Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah bending them back is a good idea for a time but your truck isnt gonna run exact... you gotta buy tvps

That picture is some real carnage! No one can ever claim you don't drive your savage hard. You have a great attitude about it too. They break, it happens, get over it, fix it and drive it even harder next time.

So. Here's what happened. Me and my mate had just given the trucks a clean then decided to take em out for a drive about. we got 100 yards away from my house then we saw a set of steps with a nice long run up to clear the set of double steps. so my mate lined up the truck for the jump. set off at full throttle then!! Hit the steel post on the side of the steps at full throttle. oops!
truckcrash002.jpg

truckcrash006.jpg

truckcrash007.jpg
Deough!!!....Alright, Jimbo....step away from the truck... Ok, You know the drill,... Lets see some License, Registration, and Insurance, please....

R/C DUI anyone? honestly can you walk a straight line to pick up the pieces? hah well it happens to the best of us and yeah good attitude :40:

yup, if you need replacements ebay is the place. I got a deal on cool set from hotboddies for 7$ a few months back. Also I spotted a set of FLM extended lcg plates on there today.

heh. those were the replacements... that was the HPI LCG kit. I beat them back to shape, but that will just be a weak spot. I have the stockers yet, but I'm looking at the FLM. going to run it with what I have while I continue reading opinions on alternatives. meanwhile, I'll remember to stay away from the landing gear of parked semi trailers...

Was running the truck at a near by jobsite and noticed something just wasn't right about the truck. I would take off from a standstill and only the front tires would be kickin up dirt. Upon further inspection, dogbone was ruined and rear diff was ruined also from what I thought. After tearing down the diff, everything seemed fine but went ahead and did the cen upgrade anyway. Might as well do it since it's apart. Well, here's a pic of the dogbone.

100_0368.jpg

i think i have the same problem i just haven't taken my truck apart yet because i only have a little pit of rear wheel drive the other day wheni was runnin my truck it was a front wheel wonder

hows the dogbone you made going? you should replace it with one of those if its going good!
good luck 4x4

The one I made is working fine. I just got another dogbone that is going in the front once I finish rebuilding my diffs with the cen diff. I found the new dogbone one new era models website. Just right length I need for the front. I also already got a new dogbone for the rear. Maybe later on down the road I'll get the IRC Ultra HD rear ext. dogbone.

No, I actually plan on only doing half of the diff at a time. So it'll be a 4 part upgrade.

Yes I'm doing both at the same time. I have to get a new diff cup cuz the one I have is screwed up now.

Sorry I didnt update this thread. I got my TVPd from FLM in record time. 10 days from the time I sent mine off till the new ones were in my hands. They were nicely upgraded ones without that weak area in the back.

Congrats on the win, that's cool. Nice to see FLM stand by there products as well. Would you take a pic of the new TVps. Like to see where they redid the broken area and how they beefed it up.

thx

wow never had a engine do that before! good work by the way!! and my sympathy as well!!

congrats on the win! as hop said could we see some pics on where flm beefed the tvps up!
thanks 4x4

I had taken some pictures of them before they were mounted but they must have gotten erased. So here is one while they are mounted. I had a big race yesterday so my truck is still dirty.:coolone:
000_1068-1.jpg

000_1099.jpg

After the race we did some bashing too...
000_1096-1.jpg

000_1098.jpg

YEA BABY,,, Get'in Some air, Oregon!

Great apex shot. Avatar worthy, no doubt.

Latest posts

Members online

Back