Project Name: Black Magic ..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypnotiq

I - AM - HYPNOTIQ
You guys know i bought a Savy 21 from a neighbor about a month and a half ago. Bone Stock.. One of the first things i did after several attempts to get her running good. Was bought a F4.6 Mill then made hump pack. Now I'm just going nuts redoing the whole truck.. My plan is to get this entire truck BLACK. Anything i can do to make that possible i will do. Here is the list of the items I'm waiting for so added on as of now.. Pictures to follow as the mods get put on.

HPI XL extended chassis (want to paint)
X Diffs (Front & Rear) Got some off e-bay (ThanksWildchild27)
X Arms (Front & Rear) e-bay.com
Black Wing
HPI Savage X GT2 Clear Body (painted gloss black)
Black Cooling head for F4.6 ( need to find one EDIT:Found one.. thanks M0rphin3 ) e-bay.com
Four Phaltline Street Tires for 44 shipped! (Thanks HOLLYWOOD) twscrawlers.com
HPI Racing Blast Wheel, Black, 17mm - #3256 (Thanks LJ!) smfstore.com
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Had a few questions about a few things..

1st) Will the trans need different cups for the dogbones? answered
2nd) wheels that are choose posted above.
3rd) What are some good hexes since i have to upgrade to 17mm.
4th) Any suggestions?? Things i may have missed / need?

SEE BELOW FOR FINISHED PRODUCT!!

Current upgrades: Black Magic Specs

Picco .28 (not modded.. YET...)
STS 0702 Pipe, Header
Dynamite Max-Life Aluminum Shoes w/ Mugen 1.0mm springs
3 Speed Transmission (High Speed Gears)
FLM EXT TVPS Anodied BLACK
FLM Center skid plate
FLM Midtank plate
FLM motor plate
D8 150CC "clunk tank"
RPM Receiver box Blk
HPI Plastic Roll bar
Big Bore Shocks w/Hellfire shafts & Bad Horsie socks 30WT Oil
RR 48T SG / 16T HD HPI CB
SF1 T&B Servo / Ace RC 1015 Steering Servo
HPI Wing / Mugen Stay // Custom wing mount
HPI Blast wheels on HPI Phaltine tires
Custom Splash Guards
Custom Hump pack 5 AA 2450mah
Spectrum DX3S W/ Telemetry installed

After the original build was complete this is what it looked like.. before all the "upgrades".

Then i was very happy with the build but it wasn't exactly perfect.. so it was time to blow some more money.. FLM Anodized Black TVPS ( LJ is a human search engine.. thank you!) Big Bores and midtank time..

Picco .28 (not modded..)
Extreme RC Mods End Bleed Pipe
Dynamite Max-Life Aluminum Shoes w/ Mugen 1.0mm springs
3 Speed Transmission (High Speed Gears)
FLM EXT TVPS Anodiezed BLACK
FLM Center skid plate
FLM Midtank plate
FLM motor plate
D8 150CC "clunk tank"
RPM Receiver box
Blk HPI Plastic Roll bar
Big Bore Shocks w/Hellfire shafts & 30WT Oil
47T SG / 16T HD HPI CB
Ace RC 1313 T&B Servo / Ace RC 1015 Steering Servo
HPI Wing / Mugen Stay // Custom wing mount
Proline Black Dishes on Dirt Bonez
Custom Hump pack 5 AA 2450mah

Then I said to myself... Looks fast.. but its not.. so it was time to add a couple hop ups to make it fast.

Notice the new servo's and relocated the steering servo for LCG. Also Servo plate cleaned sanded and sprayed matte black. (thanks for the servo mounts TripleSix)

Here are the most current/favorite pictures i have... more to come once the weather breaks.

Current Weight

After all this time it finally made a Xtreme Rc

But i wanna thank all the members of the site that helped me put this beast together.. you know who you are. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
well i cant answer all of you questions but will comment, the dog bones will fit those cups, no problem on the trans or outerdrive cups.
If your going all black get a set of oem shock springs (black) and get rid of the red ones.

can you say carbon fiber? thats the way to go if you want all black plus it shaves weight.

on another note i just switched my 21 diffs over to the xl diffs and found alot of stuff to change so i am the man for that topic i just got it finished last night
it took 2 months to get done do to the parts i dident think i would need

to do it right you will need

1. xl bulk heads

2. xl dog bones

3. Xl bulk braces

4. xl out drive cups regular or extended (i got the ext and love them)

5. xl diffs

6. xl shock towers

you can use the center dog bones and cups or switch them to the x not xl
hit me up if you have any questions

I'm confused here, are you going from 21 diffs to x diffs or xl diffs, if your just going to x then your ok, if going with xl diffs talk to nitromite

Looking good man. Now take it out and bash it till it falls apart and you will have a reason to do more upgrades.

yes you are right for some reason i read XL diffs (don't know why)

you are ok everything their should work,

i switched to XL my bad

Cooling head if you are using the F4.6 mill in this truck then this OFNA cooling head will work, and its black, i just recently purchased it due to the very very nice price compared to the HPI cooling head and i didnt like the purple, its a direct bolt on and you even get shims, and a spare button.. i think this is a better option then painting or dying.

Cooling head if you are using the F4.6 mill in this truck then this OFNA cooling head will work, and its black, i just recently purchased it due to the very very nice price compared to the HPI cooling head and i didnt like the purple, its a direct bolt on and you even get shims, and a spare button.. i think this is a better option then painting or dying.

Oh look at that.. someone bought it.. money man

Thanks Mang!

i order from RC Planet a lot, but if you want to save $20 on a set of tires, you may want to check this link out: http://www.tcscrawlers.com/HPI-Racing-Phaltline-Tire-140x70mm-2pcs-4886-p-17902.html

please be warned, i've recently read that the above company, not RC Planet, does not support this forum and, instead, have tried to bribe the forum admins (members?) to promote their products. just a heads up.

i order from RC Planet a lot, but if you want to save $20 on a set of tires, you may want to check this link out: http://www.tcscrawlers.com/HPI-Racing-Phaltline-Tire-140x70mm-2pcs-4886-p-17902.html

please be warned, i've recently read that the above company, not RC Planet, does not support this forum and, instead, have tried to bribe the forum admins (members?) to promote their products. just a heads up.

Thank you Hollywood... Just bought them.. Now having second thoughts about the wheels.. Might look for others.. Just a little undecided.

Anyone got any recommendations for a black wheel that's NOT a dish?

i want those ones i posted but there 14mm hex.. should i be concerned about that? I just ripped through a set of stock Gt ones. Am i correct in saying that the 17mm's are sturdier?

Latest posts

Members online

Back