Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yepp- happened to me once-just reverse the bolts on that side it will help,Dave

yeah i kinda had it about 10 feet up in the air and landed it on that front corner. it just bent, and i did another one today by hitting a cement bump in the yard at the dorm.

wait till ya dads revo is run in then it will run u ova but then go 2 some jumps and waste him

58.jpg

60.jpg

what do you guys think of my savage? lol

man u really got your moneys worth out of that body!! lol

It happened to me so many times I got fed up and bought aluminum tanks no more leaks. I could have bought alloy tanks alot sooner if Id just done it instead of replaceing busted, punchured,and cracked tanks with plastic ones. One of the best investments I've made is the Alum tanks.

I was looking at the alum tanks,are they bigger and do they help the half tank lean problem.

You just have to rememeber to turn the screws around at the top of the shocks so the threaded end doesn't face your tank...That's what saved mine so much.

I did the same thing.The easy fix was a screw and small o-ring.Ihave been running it like that for awhile now without any problems.I will get a new tank soon.but it works.:yellowhack:

ChrisW420, Golden Horizons (tower hobbies) has a stock replacement, and RD Logics has a Bigger tank. Both are the same design as stock and I really don't know about the lean issue I don't recall having an issue with mine getting lean. but I may just not be paying attention. Both of them have a good mark where the bolt hits but no holes, Cracks, OR Leaks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would let it sit on the shelf before I put T-MAXX tires on it!! LOL Wait a min, they are the best part of a T-MAXX and even then you can shave them. NICE TRUCK just had to get that in.

went out in the mud today. Was having a great time at the gravel pit bashing with a couple of my buddies from the club track. Burned like 5 tanks before I decided to check out the mud.
243g9c2.jpg

I was flying through the mud having a blast untill my truck got in some deep stuff, realy deep stuff. I gunned it to power out of there but my A arms were already swamped so I wasnt going far. All of a sudden I see sparks shooting out fron the bottom of the TVPs by the tank. What the...! So I waded out to get my truck. But when I got it out she wasnt running right anymore. I thought it was all the mud I had picked up so I drove through a puddle or three and washed off 10 pounds of mud. But it was still running very slow and wasnt right at all.:dunno: So I decided to try and find out where the sparks had come from. I didnt have to look long before I fould this......
kapyms.jpg

And the inside. Where did my shoes go?!?!
6fnhmr.jpg

There is whats left of them. I guess.....

11ii991.jpg

All in all a great day bashing. I guess alloy shoes arent made for that kind of abuse. :bigsmilie: One of these days I will remember my camera and get some action shots out there.:10:

Wow thats serios carnage on the clutch. I wonder what made the shoes come apart like that. Well you needed a new clutch anyhow. lol, If you didn't, you do now!

Nice clutch carnage. Looks like they just melted under the heat. I would say go nova but with the way you ate those shoes, I am going to guess that you will eat the bell with them.

Funny that you would suggest Nova shoes because I already have some. I just don't know about the weights that come with them. How many to run and in what holes.
My truck was stuck in the mud half way up the TVPs (I didnt know this from where I was 40 feet up on a pile of rocks) so I just held it WOT watching the mud fly. Than the sparks started to fly as well.:whipit: That in combination with a seized bearing I had in one of the rear hubs must have allowed the shoes to overheat.
I just don't get how all that aluminum made it out of the CB.:hardlaugh:

WOW! i would like to know how the aluminum got out of the CB too!! thats some really nice carnage there!!! and all ive heard is good things about the nova shoes so i would go with them.

Also you clutch shoes get very hot ant then cooling them down rapidly with the mud would have weakened them I would think. What brand of clutch shoe were they?

I would say adding the mud caused them to bind up quite a bit. They probably just broke apart and departed through the cluthbell holes. The sparks were from the springs rubbing the bell.

Well, I was trying to make a jump video and started off going big. Oh the lessons life learns me! What I thought was some simple damage got better the more I looked into it. Enjoy, while I cry in the fetal position.

Started out like the usual damage.
100_1570.jpg

Fuel line, no biggy.
100_1572.jpg

Shifted the carb, oops!
100_1571.jpg

Took out the rear brake, wouldn't be the first time.
100_1579.jpg

Now for the money shot!
100_1584.jpg

Yup, the block is destroyed. Haven't looked internally as I'm too sick to continue. This shuts me down for a good long time as I have no job currently. Chad, never mind on the eng mount, I got bigger fish to fry. Good luck to all with the video, the competition just got smaller! Wish I had the wreck on film for you guys to enjoy, but my camera girl was slacking. :duh:

That is alot of damage! Atleast it went out doing what it was supposed to, BASHING! Just to bad we can't see it on tape to share in the experience. Good luck with the rebuild.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back