Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure what it is, it just seems like my savage has more control or something, not sure
but id defenatly prefer mine over my dads

picalo.jpg

the meshing in between my engine and my muffler, i think the last time i rode it, i saw a little bit of smoke comming out of this crack
i did take it apart before, and put it back on, so maybe i didnt put it on good enough? i don't know
i also noticed that when i plug the end of the muffler to shut my truck off, it sometimes does not work anymore, because a little bit is leaking out of that crack i think.

picalo2.jpg

it looks like my dog bone is ripping apart that plastic thing, does it look alright to you guys?

you will want to fix both of those...

the first one will need a new exhaust manifold...available on eBay...

the second isn't a plastic thing, it's your transmission's output drive cup...also available on eBay...

of the 2, I'd say your exhaust should be your first fix, as it's probably robbing your engine of some performance...actually, after having a second look at the picture, you may just need to clean it really good, and replace the gasket...

yeah i think so too komo
but i think i will just need to clean the exhaust, because I'm pretty sure i didnt break nothin, yet
its just i really suck at putting it on.. i mean, that spring is a biotch!
but whats the output drive cup broken from?

I have a question for you kevinmuff. Do you ever clean you engine? All that dirt and oil will cause your mill to overheat also it can cause hot spots. The engine is one part of my savy i do keep clean because of that reason. Just my two cents take it for what it is worth.....

the drive cup is ok for now, the next time you do a tear down i would replace it, that is just normal wear and tear on standard cups, they do make HD cups to replace it. I have to agree with X25 about cleaning, my truck aint pretty but i keep the motor as clean and gunk free as possible with an old toothbrush and nitro blast or denatured alchohol(don't get those on electronics)

yeah x25, i haven't really had my truck for long, and I'm kinda new to it all
but thanks for telling me, I'm gettin familiar with my truck more and more
and now everytime i take off the engine, ill clean it

and ill leave the drive cups for now, and i looked at the exhaust, and the rubber thing thats between the exhaust, and the engine is kinda ripped because of how i put it on last time, but i kind of fixed it, and it will work fine now

Not trying to tell you what to do Kevin but i would get a new silcone gasket. they are cheap at your lhs. Running it like that robs your milll of power and can cause tuning issues. Also it can cause alot of heat on the backside of you engine with it leaking. For as cheap as the part is i would go ahead and replace it before it tears up something that cost more. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Well SJ you are also harder on diffs then anyone on this site. LOL sorry i had to say it. No hard feelings

wow man if thats the case pull out in front of her. while shes has the truck wide open throttle. That's what I would do.

LOL that is true. but come on "bro" you have to admit you was having a good run of bad luck with diffs were you not?

My savage looks remarkable similar. My engine is a bit cleaner but not much. Definitely replace the gasket they are cheap even in Australia and that's saying something. My gasket failed after a bad landing and that's exactly what my manifold looks like now. I could tell mine wasn't sealing by the amount of oil around the back of my engine after a run. My drive cups also look very similar to yours.

Does anyone know what can clean that gunk off the manifold and the exhaust? I have hit mine with nitro cleaner (useless and expensive) and carby cleaner (more effective but still no go on the manifold).

well, the nearest hobby shop is a hour away, so once i go there i will buy a new one
and as well with mt biker tim, my engine is leaking alot of oil, or something out the back as well
is this because of my gasket too?

For some reason i only have breaks on my back two wheels
and i haven't really tested it out all that much yet, but i believe that my back two wheels are the only ones that actually get power to as well
any reason for this?

yeah, its been the pins many times with me, I'm not sure what you mean by "diffs" and by wheel hexes, you mean the nut that goes into the actual tire, right?
if so, that is not the problem ither

check that you front diff (ring or pinion gear) hasn't stripped and the hex on the inside of the wheel not the outside nut. Most likely it is a pin screw on the dog bone cups.

oil out the back can be attributed to the faulty gasket, and/or your back-plate as well...if you haven't sealed your engine, it'd be a good idea...even if the oil isn't coming from the backplate...

the "diffs" or differentials are the gear-boxes in the front and back that transfer the power from your in-line drive train, to your axles/wheels...your ring and pinion gears (as mentioned by JT) are located inside the differential...

it's the lumpy thing between the axles, both front and back...LOL

You will need to check the small bevel gear that turns the larger gear. It is what the front driveshaft turns inside the plastic housing.

Latest posts

Members online

Back