Savage XL Nitro Convert into Flux!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Tekin is going to well out of your price range but here is a Tekin T8 2150Kv that would be insane. I've seen a couple others use a Tacon 2150 or a similar HobbyWing that you linked in the first post. The last two brands are going to be much cheaper.

Okay thanks alot! Do you have any links to the engine/ esc you recomand? Sorry for asking so much but I'm a big noobie at this atm! :D

I linked you my recommendations in post #2.

X if that fits with my engine mount.. i think il just buy that! So i got the best and don't need to upgrade soon! U agreed?

If you know what you want to achieve, and have the funds to do it, you'd be disappointed if you do anything but the best. :)

I totally agreed! I just didnt want to put THAT much money in my "2nd" car.. But! I guess this motor kit eats up my vorza? Atleast hope! hehehe

I totally agreed! I just didnt want to put THAT much money in my "2nd" car.. But! I guess this motor kit eats up my vorza? Atleast hope! hehehe
Is this combo Waterproof??? if not... I'm really not sure on pewpew on it..

Provide sufficient battery power and that castle setup will do all and more than you could ever want. Just make sure to post up when you get it installed and do a review of your new setup. We'll all be interested to see how it does for you.

Oh yeah, as i get all the parts il post up pic's off the build and startup vid/ first try if i manage to fix the old car! :D But it is WP right??
You guys know of any cool bodys? My original body looks like crap!! its hpi orange and its 5+ years old rofl..

Yes I believe the castle stuff is waterproof....

Is this combo Waterproof??? if not... I'm really not sure on pewpew on it..

I took the following from the castle webpage:

"It’s time to meet Monster 2, he’s just as mean as his older brother but he likes to get wet. That’s right; the Mamba Monster 2 ESC is now potted by the good people at Castle in Kansas City. Users can run their vehicles through the morning dew, down the muddy road, across the soggy snow or just about anywhere else you’d be interested in running a 1/8th scale RC buggy or truck."

You will be fine getting it wet. Just remember though, even "waterproof" electronics can go bad with enough water.

When I was working as a mechanic I would buy tools from the Snap On dealer, inside his truck was a sign that read " BUY THE BEST and CRY only once"
I find this runs true in the hobby also....

Yes, that's the correct kit.

As an aside, please watch your language. This is a family friendly forum, so I modified your post a little.

should be pretty much mount the new stuff and start tearing up what ya have, I would however do a full teardown and inspection of what is going to stay on the rig for sure tho, diffs and shocks and drives will take a beating with high HP stuff, especially running 3 s batteries...
Keep a picture record so ya can post up the build here on the forum...

Wooopzi, I'm sorry! :(
Edit me if I'm wrong! :-D

The kit is ordered. it should arrive in 1-3 weeks it says.. lets pray for a quick shipment!! Just hope my engine mount fits the engine x)

is all good, and you now must change the terminology you are using , the engine is gonna go and be replaced with motor now :D Engines burn fuel, motors use electricity... :lmao:

haha what you mean about terminology, I'm not THAT good in translation x) :D

I got the Spectrum Dx3c wich i also bought a new reciever to put in the car!! cant wait

terminology just means what one is calling an object, eg an engine instead of a motor, they accomplish the same thing using different drive systems :D

BTW, a fan for the ESC is coming with the kit right? so I'm not stuck without a fan?? maybe a plastic mount aswell? or i buy tht seperate?

The fan is attached to the top of the ESC already. it's under that vented portion in the center.

Ah okay!
haha reading some stuff online here, that ANY plastic parts will snap instant with this setup! haha.. god I'm exited

As far as plastics the suspension parts on the Savage are pretty strong, but RPM sells a arms for the truck, I would stay away from alloy parts for most all the suspension, as they move the stress point to some other part.... so in other words the plastics give somewhat and alloy does not give at all therefore breaking something else in the chain....
I would start with all stock stuff and upgrade as needed.....

haha what you mean about tht rcnut? =D

Yeah il go with the stock plastic! I ordered some rpm parts to have as spares!

My rear/front diff + drive shafts they all fit into this conv right? Only thing i know is i need to rebuild my transmission, those parts arrive in 1-2 weeks! So scared if something wont fit

Okey i hope they do :-D
Ordered new rpm skid plates aswell since mine are lost!

Latest posts

Members online

Back