frddyj's New Ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda weird my profile pic is still there though. Must be saved on the forum.

I just drug out my Savage X, TrashMaxx, and GS Storm buggy. Decided to come on here and see what was shakin. Been about 5-6 yrs myself. Tryin to do a mid tank on my Savvy but I seem to have misplaced the OFNA linkage set I got for it years ago when I got the mid tank setup from a guy out in Ohio. It could be in my warship stuff in Ohio so I will have to look when I go pick that stuff this month.

I just drug out my Savage X, TrashMaxx, and GS Storm buggy. Decided to come on here and see what was shakin. Been about 5-6 yrs myself. Tryin to do a mid tank on my Savvy but I seem to have misplaced the OFNA linkage set I got for it years ago when I got the mid tank setup from a guy out in Ohio. It could be in my warship stuff in Ohio so I will have to look when I go pick that stuff this month.

hey, i remember you, let's do this thing!

Installed my steering bellcrank bearings while I was swapping to the savvy 25 radio box that was modded to work with my homemade tank plate/switch mount.

Repurposed stock linkage. Added a wheel collar from my airplane stash and a spring from a ball point pen. Shortened the stock throttle rod to the servo and put a new z bend in ot. Brake rod is stock and unaltered. Will be doing the mod to the servo saver to restore full brake application in the morning when my dremel wont draw the ire of my Old Man. Lol. Servo mount is made from the part I cut from the stock savvy 25 radio box to make room for the plate. It was the stock throttle servo mount lol. Cut up an old srvo wheel to make extentions so I could use the factory fuel tank mounting bracket holes to mount it. It works absolutely perfect. This is how you do a mid tank on the cheap. Crap I guess I shoulda made a how to thread lol. Oh well.20180207_234525.jpg

Lol, maybe this new email notification thing can bring back all the OG's of this forum. Not gonna lie, once I got into the Baja everything else went by the wayside just because of the reliabilty and ease of use. But even that one has been a very expensive shelf queen the last few years. All my batteries have quit holding a charge and the nitro probably needs to be retuned from scratch to get it to run reliably. Maybe I should get mine running again too!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back