J1A1H XXL Torque Monster Buildup........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to know...send me a PM :)

Little Update with my build
Ill let the pics do the talking

2011-04-14195954.jpg

Some More of Dejans Goodies arrived today!

2011-04-15120650.jpg

2011-04-15131032.jpg

2011-04-15124554.jpg

2011-04-15140836.jpg

Yes the ESC Mount is meant to be sitting at an angle.
2011-04-15140601.jpg

I'm going to have to take back that last comment...

I just got done adding a bunch of countersunk washers to cap heads after i ran out of countersunk screws.

truck looks great man!

What are those shocks from, where did you get them, and how much were they? Can you use stock HPI Big Bore shafts and pistons with them? I love the look of those, and if they're cheap enough, I'm gonna grab some...

They are just regular Alloy BB and Plastic BB. The alloy BB is just naked without the spring etc. I'm just running it for increased damping as my spring setup is very stiff.

Those aren't HPI alloys. I've got a set of A720 HPI Aluminum Big Bores on my truck now, and they're coated dark grey and have plastic lower caps. Yours are obviously different. Plus, in post #1 of this thread, you said they wer cheap Hong Kong parts. Do you remember where you got them, maybe have the ebay store you bought them from in your MyEbay list still?

Do the pin retainers from the swaybar kit not fit those bulks? If they do, you definitely need to get them on, cause otherwise, the first big cartwheel is gonna spit upper suspension pins everywhere.

300m - i know what you mean... i ran out of countersunk screws, but i don't mind using various ones with the washers. I just don't want to damage the anodising with screws...

Ascender - you are right, these are the HK Copy BB... But they are awesome. And i can make the sway bar upper arm pins stays work, but they are not needed. They are in there tight, plus the plastic bumper bits work anyway.

Cheers for all the kind comments! Makes me very happy

I have been very busy this weekend with some DIY work... so not much time for the savage... plus I'm waiting on some solder and flux...

Anyway had an hour to fiddle today...

I have realigned the diff mount correctly now...

I just wanted to work on the wire mess that could occur if i don't get this right... So i wanted to see where everything would sit...

Some Wire Mesh to protect wiring.. .

BTW it isnt finished yet... So not all ends finalised

Black Mesh on Motor Wires
2011-04-17202226.jpg

How ESC & Motor wires will eventually connect when i finish soldering of bullets.
2011-04-17204114.jpg

How everything looks from below with the BEX and RX Case installed. _ servo wires obviously not pictured
2011-04-17205133.jpg

Note the Wire Stay Holder at the front of the RX Box built into the plate. (THANKS DEJAN)
2011-04-17205219.jpg

All Chassis drilling done and how it looks with Battery Box Mounts.
2011-04-17205338.jpg

And One more
2011-04-17205651.jpg

Thanks 88, appreciate the comments...

Not completed yet... but should be done very soon!

Waiting on a few little bits to complete like shock ball ends, shock oil, some more washers and i need a front bumper! OH AND I NEED A NEW STEERING SERVO!, i decided to use my ace servo as my brake servo and need a savox i think for my steering

Here are some more pics as it comes together

Directly From above
Steering Throw.
2011-04-25013314.jpg

From Underneath... A little Upskirt shot ;) through my see through skid plate made from Bullet Proof Material! Shows off my internals nicely and will make fault finding easier if i have a prob with my centre diff
2011-04-25013555.jpg

The Rear end is completely finished
2011-04-25013823.jpg

So Close!!!
2011-04-25013044.jpg

dude this is truly the greatest build of all time! lol good job mate!

Thanks for the kind comments!

...And to hopefully preserve the tvps as long as possible. I decided to protect them with 1mm lexan. Mt Previous GCM TVPs looked pretty battered after 6s abuse. I do not want these getting ripped apart immidiately!

2011-04-26235356.jpg

What i like, is that you don't even see them fitted... they will begin to look tatty, but ill just cut some new ones out as i have a template now.

Run this??? haha noooo!!!!

I'm GOING TO BASHHHHHHH THISSSS!!!!!

Right!

I know this build is going on wayyyy toooo looonnggg! But I'm still waiting on
Savox 1256 Steering servo
Some Little bits from HobbyKing to finish off my look
A Baja Wing

But in the mean time, i have received something which i put on the truck immediately...

I received my new REAL TITANIUM Suspension shafts from Rob at KrakenRC!
http://www.krakenrc.com/index.php/products/products/view/2/10

These look awesome, and are extremely tough. Definitely tougher than stock from what i have felt, and for people that stilll bend the Alloy BigBore Shock TI COATED Steel shafts, you know what to upgrade too now :)

2011-05-10213416.jpg

2011-05-10225620.jpg

Some nice pics installed showing i still get great travel with my shocks.

2011-05-10220757.jpg

Rear Shock
2011-05-10231057.jpg

Front Shock - ------- Note it isnt installed in usual lower a arm location!------ info below as to why...
2011-05-10230936.jpg

WHY HAVE I MOVED THE FRONT SHOCK and Removed the sway bar? Because i wouldnt get full steering throw without so.

Only the front sway bar has been removed. I will have to see how it handles without it. I'm hoping the large offset hexs will save me here.... Only time will tell.

Where the Shock Is now sitting on the lower a arm (sway bar location) Notice the Shock with the black sock using the original fitment position.

2011-05-04175351.jpg

Steering at full throw. You can see how the steering rod end connecting to the spindle, requires the space where the shock end would be fitted to reach its full throw.

2011-05-04175428.jpg

So now i have moved everything, and i am getting full throw... I should have great steering

2011-05-06223436.jpg

Little tease pic of the cage finished...

Should be running in the next couple of days :twisted: Just need to get my brake problem sorted...

2011-06-04154357.jpg

Cheers for the comments guys!

This ESC Sounds completely different to the MMM!!! SOMETHING OUT OF TERMINATOR HAHA! vids will follow and many more pics

Ok Guys...

FIRST TEST RUN

results... Blown Pinion gear and brakes need serious adjusting, which will be done upon installation of new pinion

Half throttle was only held. Never once was full throttle pulled as i was too worried about stopping without brakes.

Pinion snapped as there was too much grip and the truck was in reverse i believe.

There is so much weight up front that the truck didnt wheelie and felt very controlled even with so much power.

Only time will tell when i try full throttle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO-gqU4mkPI

Freakin' awesome dude!

Love that cage, wish I had the knowhow to do one for my Flux.

Hope you get the pinion problem sorted, look forward to seeing more video!

Latest posts

Members online

Back