Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really thats stupid do u know how much he sold what ever he sold for ???

look at the feedback of the 2 people that bid...i'd pretty much guarantee that the auction was never paid for...

Hey I have the same fule tank guard looks like it held up well NICE yea how the hell did u loose the pipe NICE MAN SAVAGE RULES

:axed:
did a jump today... not big but my brand new 4.1 is now cracked.... engine mount cracked.. wtf... these pos engines got warranty ?:shocked:

did you go over all your bolts to make sure nothing was loose prior to jumping? I do this about every 4 runs. Loose mounts can crack obviously due to the vibrations. Either way, at least it's only a mount...That's an easy fix.

heh wish it was only the mount the 4.1 has a big dirty *** crack in it to :)
and yea my savage is 2 tanks new after run in.. checked bolts just before i ran out for the run.
no hell idea what caused it but shes screwed now. oh well engine upgrade ideas anyone ?:):DJjam:

if you're replacing the engine, sell me the broken one cheap :D see my "wanted" thread...

edit: mebbe not...can't seem to find anyone selling a crankcase cheap...

Last edited by a moderator:
The only way to crack the crankcase is to land on the engine head. That is why I always recommend running an SUV body, or something that puts the head under the body. Just a little tip for next time. I have seen a wheelie go bad and a crankcase get cracked. Check out the Axial .28, I have one and love it.

I had a run in with a 25 foot cliff and some nice boulders at the bottom a couple years ago which put an end to my hpi .21bb. anyway i replaced it with a OFNA PICCO Outlaw .26. its a great engine and now they have a .28 model you might wanna check that out.

Nothing is indestructable. If you can't break it you arn't tryiing hard enough. The savage in my opinion is as tough as they come. My neighbor runs traxxus trucks and they don't hold up like the savvy. he's constantly buyin a arms, bulkheads, shock towers ect... I've broke my share of parts but nothing like the tmaxx and revo next door.

ah well least i get a enw motor :D
sts .30 is looking good..
thoughts ?

Yeah, the Savage is as close to indestructible as they come, but they're not quite there, obviously. You might want to consider the old-school aluminum roll bar (HPI #86129) for your X. The plastic one is nice, but it does flex and give under a heavy load, exposing your engine to damage. The aluminum one can bend as well, but it takes a lot of force to do so. I've had a Savage for four years and beat the piss out of it and never had an engine crack like that.

the rollbar does help, but I had just put the new 4.1 in one of mine, barely had it broke in, well somehow as the truck was doin frontflips down the street. At about 3 from being done I hear a POP, as it rotated around again here comes my brand new motor, ejecting out the truck, as I run over to check the damage. I here my neighbor (the traxxus guy) laughing his a** off, elated that I finally broke something. Luckily just the mount and the plate, had it up and running 20 min later. But was cringing, Thinking I'd just lunched my new motor.

:eek:wned:

:buttshake: :DJjam:
bahha working in a metal factory warehouse has its advantages. metal apoxy ftw engine has no leak :D
took it for a run this afternoon. broke a spur gear but :happies: all round :)
motor works. figure if its busts i buy a new one.
ordering the robinsons metal spur and clutch right now.
and since I'm a :dienewb: ill get my lhs to mesh and set it for me :D that or the guy that delivers stuff to work.
go team savage :)
once again a happy savage owner :)

he's referring to Maxx-Savage's Siggy "THEIR COMING!!!!!!"

and just a head's up Maxx, that's the possessive, meaning "belonging to them", you should change it to "THEY'RE COMING!!!!!!" as that's the contraction for they are...sorry...schools out, class dismissed...LOL

I have to say now that i have sold my savage I am pretty glad. It is a money pit. As far as pretty indestructable they are no where near. Too many stripped spur gears, broken diff ring and pinion gear teeth, cracked arms, shock towers, fuel tank... the list goes on. I know nothing is indestructable but there are better made stock trucks out there.

don't get me wrong i liked my savage as a starting point for monster trucks, I may get one in the distant future again but it wont be anytime soon. And it wont be because i want a better truck, possibly to bring back some memories!

lol check this first little crak was done a bit ago :)

100_0835.jpg

100_0843.jpg

well the above link is the bits i picked outa my frame without undoing any screws bar 2
100_0845.jpg

my new crack.... well hole now :)
100_0846.jpg

the cooling head after the top two fins snapped off :)
sts .28 and engine mount be here monday :)
rofl
*shakes fist*
"Damn you gravity you win again!"
LogS.

hey? is that a 25 motor? I might be willing to rebuild it, if you're willing to sell it for the cost of shipping it to me...

I've got a "wanted" thread in here somewhere, looking for people's broken mills to rebuild, for a project I'm working on, but they've gotta be cheap or free (I'd pay shipping of course)...

let me know if you're interested...

nah its a 4.1 outa a savage x. only the mill is cracked. rest is fine. prolly gunna rip it downand sell bits off :)

Latest posts

Members online

Back