Show off your Savage XS!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firedcylinder

Since it doesn't look like we have a showoff thread I thought I'd start one.

I don't have many pictures since most of my mods are internal. List is below.
IMG_0286.JPG IMG_0287.JPG

Pro-Line Big Joe II on 2.2" Desperados
Castle Sidewinder 3
NeuCastle 1410 3800kv
Full set of Fast Eddy Bearings
HPI Orange Aluminum Shocks with 40Wt oil
HPI CVDs front and rear
HPI HD Cups on transmission output and diff inputs
HPI Sway Bars
50k diff oil in front and 100k in rear
Both diffs shimmed
HPI Camber links front and rear
Hitec Waterproof Servo

Future Mods:
Proline Body cap mounts
3s LiPo maybe

Here's mine. 100% stock as I just recently got it. (BTW I run the antenna tucked). Running 2s. Probably get tires and shocks first assuming nothing breaks. I'll upgrade to CVDS as well.

Attachments

• 20160717_140841.jpg
    20160717_140841.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20160717_140145.jpg
    20160717_140145.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 14
I'll be posting mine as soon as I get it back together. Lol. 3s isn't very kind to these stock parts

20160825_185022.jpg

Current state :angry:
waiting for hd drive cups & cvd's --
24t pinion
32-60 idler
Hot Racing adjustable fronts (black)
Gpm c-hub (pink)
Gpm rear hub (silver)
Hot Racing servo saver assembly
3x Traxxas turnbuckles
Rc4wd rod ends (purple)
Gpm body mounts (purple)
Gpm aluminum front shocks (purple)
Yellow springs (med)
Stainless hardware (rc screwz)
Boom Racing full bearing set (rubber)
Traxxas 2075 servo w aluminum horn
Glitch buster
2.8 badlands on F11? wheels
2.8 dirt hawg on Jato wheels
2.2 dirt bonez on hpi spikes (black chrome)
3s 5000mah 30c Venom

Last edited:
Here's another savage xs
Reliable fun little rig gone though 3 bodies this is the 4th
PS bodies are farken thin crap

Mods - 8 shocks
HD diff cups
2075 servo
Spektrum AVC reciever
Big joe 2.2s

you can add strength to weak areas by using some shoogoo and scrap trimmings off bodies or even use portions of used shells also, makes for a much stronger shell....

Here's another savage xs

Mods - 8 shocks
HD diff cups
2075 servo
Spektrum AVC reciever
Big joe 2.2s

How does it handle after the shock mod? I would think it would be too stiff.

you can add strength to weak areas by using some shoogoo and scrap trimmings off bodies or even use portions of used shells also, makes for a much stronger shell....

I might actually try reusing the older bodies eh, usually just use dry wall and liquid nails glue, sometimes don't even worry

How does it handle after the shock mod? I would think it would be too stiff.

For what I use it for it's been a worthy upgrade really impressed with it. I wouldn't say it's too firm. Still bottoms out main thing it doesn't body slap as hard on small stuff but handles big stuff better

Does anyone know if a castle 3800 kv will fit in the XS? Have someone trying to sell me the motor and esc for $85, but if it won't fit or requires extensive work and/or gearing I'd rather just keep the money.

Does anyone know if a castle 3800 kv will fit in the XS? Have someone trying to sell me the motor and esc for $85, but if it won't fit or requires extensive work and/or gearing I'd rather just keep the money.
Well, if you had read the first post in this thread you'd know that I have that very setup in my xs. Now post pics of yours so you're not off topic.

I've been curious about that one, there's also an Avalanche body, but it looks to be more involved than I want to get right now. I'm also curious about the mini slash bodies & I just noticed there's a mini trophy truck body but it's a Ford

I've been curious about that one, there's also an Avalanche body, but it looks to be more involved than I want to get right now. I'm also curious about the mini slash bodies & I just noticed there's a mini trophy truck body but it's a Ford
Yeah it's been in my watch list for a while. Didn't know anyone who had used one, so I finally pulled the trigger and bought it. I'll let everyone know what I think.

Supposed to be here some time between the 6th and 14th. Hopefully I have time to give it a trial run or 2 before October. I'm scheduled for 16 straight 12 hours days starting the 1st of October.

That carbon fibre body looks interesting keen to hear how it's holds up
Yeah and at $48.50 shipped it wasnt much more than a normal body so I went for it. Probably won't hook up the lights. I'm not sure when I'd ever use them.

Picture as promised. Haven't slid it upside down on asphalt yet to see how well it holds up. Maybe I'll have time this weekend.

Attachments

• 20160906_173925.jpg
    20160906_173925.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 21
Nice! Thanks for the update.
Have we come to the conclusion that mini revo 1/16 bodies WILL fit? Or not?

I'm not sure. This one specifically said it's for hpi, there was another one that I didn't buy that said Traxxas.

20160924_161622.jpg
Got my truck back together w a few more mods. Is anyone else having trouble getting parts? I've been waiting for months now for hd drive cups. Was able to get cvd's, and most of the "normal" parts, but damn I'm having second thoughts on getting the new bullet flux. If I can't get optional parts, may as well get a rustler or stampede

View attachment 2462
Got my truck back together w a few more mods. Is anyone else having trouble getting parts? I've been waiting for months now for hd drive cups. Was able to get cvd's, and most of the "normal" parts, but damn I'm having second thoughts on getting the new bullet flux. If I can't get optional parts, may as well get a rustler or stampede
HPI says their current priority is to get parts back in the shops. I don't know how much success they're having with that.

They're not having very much luck. I ordered mid August, now it's pushed back to late November. Arrrrhhhggggg:mad::fight:
HPI says their current priority is to get parts back in the shops. I don't know how much success they're having with that.

Latest posts

Members online

Back