Savage XL Nitro Convert into Flux!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No you will remove the current transmission and install the kershaw unit in place , your old trans will not be needed with the 99.00 setup

Thats correct, just use your slipper and gear off the old trans on the new kershaw unit

Sounds great! Ive bought a flux conv for my original tranny :/
Maybe il just use them untill something brake down.. And then buy the 99$ kit!
Are there any videos of how to mount it and stuff?

I am sure he includes a instruction sheet with the setup, search Kershaw Designs on youtube I am sure there are vids :D

Ah great! Starting to have spent alot of cash on this rebuild x)

Sweet vids!

Will everything match up? Driveshafts and stuff? Its all bolt on? the lit looks epic!! It gets so much more spacy then original..

Any1 got a vid on how to dismount the 2 speed transmission? looked at a video and it seems like he has another kind :s

HUH ? just simply take out the 8 screws that secure the trans to the tvp's and remove from the chassis....

iknow, but split it all up..
How do i split these 2?

Attachments

• IMG_2358.JPG
    IMG_2358.JPG
    795.3 KB · Views: 5
This one is not correct right? cus i think i need the other gear from my fuel gearbox..

IMG_2359.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2359.JPG
    IMG_2359.JPG
    809.7 KB · Views: 1
not sure what you mean, the way I hear it is the Kershaw direct drive unit comes with all you need except for the spur and slipper unit which you use off the original transmission assembly....

should be a circlip holding the gears on the shaft, remove the circlip and should slide apart....

got the manual for the truck, should be a diagram detailing how it all comes apart and all

Read that.. ive done what it says but still cant split them..
I need this gear any1 got a clue what it is?

Did you buy the kershaw direct drive unit? If so, I'm not sure why you are taking apart the transmission gears. It looks like the kershaw unit replaces the whole transmission.

sorry I guess I am lost on what you are trying to do... maybe someone else will chime in here and help out

In the first photo you posted, it shows that you still have the clutch installed. If you turn the gear in the correct orientation you should be able to see the mounting screw for the clutch, then remove it from the shaft.

Did remove the one small screw for the clutch, but cant slide it off the shaft.. :/ + i think i might got the wrong gear

the screw for the clutch pins it to the shaft so if ya remove that screw it should slide rite off the shaft

Then my screw is ruined.. the umbraco wont fit in it.. hmmz, should i drill it out? x)

the head should take a 2.5 mm driver to remove it, not the 2mm that adjusts engagement of the 2 speed....

Figured it out.. the gear there wasnt the one i needed! I need the gear:
To the LEFT at 1.57 minutes! any1 got a clue what gear that is?

Latest posts

Members online

Back