Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats why I always tell people to run SUV, rubicon or bronco bodies. I did that once. A pickup truck body or that plastic cage that HPI sells just wont cut it. Now you can get you a shiny new Axial .32:D.

I have the sure fire and love it cant afford the axail or a new sts just need a block and bearing the sts was just broke in with 1 gallon

Thanks again guys I hope u enjoyed my missory

I have a new block comming so the sts will rise again Youll c

yes X25 I order that block it came w/ both bearings so I went for it THANKS for felping me find it ....

Rebel rc stupid me didn't have my body on at the moment.. I know next time IAM retarded!!!!!!!!!!

For some reason today my motor was running like crap. It would cut out at random times and then come back in with gobs of power. Most of the time that meant wheelie time...well this wheelie took its toll on the motor. The motor was only 2 months old :bang:

Ill let the pictures do the talking.

savage011.jpg

savage013.jpg

savage014.jpg

savage015.jpg

at least iam not the only one w/ bad engines problems ( I feel ya man )

Do u think a new crankcase would be all u need ???? sorry man that sucks

what do u think caused the problem axail might replace it u never know

I'm thinking there may have been a crack in it somehwere beforehand. Cause sometimes it would act weird and I could never trace it down. I guess I can try calling them, but I don't think they will replace it.

There's been some serious motor carnage lately. That has to be under warranty.........right? Did it just snap all of a sudden or what?

That was no defect, just look at the head. Anytime you take a hit like that on the cooling head, you can count on crankcase damage. The crack may have been there from a previous run, that is why it wouldnt hold a tune.

no problem RO glad i could help. wish i could take all the credit but jt gave me that link about 3 days ago. i am glad he did so that i could help you.

Like I said dude, I did the exact same thing. Killed my P&P S-.25 which I dearly loved, and bent my motor plate and braces. I actually had a body on at the time, but it was the stock savage body, which will not protect well. I learned my lesson and it cost me bashing time half the summer because money was tight that year. I feel bad for ya, I really do. Now I am all about the rubicon body because there is no way to hit the cooling head with that baby on there.

If thats the case mine held up rather well I gess only haveing a crack... most of the hit was broken by the engine plate00witch broke, and the motor mount that craked in about 4 peices

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I made sure I ran my body today don't want the surefire cracking THANKS AGAIN TOO ALL for being human and careing ... I know stuff like this happenes its all part of the hobby

My condolences to you.All Part othe game. If you aint breakin stuff, you aint playin hard enough tho.

If thats the case mine held up rather well I gess only haveing a crack... most of the hit was broken by the engine plate00witch broke, and the motor mount that craked in about 4 peices

It all comes down to luck. Believe it or not, I have seen them worse than this one. I saw a rossi that looked like a pile of aluminum chunks lol. All from not running a body on a savage.

There was a dude at the LHS that came in and bought a brand new OS .30, broke it in, and 1/4 tank after break-in, wheelied it too hard on a rock bed and busted his crankcase. I would be sick to my stomach if I spent that much on a motor and broke the crankcase that quick.

Latest posts

Members online

Back