Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time I give butters one of my RC's it comes back broken. Last break was the rear diff.

I am useing this body not ITS REALLY STRONG no crakes yet!!!

sts_savage_017.jpg

I remember that truck . don't wanna remember that sts tho lol

glad to see you up and running again, my gravedigger body has save me many a day. cool panel sj

Is it possible to mount single shocks like this in the back set of mounting holes so when you do hit something head on it hits the a arm and not the shock post?

0828071423.jpg

its not mine, saw it in gallery and wondered if this type of damage could be avoided by positioning the shock in the back postion. ?

Yeah thats what people normally do, I don't know why this guy put them up front.

As you may remember Crash,... this is what I did.....
You can't see the mounting that clearly,but these front mounted shocks are in the rear position of the forward skock tower.

The rear tower has them in the rear position.

My_Rides_pics_004.jpg
My_Rides_pics_1001.jpg

Here,s a better shot of the forward tower setup... I found I got the most protection with this mount setup before I desided to switch to the much larger MSR 8's.

My_Rides_pics_1017.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I run them up front so my steering linkage isnt hitting them in sharp turns, if i run single shocks. On a crash like that it would probly dammage them even if there mounted in the rear posision.

MTbikerTim I run the acctual losi aftershock shocks on my savage there similar to the Lst and lst2 shocks I've also purchased a set of Integy MSR6 big bore shocks for the Aftershock.

I really don't think I'll go back to smaller bored shocks. but you never know.

Now, Now Be Nice! Lmao

Shaun...seriously, please check the public profile...this thread is WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY old...here's a direct quote from ProudSavageOwnr's profile:

Last Activity: 06-05-2006 09:48 PM

means I doubt he visits the forum anymore (he obviously hasn't since over a year ago)...

some threads should just fade into the archives quietly :)

Thanks For Enlightning Me To That I Didnt Even Notice!! Guess I Should Pay Better Attention! Lol DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

......... :moon:

Battle_Axe_0_Leg_1_002.jpg

Battle_Axe_0_Leg_1_001.jpg

I hit my leg coming out of a power slide, sweet. It did not hurt or leave a mark but............... you see the pics. lol

go ahead laugh, I did. who hits them self with a 13 pound savage ? Me Dang It!

I had repaired this side with epoxy last year, there was a small crack started. Thats what saved my leg, and the tire only hit me. Snapped rite off. Lucky I have those parts in the SPEED SHOP! lol

nice, not too great on the grass but fun on the street,

I was trying to speed check an lst and I got hit in the same way at full speed. I was surprised and so was everyone there that it didn't hurt at all. Thankfully all that hit me was the wheel but no damage done to either party.

Were you able to find the dog bone. Never done that on a savage but have done it on a few other cars and every time we either loose or bend the dog bone.

This ever happen to anyone else? The rear shock tower musta flexed forward enough that the bolt put a hole in the rear side of the tank. It's so nice it almost looks drilled :hardlaugh:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back