Help out A kid that got a bad deal !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt highly that bank would do that I am sure any money given would go directly into the motor and any extra would be thrown at it in either a mod or something extra for it.

you guys are all awesome. I'm waiting to see if the kid will even accept it. Some people are like that and wont take a gift. Ill put up the total and update the thread. I wont take any money from anyone till this is all a done deal. If the kid says no its the thought that counts and thanks to all for being so generous. This is why I love this forum ...

I'm late on this one. Count me in for 10 as well. PM me your paypal addy Justin.

Last edited by a moderator:
you guys are all awesome. I'm waiting to see if the kid will even accept it. Some people are like that and wont take a gift. Ill put up the total and update the thread. I wont take any money from anyone till this is all a done deal. If the kid says no its the thought that counts and thanks to all for being so generous. This is why I love this forum ...

I'm in for $10..

If he doesn't accept it then I'd like to suggest still buying the mill to help Justin's bud and do another raffle or something, we've all been down on our luck and could use a helping hand.

I will chip in "or" raise a little more and have it shipped to me, I'll do a small mod job (no charge) for him as long as it NEVER see's steller's hands for the rest of it's life.

:beforeme: :resp:

we could do that tex but all would have to agree. Thanks for the input. I would not have suggested it even though I want to help Steve out the most.

I'm in for $10..

If he doesn't accept it then I'd like to suggest still buying the mill to help Justin's bud and do another raffle or something, we've all been down on our luck and could use a helping hand.

I am up for this.. Also if the kid dosen't want the mill we could just raffle it off and donate the rest to the site.. Just my .02..

Wow this for a hot headed know it all. I'm impressed.

Yeah I read the thread and was thinking the same thing, he could have taken the opinions of the members more as helping facts instead of flaming opinions. But who knows what "steller" filled his head with, I'm sure he really did think he was getting a good mill. I don't know much about modding except send it to Robin :) , so I could have been in the same situation, except I would have listened to everyone.

I know one thing, everyone that seen that thread will be more careful with who they choose to mod a mill for them.

Yeah I read the thread and was thinking the same thing, he could have taken the opinions of the members more as helping facts instead of flaming opinions. But who knows what "steller" filled his head with, I'm sure he really did think he was getting a good mill. I don't know much about modding except send it to Robin :) , so I could have been in the same situation, except I would have listened to everyone.

I know one thing, everyone that seen that thread will be more careful with who they choose to mod a mill for them.
well I know from stellers youtube pms to me b4 he sent my name to block he was ripped I got involved. But all in all why would I not. Had I seen the mod vid and the cuts looked anything like a modded mill I would have just watched the thread. But after seeing how hacked up it was I had to call it out. Id be defensive to a guy that was doing me a favor too. So his reply's were not shocking for me to see. The content in them yes that blew me away ....

my 10 is to help justins bud out. A kid gets ripped, we start a help thread to get him a new mill, I'm sure 80+% of you are chipping in to help his buddy. an ungrateful little bad word gets a new mill that he doesn't know if hes gonna accept or not! after seeing how he speaks to guys trying to help him out I vote to raffle it but only to those who pitched in, like a private raffle. sorry if you think I'm harsh but times are tough for everyone, we all have grown up bills, kids, mortgages, car payments ect. plus its the holidays, AND HE WAS WARNED AND STILL SWEARS HE GOT A GOOD DEAL comon man :stressed:

OK he is not responding so we will give this 24 hours. if no word we will make this a raffle for all that have chimed in with paid support b4 this post.... Thanks for all the support on this as Steve needs this money to keep his lights on!

Maybe he finally listened to the advise we gave him and said "for free..... NO WAY" lol.

Gah! Just got home from vacation, so I am a little late to the party

1) Put me in Bank, if it's not too late, for $10
2) I say we use the $$ for both - even if we raise $300, buy the mill from Steve for $300, he has gotten a raw deal, and no one should have to get kicked in the nads by the universe like that without knowing for every crappy person out there (referring to the ex, of course, and trying to remain PG - the REAL response is FAR from PG) who is willing to kick someone when they are down there is someone who is looking to help.

Steve keeps the lights on, kid gets a new mill - and everyone gets to smile.

Just my $0.02.

Bob

Gah! Just got home from vacation, so I am a little late to the party

1) Put me in Bank, if it's not too late, for $10
2) I say we use the $$ for both - even if we raise $300, buy the mill from Steve for $300, he has gotten a raw deal, and no one should have to get kicked in the nads by the universe like that without knowing for every crappy person out there (referring to the ex, of course, and trying to remain PG - the REAL response is FAR from PG) who is willing to kick someone when they are down there is someone who is looking to help.

Steve keeps the lights on, kid gets a new mill - and everyone gets to smile.

Just my $0.02.

Bob

either way if the kid doesnt want the mill ill still send you the bones to help out your bud cuz i know first hand wat its like to need something and have to sell almost everything you have just to have a little bit of food and a roof over my head so either way I'm still sending some cash to help someone that truly needs it the most. I'm not doing this for self preservation or anything just gonna help out someone in need to be able to keep him self looking up and towards a better day that will come to all the truly deserve happiness.

eric....

no baja boy we are helping out bankrupters friend who has a new mill and needs money. I'm sure we have all at one point of our lives or another been in the same situation.

Ok guys, this thread is about trying to help people, not a flame thread to air out issues. Although I am a firm believer in saying things for the way they are, please do not clutter up this thread with negative comments about specific individuals. Remember this is a non flaming forum and everyone needs to remain respectful, no matter what the true feelings may be.

i agree Allan. & remember, when we point 1 finger at the kid, there are 3 more pointing back at us.

the kid obviously has a friendship/respect for the guy that offered to 'help' him. by the time he made his thread, the mod was done & on the way back to him.

he made the thread to say "look at the awesome deal i got" & we ripped it. he did not ask what modder to use, etc.

from what i read, he made the thread wanting to hear "awesome" "great" whatever.

he got shafted by the "guru" yet stuck by his decision & his friend.... a sign of character imo.

***at b/r***

1. Collect the money, buy the mill & lets help out your buddy. If peeps couldnt spare $10 to help, then they wouldnt have offered.

2. The kid might not take the gift caz he's embarrassed, whatever. If he does take it, i still say its great to do a self-less act no matter the reason.

3. If he doesnt take it, then raffle the mill here on HPISF and give $10 worth of tickets to each who have thrown $10 in the hat & invite others to join.

4. No one loses in this: even if we exercises option 3 & no other tickets are sold, then 10-12 guys have a chance to win a (retail $200) mill for $10. Helps the site. Spices things up around here a lil bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back