Savage XL Nitro Convert into Flux!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some guys says the CC combo is 110% identicall to the stock vorza setup? Is it or is there some difference? Exept that its WP

Some guys says the CC combo is 110% identicall to the stock vorza setup? Is it or is there some difference? Exept that its WP

I think HPI gets their esc and motor stuff from castle, is just branded as their item.... I could be wrong on this, but remember reading that somewhere...

I would use the time waiting on it all to get to you by cleaning and checking the truck out and see if anything needs attention.....

yes, jam, ur correct. hpi gets most of it's stuff from castle. hope it works out for ya, kim

M2! Just annoyed i could bought original virza eng/esc for a muuuch smaller price

No reason to be annoyed the stock HPI flux motor and ESC cost as much if not more than what you paid for the castle stuff.

Hehe well! Their abit cheapee b
No reason to be annoyed the stock HPI flux motor and ESC cost as much if not more than what you paid for the castle stuff.[/QUOT

Well, its not tht big of a deal! Only thing i need now is wheels and tires! I'm mainly on different surfaces, gravel dirt and some small tarmac areas!

Not from what I am finding. The Blur ESC and the Tork 2200kv motor both run from $130- $180 each. You paid substantially less.

Ah okay! is 3.8" to big for my savage? I think proline mashers look epic! But arnt they much bigger then stock?

Not from what I am finding. The Blur ESC and the Tork 2200kv motor both run from $130- $180 each. You paid substantially less.

Pretty exited! All parts should arrive withing 20th october! 4 new rpm suspension arms, when i get some cash from sold parts il buy the Savox servo and big bore shox! Are the plastic ones : http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HPI-SAV...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58b5ca6783

Or should i go for the: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-A720-Al...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item540d77a714

For tires i got Proline masher 3.4" i think from my local dealer.. bit more expensive then online but couldnt help it..
Also bought a 2nd reciever for my Dx3c controller!

Just got my 3.8 proline wheels and original Desperado rims! Do you guys glue this on or do you buy rims like

• $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
Axial AX8014 40 Series

Where you don't have to glue, just attatch the ring and ur good 2 go?

Great thread thx X!!
Wheels are glued and mounted!!
Il upload pic when I'm back home in 1hr

Ive bought 44T spur gear! What pinion should i go for? Since i got big joe tires ppl recomand 17t? or?

I also bought the:
Savox SC-1256TG
The stock one on my vorza broke down, so i got the savage servo on the vorza and il get the Savox for my savage since i got 3.8" tires now! Guess that will do it.
Starting to be an expensive project! Give me a note/ hint on other nice upgrades!
As i may sad, all susp arms are ordered in Blue RPM style! Last big upgrade i need is shocks.

Last edited:
44 seems small, I would go with a 47 or 48 then use a 16 tooth bell should be good to go

44 seems small, I would go with a 47 or 48 then use a 16 tooth bell should be good to go

Okay! Bought 17 tooth bell and il reorder a new 47 if the 44 is to small maybe borrow to see

Hey guys!

I'm thinking of just buy the Kershaw engine mount kit, what do you think? The one i first ordered aint that good ive read.. + its veery cheap!
So? Should i just go for it?

it is currently out of stock, i sent him an e mail asking when they will be back in stock..... i believe he makes them to order tho.... he will be back in the office on oct 13....

Ah damn..

Any other mounts thts good for my mm2? Original savage flux engine kit does tht work well?

I would wait till I hear from Kershaw on the 13th and see about just gettin the best one :D

Okay sounds okay!
May i ask whats the difference between his mounts and any other?

Well using the Kershaw direct drive would eliminate the heavy transmission and with the stout steel gears in it I am sure it will take the power you have in mind.... as for how the mounting differs I am not sure, but I do know his reputation is GREAT and so are his parts.....

Okay!

So i only need to buy the mount for
69$? Nothing else right?

Okay!

But then i need the mount for 99$ + the transmission gear and they cost about 50$?

Latest posts

Members online

Back