x4 framing. Stay tuned for pics.

Thanks for the resize scott. when I put them on photobucket didn't look bad but damn as soon as I hit post it went to hell.

Killer pics guys. I see I haven't loaded a pic as of yet. I need to get on this. John house looks really nice, tell Mellisa I said Hello.

Stage 3 (bottom bench shelf) is finally complete. I also went ahead and added a "endcap" to one of the sides for when I add drawers for more organized storage. I'm gonna rework the drawers from my old bench to fit the new bench. Now for the pics.

Kneeling near the garage door comin from the kitchen.
106_1187.JPG

Kneeling near the actual garage door.
106_1188.JPG

This shot shows the height clearance I have to store my "bash spot" tool box. Plenty of enough room.
106_1189.JPG

This shot shows the "endcap" on the kitchen/garage door side of the bench.
106_1190.JPG

That's it for now. Gonna work on Stage 4 sometime this week or next.

Here is mine. I bought work table that had been made from an old door. It's good and sturdy and give me lot of room for working on my Baja. The added bonus is that the inset means no more screws and roll pins rolling off the table and having to be chased around the garage!!! There is a smaller table that fits nicely under it to hold tools and parts. The light is a Craigslist special. Guy paid $120 for it and sold it to me for $45. It's very bright and well made (the table is a Craigslist special also)

IMG_0365-X2.jpg

The top shot is of the wrenching spot while working on my Baja. The next one shows a cleaner spot with a clear view of the under table.

20140601_235511-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Jam. I has also become my official hideaway spot!! I can relax, listen to some music and drink a brew!!

This is where I work on my trucks, I got the bench from a place i worked at and it fits in nicely. the bench is 9ft long and has a neat little light and top that I can store more junk on top of.....

DSCN7437.jpg

DSCN7438.jpg

Well part of taking the kiddos in was I lost my room inside the house, so my son and I made a spot in the garage for me to have my toys and a workspace in. i got my computer,tv and all my boyz out here along with my toolboxes from work.... out here is MY AREA and everybody know it too :lmao:

may as well make myself comfy while I am here I have a corner desk with the tv on it along with my computer and camera spot so i am happy with it, gets a lil cold in winter , but a small propane heater makes it comfy in short order most days.....
Wife says all I need is a bed and I could live out here all the time :) but she is kiddin me I think...

I don't care enough about TV to have one in my garage. I love music, so on the lower table I have a set of speakers for my IPOD so I can sing while I work. I put a fridge as tall as the table next to it and stocked it with beer. My little area has become a nice little hangout when I want to get away from everyone.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Here's my rc workshop it's good to have a place to get away for some alone time

Thanks and my wife wonders why I spend so much time out there I have music and a beer fridge so I'm all set.

Latest posts

Members online

Back