Savage XL Nitro Convert into Flux!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really in a hurry! if anyone got a link or parts number to what kinda gear that is, I'm gratefull!

Ok so you are staying with the savage transmission then ? if so that vid shows you how to convert your transmission to a single speed trans, that gear you refer to should already be in your tranny and is the only part reused in the conversion.... simply build as he shows and reinstall into the trans case

I bought the single speed rebuild kit on ebay (hpi) BUT the gear i refeer to aint inside my tranny or it did not come with it.. so I'm stuck -.-

This is how my "original" gearbox looks like from the 5.9 XL

Attachments

• IMG_2362.JPG
    IMG_2362.JPG
    850.6 KB · Views: 6
Ok so from what I gather is you are going to use the 3rd gear going from left to right and none of those other parts....

I thought the kit would do so i get it like on the video, a single speed flux gearbox! The clue is i miss one of the gears HE has in his video on his 2 speed tranny, and i don't :S

so you got the same kit as on the video all you should have to do is reuse the 3rd gear from left and the rest of the parts in the kit to accomplish the same thing he did on the vid....

Yeah but the gear on my left aint the same as he use! Wich doesnt fit..

Attachments

• IMG_2363.JPG
    IMG_2363.JPG
    802.2 KB · Views: 5
use the one next to that gear, is 4 gears on that shaft right. so use the 3rd one from the left and install as the vid shows

Thats also an incorrect gear.. I don't got the right gear as showed in the vid :p It may looks like that, but thats just my wheel bearing

you got the same kit as what is in the vid right ?
should be 1 big gear and 3 pins and 3 clips and a shaft and a couple shims

Okay now il mount it up so you can see what i mean!
See? :-D It wont go! I miss a gear, cus i clearly got a different tranny then he does! No clue why

Attachments

• IMG_2367.JPG
    IMG_2367.JPG
    880.7 KB · Views: 9
I know i miss a pin and stuff there, but its just to show i lack a gear..

yours is a 3 sp unit, but should have the phantom gear you are supposed to be using.... use the gear next to that one and it should be correct

Ah well, it aint here! You got any clue whats the parts number on it? Maybe il get it shipped asap

Well then by all means get that gear, I am not sure if the 3 sp and 2 sp trannys use different gears on the cluster or not....

Haha sorry for all the chit chat! :-D Gear + greas + shims are ordered!

Is ok I guess I was just a bit confused at first by what you were trying to get across... Hope it all works out for your conversion to be complete

The guy in the video has a savage X style 2-speed transmission. That came with the drive gear you want:
http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/86084

The problem is that you have a savage XL, which comes with a 3-speed transmission that has a different drive gear:
http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/86365

It looks like you are ordering the correct item. Hopefully you are good to go now.

Yeah i think it will sort out!
One question, the servo i ordered is waterproof right? x)
Savox SC-1256TG High Torque

Cant seem to find that gear in any of HPI's cataloges .. Hmm, cus mine looks a lot thinner then the original Flux one?

Yeah i think it will sort out!
One question, the servo i ordered is waterproof right? x)
Savox SC-1256TG High Torque

The Savox SC1256TG is not waterproof. If waterproof is what you're looking for then the Savox SW-1210SG is the comparable waterproof model.

Ah okay that wasnt planned...
Il just use it untill it breaks -.-
I guess i can Plastidip it? I wont be driving in lakes, but maybe in some small wet conditions!
About the gear i posted picture of, anyone know the parts number on the flux version?

Iknow that! But look at my pic its the gear in the bottom of the gear box.. Uploaded a pic

just a suggestion for ya, why not just pickup a 2 sp gearbox from a Savage X and then convert it to use the single speed gearz... in this way if you wanna switch it back someday you will just have to reinstall the XL trans and swap a few other parts to make it nitro again.....

Iknow that! But look at my pic its the gear in the bottom of the gear box.. Uploaded a pic

What are you asking here? I told you what the gear was that you posted a photo for. I also told you what gear is in the flux.

Latest posts

Members online

Back