Help out A kid that got a bad deal !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i agree Allan. & remember, when we point 1 finger at the kid, there are 3 more pointing back at us.

the kid obviously has a friendship/respect for the guy that offered to 'help' him. by the time he made his thread, the mod was done & on the way back to him.

he made the thread to say "look at the awesome deal i got" & we ripped it. he did not ask what modder to use, etc.

from what i read, he made the thread wanting to hear "awesome" "great" whatever.

he got shafted yet stuck by his decision & his friend.... a sign of character imo.

***at b/r***

1. Collect the money, buy the mill & lets help out your buddy. If peeps couldnt spare $10 to help, then they wouldnt have offered.

2. The kid might not take the gift caz he's embarrassed, whatever. If he does take it, i still say its great to do a self-less act no matter the reason.

3. If he doesnt take it, then raffle the mill here on HPISF and give $10 worth of tickets to each who have thrown $10 in the hat & invite others to join.

4. No one loses in this: even if we exercises option 3 & no other tickets are sold, then 10-12 guys have a chance to win a (retail $200) mill for $10. Helps the site. Spices things up around here a lil bit.

well said fred

I will chip in "or" raise a little more and have it shipped to me, I'll do a small mod job (no charge) for him as long as it NEVER see's steller's hands for the rest of it's life.

& btw, this offer of donating your time & wisdom just blows my mind. You guys here on hpisf are truly one of a kind :resp:

agreed 100% but we should make it happen soon since if this guy needs his lights on we don't want to wait on the kids decision and have your good friend sitting in the dark. lets make it happen fellas. GREAT SITE here, i love how everyone pulls together.

i agree allan. & remember, when we point 1 finger at the kid, there are 3 more pointing back at us.

The kid obviously has a friendship/respect for the guy that offered to 'help' him. By the time he made his thread, the mod was done & on the way back to him.

He made the thread to say "look at the awesome deal i got" & we ripped it. He did not ask what modder to use, etc.

From what i read, he made the thread wanting to hear "awesome" "great" whatever.

He got shafted by the "guru" yet stuck by his decision & his friend.... A sign of character imo.

***at b/r***

1. Collect the money, buy the mill & lets help out your buddy. If peeps couldnt spare $10 to help, then they wouldnt have offered.

2. The kid might not take the gift caz he's embarrassed, whatever. If he does take it, i still say its great to do a self-less act no matter the reason.

3. If he doesnt take it, then raffle the mill here on hpisf and give $10 worth of tickets to each who have thrown $10 in the hat & invite others to join.

4. No one loses in this: Even if we exercises option 3 & no other tickets are sold, then 10-12 guys have a chance to win a (retail $200) mill for $10. Helps the site. Spices things up around here a lil bit.

+3............

if ya,ll still accepting ,I'm in for $10 lmn..peace

WOW!
i am speechless like seriously i don't know what to say i guess i should say thanks ALOT all !

I should also listen to the "PRO's" next time....

- Brandon
Merry Christmas to all at the HPISF

Brandon you have another pm at burtons page go check it out

WOW!
i am speechless like seriously i don't know what to say i guess i should say thanks ALOT all !

- Brandon

Brandon~

HPISF prides it self in keeping a safe place for young rc enthusiasts to come for help. One of our biggest pet peaves is when a young member gets a raw deal from another one of our members. Thats what sparked our members to be so motivated to help.

Justin aka Bankrupter put the wheels in motion for you...

Please, if you are not positive the best break in method ask. If you break her in rite it will last longer and smoke any stock savy you come across....patience~

Dan

Hello Brandon.

Glad you came back to the site buddy. Some pretty harsh posts in your thread, but i need you to understand 100% that they werent at you and hope there's no hard feelings.

As Crash said, non of us like seeing a brother get a raw deal & we can get pretty passionate about it if one goes down.

Just read the threads & see what others have done before you make your decisions. We've got a lot of experience wisdom & talent here on hpisf

... got a lot of ribbing here too ;)

:peace:

Bankrupter

Think you can pm me your p.p. addy or do i need to drive & spend $20 on gas to hand you a $10 bill :stickpoke:

WOW!

- Brandon

i know it looked like everyone here was dumping on you but seriously my friend we were all just looking out for you as we try to do with everyone here and maybe people didnt word it the best way but was done with only good intentions.. and were really glad to see you back and were all here for you in the future if needed!! and merry christmas to you and your family brandon, hope to still see you around in the new year!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Bank when are you going to be collecting the money for this? Also do you have a total of what was collected? I also need your paypal adress..
:peace:

Money sent. If it is deceided that we will send it to Robin let me know I will chip in more.

Bank already has my money.... Merry Christmas Brandon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brandon~

HPISF prides it self in keeping a safe place for young rc enthusiasts to come for help. One of our biggest pet peaves is when a young member gets a raw deal from another one of our members. Thats what sparked our members to be so motivated to help.

Justin aka Bankrupter put the wheels in motion for you...

Please, if you are not positive the best break in method ask. If you break her in rite it will last longer and smoke any stock savy you come across....patience~

Dan
+1. we be a pridefull bunch.

Brandon,

I don't know you, and I don't know the whole story of how things got interesting, but I can tell you one thing - these are a great bunch of folks here! They may get "opinionated" and "energetic" but it is well-intended.

For example, I wish I had a pic of the first time me and Pope got together to bash - his truck was running MAYBE 10 mins out of an hour and a half - the rest of the time he had his 2yr old son on one hip while holding my controller tuning it - Drive a lap, stop, bend over with his son still on his hip, make a change, another lap, etc.

Just remember one thing, if you get nothing out of this at all - Usually people will argue with you to do something because they care enough to spend the energy to try to help - otherwise they won't bother at all.

Hope you have a great holiday!

Bob

money sent. merry xmas buddy. and by the way, proud to be a part of this site boys great job pulling together!

I will chip in "or" raise a little more and have it shipped to me, I'll do a small mod job (no charge) for him as long as it NEVER see's steller's hands for the rest of it's life.

Thanks guys for pulling together on this fund raiser

HPISF has the best group of guys Ive yet to meet!

~The way you all pull together to help another member is truly inspiring~

looks like we will have the money to except pures offer to send the mill to Canada for a professional engine mod
Thanks Robin

send your donations to: [email protected]

Send it on up, I will get on it asap, hopefully it can be back in his hands for Christmas. I'm happy I can help out in a situation like this :)

Latest posts

Members online

Back