Project Name: Black Magic ..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds good, you may wanna integrate your steering servo into the mid tank plate though, i couldnt find a way of mounting it to the XL TVP without making up some sort of plate to mount to the TVP first but you may be more inventive than me and pull it off lol

The wing comes down to preference i guess, if you like it off leave it off, i love running a wing, it helps keep your head from touching the ground too, but youl need to cut your body to mount it though iv found having the wing really helps protect the body from damage at the rear.

Thanks for the advise on the steering servo.. I do want the wing i do have a black one on the way i just didn't wanna cut the body. I might end up doing it. I do like the idea of it protecting the head because i really don't wanna scratch it up. It also my fill that gap i have from the shock tower to the rear bumper.

Man that is one sweet looking truck you have there hyp!! Really like the wheel and tire combo.

Man that is one sweet looking truck you have there hyp!! Really like the wheel and tire combo.

Thanks alot! I was having a tuff time with her yesterday tuning and trying to figure out why she would die right after id give it full throttle. After inspecting it for leaks and what not i found some fuel on the buttom of the cooling head then on my fuel line. I re tightened down my cooling head and replaced the fuel tube.. nothing. Come to see something dangling from my exhaust head. Then found this...

I'm thinking / hoping this was my issue.. Picking one up on the way home.. Guess we will find out later tonight.

I uploaded some more pics here. https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=138962#post138962

Last edited by a moderator:
After alittle mishap yesterday cracking my exhaust i had to hunt one down.. me being inpatient i went to the LHS and just bought it. Thanks to the members that were HELPFUL in guiding me in the right direction.

Runs great :rock: working on making a video for you guys!

Thanks for the advise on the steering servo.. I do want the wing i do have a black one on the way i just didn't wanna cut the body. I might end up doing it. I do like the idea of it protecting the head because i really don't wanna scratch it up. It also my fill that gap i have from the shock tower to the rear bumper.

also if your showing of,the wing can also double as a wheelie bar lol and its pretty stable.

also if your showing of,the wing can also double as a wheelie bar lol and its pretty stable.

Yeah as you can see from that pic ive already done a number on my cooling head.. Gonna order another and add the wing as soon as i find some time. Thanks eric!

What do you guys think about bashing like jumps and backflips with these wheels / tires? That a big no no? Should i slap the stock ones back on for bashing?

Sorry for the crappy pics..Couldnt find my camera but now looking at these pics its on my iHome. Here it is.. all winged up. I plan on buying a new OFNA head because i scuffed this one up pretty bad. Time to test it as soon as it stops RAINING!!!

Thanks guys!! I'm actually making a new mount right now at work. I wanna make the wing stay alittle lower so it almost sits even with the lip of the tail of the truck.

More pics to come!

kinda like this jr?
IMGA0257.jpg

btw nice batmobile lol jk thats a nice truck man

Yes eric! LOLz at the bat mobile.. that is what my son calls it. I'm making a different wing mount as we speak and adding different holes so i can adjust the wing up or down. Looks good so far.. oh and look.. my paint just arrived!

have you cut a hole in the windshield for some air flow to help keep the bad boi cooled?

I know i need to.. I just haven't yet.. Kinda wanna cut out the entire windshield from under the HPI windshield decal. Just kinda tossing ideas around so it still looks good.

New wing mount is a wrap. Mounting from the shock holes to the bottom where the shock tower screws into the diff.

I cut out the whole windshield on my stock XL body. I like the way it looks a little better than having just a hole there but it does make the body a little more prone to splitting around that area.

I cut out the whole windshield on my stock XL body. I like the way it looks a little better than having just a hole there but it does make the body a little more prone to splitting around that area.

Got any pics? I really wanna go that route but the splitting was another one of my concerns. I was gonna dremel the corners so it looks nice and rounded off.

Why didn't those show on the post? Oh, well you should still be able to see them. I also dremeled the grill out to make it functional.

Cut the grill out so it can let a little air in.

How i attached the wing mount.

Rear shot..

Sits right where i wanted it.

Only thing that happened in this entire mod was i drill one hold in the wing incorrectly... Ill get one once i break this one.

Quick question guys...

I bought this servo saver installed it and my Jr Z590M servo will only turn it in one direction. Doesn't have the power to turn the other direction. I had to remove it and put my stock one from my 21 back in. MY question is how many oz of torque do you need to turn one of these? I do wanna upgrade my servo but don't have the funds for a hundred dollar one.

I had that set up for a few months and never had an issue except for when I put it in at first I put the arms on the servo saver the wrong way around. the 590 is 85 oz but it will get the job done. Good luck getting it right.

P.S. I love the truck.

another add on..

I couldnt for the life of me figure out why i couldnt brake at all... I thought.. humps dead.. Charged and checked... nothing. So i took the brakes off come to find that hex was completely stripped and the pad was just spinning around it. Since i was still using a .21 brake set i upgraded to the Savy X setup.. Needless to say i am VERY PLEASED! Can we say endo?! lol

Rant....

After bashing for about an hour or so... Just ripping in the street... Broke yet again another servo case.. I am sooo FED up with this.. that makes 3 cases broken. I have to figure this issue out.

/Rant

Members online

No members online now.
Back