Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Does anyone out there got a 4.6 not of any use to'em. Don't got much to offer, thinking of selling my 18r and 18mt. Raced the 18r for 3 weekends and the 18mt has a brushless system. Both would come with tons of parts, and I mean loads. If there's any intrest I'll post in the buy/trade section.

"18mt has a brushless system"

what is this you speak of Parker # 2 ?

I have a strong 4.6k 3 gallon through it.

Dude that blows! One of my guys broke a Axial .28 case in 3 pieces. I have some retired .25 cases hangin around if you want to rebuild. Let me know.

Definetly interested guys. Excuse my ignorance, is the .25 and .28 blocks simillar? I know it would seem to me to be a small difference. Crash, the 18 mt has a mamba 25 esc and a c-4 dynamite 9000kv motor. It's actually too fast to handle, but a hell of alot of fun to try. The mt is what the majority of the parts is for, even have an unpainted mt body for it. Give me some time and I'll post pics.

I would like to help in any way I can, I don't have any 4.6's but I do have a pair of .21's Ofna Hyper 8ports, both need rebuilt 1 crank, rod & piston other needs just rod & piston, I also have the stock moter mount you can have, if this will help you just let me know..

If there is no internal damage, try JB welding it. There is a post somewhere on this forum of someone who did the same thing to an axial 28 and it worked like a charm. I thought he had over a gallon after the weld job. Just a thought, and good luck.

I'll tear the engine down further this weekend to see if I tore up the inside. Savageman46 is gonna take care of my block needs. I am in his debt! Thanks to everyone for the help, I would be dead in the water if it weren't for you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that happens, it's the nature of the hobby (and how you drive). You'll get over it and be back to bashing in to time. Try using a body that cover the engine, such as a jeep rubicon or a Pro-Line crowd pleazer.

I got the driving part down, it's the flying part that was giving me trouble! I've had my eye on the rubicon body for a while, I drive a jeep grand cherokee, and I definetly need to protect that head. As soon as I can spare it, I'll pick one up.

Sorry to hear about your truck Parker! But, grateful to see you using it as it should be. I got your pm's, jsut been pretty busy last couple of days. I worked 40 hours in two days, lol....I'll get back with you shortly, or you can call me at work again, I'm here now.

We have a member a few months ago that used JB Weld to repair his crankcase that he split into pieces. Maybe you could try that. If that doesn't work for ya then use duct tape, duct tape fixes all of life's problems.

tape_duct.jpg

That stinks on ice! Yer block looks just like my buddy's warhead that went 1 on 1 with a 1:1! Brand new motor - 3 tanks through it. The truck was only 3 weeks old.

It's all fun and games till somebody gets poked in the.......

hey i have a brand new .28 mach losi motor roto and pull start if ur interested

looks like u had some good fun by da way and wot happened wen da cask cracked did da motor just stall

New game.

Spot what's wrong with my savage. It's nothing as major as parkermarsh's recent damage or most of the other threads in here but definitely a show stopper.

IMG_0612.JPG

First one to spot the damage gets a cookie. I have some questions too that I will ask later along with a close up of the damage.

Yeah not the damage I was talking about but it is damage. You get my half eaten cookie. I did that by landing upside down on a crumbly rock. There were a bunch of rocks jammed in the cooling head after that. Keep looking.

That has to be the worst about this incident. It wasn't on tape. I hope you get the parts and have her back up and running for a re-enactment soon.

Crash wins a cookie. That's a pretty new tank too. There is no fixing this one with hot glue. I might fix my old one to get me going again though. I did this while trying to do back flips, my s25 really doesn't accelerate fast enough to do them. So after landing on my roof a few times I gave up. My next run off the jump, I came off upside-down, if I had been trying to do a back flip I would of pulled it off. As I wasn't I grabbed the brake and it landed hard on it's arse. The engine started sounding terrible (nothing new) and there was smoke coming out the back of the truck. Needless to say this is what I found.

My questions are though, what's the best way to stop the shock tower from flexing so much? I don't want to go alu cause I will just break it. This is the last tank I will buy of this sort as I want to go mid tank. My other question is with the sav x bumper arms that hold in the top hinge pins. What stops these from moving and allowing the hinge pin to fall out? I had one move and thankfully I didn't loose the pin but the arm came out. Do people normally put a cable tie on them or is there something I'm missing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please hold your apllause untill I'm dead...........................lol

sorry I don't have anymore insight to this, as far as the backflip.

You don't need much speed at all, just a steep ramp, when you just leave end of ramp gas it until it comes around then let off for landing.

good luck

Yeah I probably was going at the jump a little too fast. Problem is the truck really doesn't accelerate hard enough. I tried a couple of slower attempts and they came out worse. My engine is really poo (most likely my fault). I should show the video of my 25 getting absolutely spanked by a stock aftershock motor. I'm getting the axial .28rr for chrissy though :Xfingers:. Then it will be like this Savage > :stickspank: < LST.

Members online

No members online now.
Back