Show us your wrenchin' spot (pic please )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
table1vh.jpg

table2f.jpg

table3c.jpg

Is there an award for "messiest work bench"?

Do I win?

The more pics of "wrenchin spots" from new members and old members who have changed from old to new spots, makes me get a jump on gettin mine done. Once I get my garage cleaned up, again, I'll get a pic of where it's gonna be built. And also try and get a pic of where I'm gonna put a mini paint booth w/exhaust for paint RC bodies. But, I can't do all this until after I get the walls built and insulated, along with the roof insulated. It's not fun workin in a 115* garage with no ventilation.

I just got fed up with my work area this past weekend and put up a temporary wall and a 4x8 sheet of pegboard:
photo_21.JPG

Unfortunately, it is already not enough - I will e stretching it the whole wall in a week or two - i need more room to hang vehicles :)

Bob

looks awesome bob, i might mimic something like that. got lotsa wall space but with the snowmobiles in the garage again I'm losing floor space...

Thanks... I have found I have what I am sure is not a unique problem - just wondering how you all figured it out :)

How do you keep parts for different vehicle models organized but still handy?

nice job bob i like how u have it layed out
so whats your total rc count lol
nice start of a crawler u have hanging there and of course nice 1/5th scale conversion hanging to the right then of course the blitz with the goosebump tires on jconcepts rims :lmao: i know to much about that blitz don't ask me how i know lol
for parts i usally put them in organizers by them selfs for each truck
then just lable them

I just got the garage workshop finished! Hopefully I will have enough room now! Much better than what I had in post #219 All HPI except for 1 Traxxas to train the baby girl!And yes that is a heli on the rack! You guys talked about them so much I had to try it.
New_Garage.jpg

Yep! Everything I got is running now! I do have a few parts I got from some of you guys for upgrades but waiting until after this weekend! Got a no limit style race to attend! 88 Your parts should be here soon! I got plenty to do-2 motors to rebuild, body to paint, cabinet door to make, and I got a RC trailer outside that needs some love too!!!

unlike my shed, i have been meaning to clean it up, but every time i do it ends up the same. At least i know where everything is :nutshot:

lol... thanks, it needs a clean out.
I used to use the top part, but now thats where all the junk gets stored...

Its not till you post the pics that you realize.... maybe i should have cleaned that, or i should have put that away...lol

Well heres a few pics of my little corner hideout. Finally got something out of the way from my daughter and Barbie and the princesses.
:ninja:

IMAG0144.jpg

IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

Got my beasts up on the wall.
IMAG0147.jpg

And the revos by themselves.
IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

I'm somewhat of a tire hoarder, lol
IMAG0150.jpg

For the most part Ive got plenty of room to do whatever wrenching I need to do.

All new spot for me

002-2.jpg

001-1.jpg
'

Aquarium stand and some 3/4" plywood.

Finally got some time and mainly money to get started on the wrenchin spot for the garage. Can't fully say it's my spot cuz my wife will be usin it too to work on her SC truck once see starts runnin it again. I'll post the pics of what I had when we lived with my sister and then I'll post the pics of where the bench is goin in the garage in my wife and I's house. So far, all I've got done is the walls. Gonna start on the bench tom. mornin.

Old comp desk turned into a work bench.
DSC00016.jpg

Shelf I put up for extra storage
DSC00019.jpg

Here are the pics for the new work bench area.

View standin right next to the door goin into the garage from the kitchen.
106_1174.JPG

Standin in the same area, just further away from the door.
106_1172.JPG

View standin right next to the garage door lookin straight down the wall.
106_1175.JPG

Standin in the same area, just further away from the garage door for more of an angle.
106_1173.JPG

The bottom of the window in the first and last pic is gonna be the top height of the bench. A little higher than a desk and a little lower than your standand kitchen counter/cabinet height. Judgin from all the different benches I've used to work on, the height of the new bench should be just perfect. I'll post pics once the bench is up.

Stage 1 of the new work bench is complete. Gettin ready to start on Stage 2 once I'm done with this post. Enjoy the pics.

Near garage door comin from the kitchen. Far angle shot.
106_1176.JPG

Same area except along the wall and bench level shot.
106_1177.JPG

Near garage door standin on my ridin mower for a more angled shot.
106_1178.JPG

Same area, but standin near the garage door and a more level shot.
106_1179.JPG

Hope you enjoy the pics and Stage 2 will be posted once it's complete.

My setup has changed quite a bit, i will clean things up and try to get a picture up today

Latest posts

Members online

Back