Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My questions are though, what's the best way to stop the shock tower from flexing so much? I don't want to go alu cause I will just break it.
Theres not much you can do, I would get the nova or flm shock tower, but you already said you don't want to get alu. Learn to love the flex.

My other question is with the sav x bumper arms that hold in the top hinge pins. What stops these from moving and allowing the hinge pin to fall out? I had one move and thankfully I didn't loose the pin but the arm came out. Do people normally put a cable tie on them or is there something I'm missing?
Yes use a zip-tip, rubberband, whatever you got. I use 2 really thick zip-ties on each bumber, so 4 total on the truck. I may have a picture, if not it's pretty self explanatory.

also, this has been brought up several times before, but for anyone not aware, it's always best to reverse the screws that hold the shocks to the tower (at least in the case of the rear ones)...put the hex-socket end towards the tank, and the protruding threaded end out the back...saves alot of gas tanks...

also, this has been brought up several times before, but for anyone not aware, it's always best to reverse the screws that hold the shocks to the tower (at least in the case of the rear ones)...put the hex-socket end towards the tank, and the protruding threaded end out the back...saves alot of gas tanks...
That's a great idea, cheap and easy, just like I like'em! I have been lucky not to take out a gas tank yet. Pure dumb luck I'm guessing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I promise as soon as she's running to make a video in honor of all the guys who have helped me. Don't think I'll be running in time for the contest but I'll try to entertain none the less.

That's a great idea, cheap and easy, just like I like'em! I have been lucky not to take out a gas tank yet. Pure dumb luck I'm guessing.

You skipped the gas tank and went straight for the engine!

Thanks guys. k0m0d067 the screws that went through the tank went threw head first. They also put a nice scratch on the header too. The main thing I'm worried about isn't the fuel tank, like I said it is being moved up the front very soon. The thing I'm worried about is when I finish my brushless savage the batteries are going to be close to that position. I don't want that happening to them.

Fxstrongside, that's what I wanted to know. I never had that happen on the old style savage bumper. HPI need to put better groves on the towers to hold the arms straight.

that tank looks fine, just slap some ducktape on it ;) jk

I realy wish I could find all the parts to one of the tanks I obliverated :) There was more parts of tank on the ground than the number of screws holding the truck together hehe

If you have money midtank it, I haven't broken a tank since :) For cheap just get a stock tank of ebay for next to nothing and get a gas tank skid.

That's what I'm planning to do savagegozoom. I bought the flm non-extended chassis for my brushless savage but it appears I need the extended one. So I am going to put the non extended chassis on this savage. I just need a few bits like servo plates and a tank and it will be done. Only thing stopping me from ordering is I am going to get the parts from SMF and I want to get an engine at the same time (saves a lot on postage to Australia).

A question for the mid tank mod though. I am going to do a fairly standard mid tank setup. I want to use the flm chassis with the flm servo plate up the front. The steering servo is going to be in the right servo hole. My question is will these tanks fit between the servo and chassis plates. And which tank lines up best with the holes that are already on the flm servo plate.
HPI 150cc Fuel Tank for Hellfire - #87505
http://www.smfstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=937
OFNA/Jammin' 150cc Fuel Tank - #40109
http://www.smfstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=939

And will these posts work with those tanks?
http://www.smfstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=32_135&products_id=239
I'm thinking they will probably be too short as they are for a 125cc tank.

Does anyone know if the cen tank will fit between the servo and the chassis plate or does the servo have to be mounted underneath. Also that looks like a really tall tank. It probably wouldn't sit to well on to of the servo plate anyway would it? I just want something simple and neat. I'm not too worried about run times as I just bash so filling up isn't really a problem.

Grrrrrr, i noticed the cooling fin damage but didnt see the hole in the tank!!!:duh: no cookie for shaun!!! lol

Does anyone know if the cen tank will fit between the servo and the chassis plate or does the servo have to be mounted underneath. Also that looks like a really tall tank. It probably wouldn't sit to well on to of the servo plate anyway would it? I just want something simple and neat. I'm not too worried about run times as I just bash so filling up isn't really a problem.

Yeah it fits check, out this midtank with the CEN 220cc tank.
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2155

OMG that's a huge tank. I'm thinking I might get a bunch of tanks if i can get them cheap and find which one I like best. Also visit the local shops and see what they have in stock.

Sounds good, you could remove your radio box and take your truck to the LHS and just "eyeball" the different tanks by holding them near your truck. That way you won't waste money on unnecessary tanks. No matter what mid-tanks are completely custom and are based on budget and preference. I'm sure it will look nice. Best of luck.

I can't say that I went through a fair share of tanks with the stock configuration. I believe it has everything to do with landing on the back of the truck. HARD.

Xtreme's savvy damage tread~updated as needed

Here's some damaged from when I was runnin my truck yest. trying to get it tuned better for next Sat. Don't know how it happened, but it did. I wasn't even in dirt, mud, or sand, just runnin it in the street.

100_0584.jpg

And this is from the last time about a month ago. Hitting a drain curb on two wheels (left side wheels that is) wasn't to good for the truck. And I wasn't to happy either.

100_0583.jpg

And yes, those are Integy MSR8's. Only the front one bent. And I'll post another photo later of more damage.

That sucks.........luckily I haven't had to buy new shocks or even rebuild them yet.......keyword in that sentence was YET.

Before we left for the Diggers Dungeon for the halloween event I was going through the truck and my front driveshafts looked just like the bottom ones.........

never knew it until I took them out since my front diff was bad......

As far as I know both of them can help you out on that.........

if they cant get you a rebuild kit then that kit that you posted looks good.

I know that's why I want that rebuild kit. It comes with all the o-rings, pistons, and new shafts.

$10 isn;t bad considering everything that it comes with.......You might be able to talk to Mega also about it.....not sure though.

Members online

Back