Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i didnt really even have to take the whole thing apart even
i think i found what was wrong
the little gear in the back which is kind oof out of focus is broken, right?
brokediff.jpg

yep thats called the pinion.. it does look broken..... was the diff making any noise ? anyway thats the problem.. take the diff all apart, and also chack the small bevel gears inside the diff case

both the gears the, ring gear.. and the pinion gear are trashed and need replaced.

LOL that is true. but come on "bro" you have to admit you was having a good run of bad luck with diffs were you not?

I go through diffs like mad as well. Could be the amount of air SJ and I regularly find that has something to do with the diff failures. I have personally seen SJ's truck flying high and landing hard. He's a pro basher.

all Savage diffs will fit any other Savage...only difference between the one linked and yours is the diff case/bulkhead...it will fit, but replaces your existing case and bulkhead with a one-piece unit (and if you're lucky, it'll be the easy access case)

well, the nearest hobby shop is a hour away, so once i go there i will buy a new one
and as well with mt biker tim, my engine is leaking alot of oil, or something out the back as well
is this because of my gasket too?
Most if not all the oil is definitely coming from the leaky gasket. The oil is way higher then the backplate. I just cant work out how to get all the burnt on gunk off the manifold.

I think I have an idea. burnt stuff with oil. If anything can remove it oven cleaner will.

yeah, I was wondering about oven cleaner as well...gonna have to let us know how it works Tim...keep us posted...

I would second that on getting a hole new diff assembly if you can. If you have access to ebay you can get a new compleat diff cheap just make sure its for a older savy and not a X diff. That would be the best way to go, its better than just fixing the old one, then you no everything is new in there and it insures that you will not have a prob for a while.

Carefull with the oven cleaner as it will remove any anodizing on your head and attack plastic. Use a toothbrush and scrub it on carefully to area you want to clean.

Carefull with the oven cleaner as it will remove any anodizing on your head and attack plastic. Use a toothbrush and scrub it on carefully to area you want to clean.

Thanks for the info. the oven cleaner will only be used on the exhaust manifold and possibly the exhaust itself but that info is good to know. I may try other options first.

Just had my first win this last weekend. It was fathers day and had a good day at the races. Qualified 2nd all day (darn Revos!) so wasnt expecting to do much better than that. But pulled out front in the beginning of the race and didnt see him again. :FarleyParty: I did have an LST land on top of me during the main when he went cartwheeling after a bad jump. I think thats what caused my little problems I found on teardown...

Congrats for sure on the win, sorry about the bum TVP's, guess that's why I never cared for them much.

I did send the TVPs in today. Hopefuly they will be replaced by the time I have my next race. I don't want to have to race the basher.

I hope you get your replacement quicker than they took on getting me, mine.

is this thing suppose to be loose like this?
mind you, when i drive, for some reason i don't have front wheel drive, or breaks?
what am i supopse to put in here to attach it to the other thing so that i have front wheel drive?
brokenidontkniow.jpg

yeah you can loose those now and then. Chech them from time to time to be sure that they are really tight. A good set of hex driver tools helps.

ah, she did a good job.

theres a way to fix that pipe if u didnt already toss it.

seal it after filling it with water, toss it in the freezer

yeah, i use it with the pins in the other holes
the smaller ones
but ive never had a problem with these ones
so ill use it for them too

Latest posts

Members online

Back